Trump will be president
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
12-10-2016, 08:52 AM
RE: Trump will be president
(12-10-2016 07:02 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I ain't seeing it. His popularity is a direct result of growing dissatisfaction with "the system," but voters are generally cowards. When it comes time to put pencil to oval, it'll be status quo ftw.
That's what I thought as well - until the Brexit happened. I would have bet all my money on the remain campaign, but the status quo lost.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
12-10-2016, 09:01 AM
(12-10-2016 08:52 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 07:02 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I ain't seeing it. His popularity is a direct result of growing dissatisfaction with "the system," but voters are generally cowards. When it comes time to put pencil to oval, it'll be status quo ftw.
That's what I thought as well - until the Brexit happened. I would have bet all my money on the remain campaign, but the status quo lost.

Yeah, sadly!

I do not like many things about Europe land, but I actually fear some things about being out of it with the current bunch of monkeys we have in our parliament and government.

Johnson as Foreign Secretary? How did we deserve that for starters?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
12-10-2016, 09:12 AM
(12-10-2016 08:45 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 01:27 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  This is not all Trump's doing; he can't take full credit for it; Hillary is succeeding at demonstrating she is not beelzebub but a human being who chose a career in public service over, say, a career in crass self-enrichment, so the upswing in her chances on that same model belong to her as much as Trump's plunge belongs to him.
You do realize that the Clintons have become filthy rich by being politicians, right? They have a net worth of over 110 million dollars. You Clinton drones are so uninformed and delusional.

Interesting, can you point me at any evidence that the Clinton's got rich purely through their involvement with politics?

Presumably this takes a fair amount of sleeze in terms of bribes, "gifts" or "favours"? I would have thought, such could be readily spotted by IRS or other analytical or forensic accountants.

They might have got some "advice" on where to put their money, but, arrest every recipient of such in the US and you might need a whole new jail.

Agreed, presidents should be scrutinised by tighter rules - tell T Rump that. Once they are retired though, they have rights as well.

[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
12-10-2016, 09:14 AM
Clinton was at 90.1% a couple hours ago. 90.8% is higher than Obama's highest at 90.3% in 2012.

[Image: election_zps0qab6yy9.png]

#sigh
12-10-2016, 09:16 AM
(12-10-2016 09:12 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Interesting, can you point me at any evidence that the Clinton's got ruch purely through their involvement with politics?
The Clintons received 153 million dollars for giving several hundred little speeches to special interest groups over the past 15 years. You think they paid them that much because of Hillary's charming voice and personality or because she was First Lady, Senator, Secretary of State and aspiring to be President (i.e. to buy political influence and favors)?

(12-10-2016 09:12 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Presumably this takes a fair amount of sleeze in terms of bribes, "gifts" or "favours"? I would have thought, such could be readily spotted by IRS or other analytical or forensic accountants.

They might have got some "advice" on where to put their money, but, arrest every recipient of such in the US and you might need a whole new jail.

Agreed, presidents should be scrutinised by tighter rules - tell T Rump that. Once they are retired though, they have rights as well.
They weren't retired from politics when they gave those speeches.

12-10-2016, 09:27 AM
(12-10-2016 09:16 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 09:12 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Interesting, can you point me at any evidence that the Clinton's got ruch purely through their involvement with politics?
The Clintons received 153 million dollars for giving several hundred little speeches to special interest groups over the past 15 years. You think they paid them that much because of Hillary's charming voice and personality or because she was First Lady, Senator, Secretary of State and aspiring to be President (i.e. to buy political influence and favors)?

(12-10-2016 09:12 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Presumably this takes a fair amount of sleeze in terms of bribes, "gifts" or "favours"? I would have thought, such could be readily spotted by IRS or other analytical or forensic accountants.

They weren't retired from politics when they gave those speeches.

Have other presidents done the same, and for free? Boosting your favourite politician by paying him or her over the odds for a talk is not unusual. Over here though it has to be declared and approved by a parliamentary authority.

Was this open gifting or a plain brown envelope job?

12-10-2016, 09:43 AM
(12-10-2016 09:27 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Have other presidents done the same, and for free?
What? Hillary is not and has never been President of the United States. And no, Bill Clinton is the only US president in history who has received 132 million dollars for giving speeches to special interests. The others have not even received half or even a quarter of that. It should be mentioned that the Clintons have made over 25 million dollars in speaking fees since 2014. You figure she was already planning to run for President in 2016 back then? This kind of obvious corruption would be an outrage and an instant disqualification in any other civilized country, but then, US exceptionalism is a very real thing.

(12-10-2016 09:27 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Boosting your favourite politician by paying him or her over the odds for a talk is not unusual. Over here though it has to be declared and approved by a parliamentary authority.
What kind of a response is that? Are you trying to say that it's acceptable to bribe politicians simply because it's commonplace?

(12-10-2016 09:27 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Was this open gifting or a plain brown envelope job?
I don't know what that question means.

12-10-2016, 10:18 AM
(12-10-2016 08:45 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 01:27 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  This is not all Trump's doing; he can't take full credit for it; Hillary is succeeding at demonstrating she is not beelzebub but a human being who chose a career in public service over, say, a career in crass self-enrichment, so the upswing in her chances on that same model belong to her as much as Trump's plunge belongs to him.
You do realize that the Clintons have become filthy rich by being politicians, right? They have a net worth of over 110 million dollars. You Clinton drones are so uninformed and delusional.

Id rather have a filthy rich corrupt politician in charge of the USA who was unlikely to incinerate us than a mentally unstable xenophobic fuckwit, Trump is mentally unsuitable for office Clinton is not. Ironic that police recruits are psychologically profiled but presidential candidates are not.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
12-10-2016, 10:22 AM
(11-10-2016 11:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-10-2016 04:29 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Since 1998 Oregon has state wide mail in ballots and it's fabulous! There's no standing in a long line at a high school gym or some dank church reception hall. As soon as I receive my ballot I'm mailing it in. It should come in the mail by the end of this week. I can't wait to vote. Thumbsup

I have a question: What's to stop me the evil vote counter from stuffing in a whole bunch of extra "mailed in" ballots for the candidate I like?

You can only place one ballot in each envelope and there's two envelopes. The outer is where the stamp goes....

The inner envelope has your name on it, and a place to sign. Once the envelope has been verified that the person is registered to vote and the signatures match, the envelope is opened and the votes contained are counted.

If the signatures don't match, or the person doesn't reside where they say, or has died before Election Day (which is possible since you mail it in early) the unopened envelope (with ballot still inside) is shredded.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-10-2016, 10:33 AM
(12-10-2016 09:43 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 09:27 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Have other presidents done the same, and for free?
What? Hillary is not and has never been President of the United States. And no, Bill Clinton is the only US president in history who has received 132 million dollars for giving speeches to special interests. The others have not even received half or even a quarter of that. It should be mentioned that the Clintons have made over 25 million dollars in speaking fees since 2014. You figure she was already planning to run for President in 2016 back then? This kind of obvious corruption would be an outrage and an instant disqualification in any other civilized country, but then, US exceptionalism is a very real thing.

(12-10-2016 09:27 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Boosting your favourite politician by paying him or her over the odds for a talk is not unusual. Over here though it has to be declared and approved by a parliamentary authority.
What kind of a response is that? Are you trying to say that it's acceptable to bribe politicians simply because it's commonplace?

(12-10-2016 09:27 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Was this open gifting or a plain brown envelope job?
I don't know what that question means.

George bush senior and George W are still alive. Jimmy Carter is still alive...

I have heard George HW has health issues, plus he was ineffective one term president.

No one really wants to talk to W.

Jimmy Carter is busy with habitat for humanity and having cancer and just being jimmy Carter...

That really does leave Bill, who was fairly popular and young when he left office. Ronald Regan had Alzheimer's..so no way was Nancy letting him out the house -- plus he was very old....

Again context and perspective matter. Before Carter was president, we had, Gerald Ford, and before him was Nixon...before Nixon was LBJ, and before him was Kennedy.

Laugh out load

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
Thread Closed