Trump will be president
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-11-2016, 11:54 AM
RE: Trump will be president
I think it's fair to say --- none us really quite know what to expect with a Trump presidency.....

But -- I think everyone's going to be in for surprises......

For one --- I'll bet anyone - he's going to be far more anti-gun than President Obama ever was.

President Obama didn't sponsor or sign any significant anti-gun legislation.

I'm betting we see President Trump all on board with anti-gun legislation.

Think of where he's from - and who his friends are..... Rudy Giuliani - Michael Bloomberg...... You think they spend a casual afternoon at the gun range, sling some lead?????

Not likely....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
13-11-2016, 12:30 PM
(13-11-2016 11:35 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  We've never interacted. Clearly you're unaware of my stance, other than the fact that I'm a self-confessed liberal.

But I challenge you to show me a position I hold based on ignorance, or a freedom that I wish to repress (or that I fear). I'll give you a starter hint: I'm a Southerner and have been around guns my whole life, so I'm pro-gun in almost every respect. In fact, I qualified Expert in both weapons (M-16 and M-9 pistol) at the Air Force Academy. I took a sacred oath to defend the Constitution of the United States, so I take very seriously any accusation that I am somehow trying to deny people the rights enshrined in that document.

If you're unwilling or unable to challenge your assumptions about why a person would be a liberal, or to update your idea of what a liberal is, then you're not really worth engaging.

You use the phrase "libtard", which tells me you think our positions are based upon a fundamental ignorance of how the world "really" works. Since I'm from the deep South, you're hardly the first person I've met who has made this assertion, and it always turns out to be based on a false version of liberalism that isn't in any way connected to reality... essentially, you guys tend to look at the most extreme form a liberal can possibly take (hippies! SJWs!), and you extrapolate that as representative of the every member of the whole.

Stop sounding like a closed-minded asshole, and do what you're accusing us of not doing: think. Generalizations and broad proclamations get us nowhere.

I'll put it this way;
Only those who are offended, need be offended. That there are varying degrees of any ideology as there are people who hold them is a given.

As you rightly point out we have not interacted before. Yet your very first post, in response to me, included a back handed insult.

Fine.

You already had an example with my interaction with morondog. He asked a question and I answered it. There's no animosity there.

Given that you felt inspired to submit your resume', I am confident you will understand the following;

The next time you blast into a room, clear it first. You won't get hit.

Now. I'm a big fan of the RESET BUTTON. If you want to hit that between you and me, I'm all for it.
If not, I'm all for that as well.

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
13-11-2016, 12:37 PM
(13-11-2016 11:35 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(13-11-2016 11:25 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  Pick one. Then move on to all the more important things that you're not sure of. Or not.

Were denial not so tightly interwoven with liberalism, you'd have plenty to be embarrassed about. Thumbsup

We've never interacted. Clearly you're unaware of my stance, other than the fact that I'm a self-confessed liberal.

But I challenge you to show me a position I hold based on ignorance, or a freedom that I wish to repress (or that I fear). I'll give you a starter hint: I'm a Southerner and have been around guns my whole life, so I'm pro-gun in almost every respect. In fact, I qualified Expert in both weapons (M-16 and M-9 pistol) at the Air Force Academy. I took a sacred oath to defend the Constitution of the United States, so I take very seriously any accusation that I am somehow trying to deny people the rights enshrined in that document.

If you're unwilling or unable to challenge your assumptions about why a person would be a liberal, or to update your idea of what a liberal is, then you're not really worth engaging.

You use the phrase "libtard", which tells me you think our positions are based upon a fundamental ignorance of how the world "really" works. Since I'm from the deep South, you're hardly the first person I've met who has made this assertion, and it always turns out to be based on a false version of liberalism that isn't in any way connected to reality... essentially, you guys tend to look at the most extreme form a liberal can possibly take (hippies! SJWs!), and you extrapolate that as representative of the every member of the whole.

Stop sounding like a closed-minded asshole, and do what you're accusing us of not doing: think. Generalizations and broad proclamations get us nowhere.

Kestrel got pwned Laughat
13-11-2016, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2016 12:56 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(13-11-2016 12:30 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  The next time you blast into a room, clear it first. You won't get hit.

... says the fool who come in, telling us we wanted to be slavers,
and actually thinks that telling groups of people, he has never met, are afraid of something, will fly, and makes him look intelligent.
Laugh out load
Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
13-11-2016, 01:15 PM
(13-11-2016 12:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-11-2016 12:30 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  The next time you blast into a room, clear it first. You won't get hit.

... says the fool who come in, telling us we wanted to be slavers,
and actually thinks that telling groups of people, he has never met, are afraid of something, will fly, and makes him look intelligent.
Laugh out load
Facepalm

Yeah, I'm with you on this one. I like how he tries to put it on me as the person who needs to hit the "reset button". Rolleyes

Look, Kestrel. You came in here very deliberately trying to be an asshole. I reacted to you as I would react to any asshole trying to pick a fight. Even when trying to be conciliatory, after one of us stood up to call you on that bullshit (I guess we're not all beta-male cuckolds, right?), you nevertheless asserted some further bullshit about which of us are "offended".

I'm not offended. I just think you're being an asshole and that it doesn't serve any purpose other than to fluff your own ego while we laugh behind your back at how silly it makes you look to do so. But you obviously think that's what Liberal means: "easily offended", and that basic outlook slips into your language in ways we can see right through. Despite your assertions, most of us are neither ignorant nor emotion-driven. I've always found it ironic that conservatives manage to talk out of both sides of their mouths on this issue: on the one hand (or mouth-side), the claim is that we're all a bunch of over-educated "elites" who spend too much time seeking knowledge in books instead of in the "real" world, while on the other hand (or mouth-side) the accusation is that we're emotional children who know nothing and need some kind of adult to tell us "how things really are".

It's all part-and-parcel to the imaginary version, or straw-man, of liberalism that you prefer to attack, the one you can hear in interviews with ignorant college kids who still don't even know how to balance a checkbook or hold a real job, rather than addressing the "grown-ups" version. I would be equally remiss if I went around interviewing Klansmen and then pretended that this somehow represented Conservative thought in general.

If you want to have an intellectual discourse on the issues, great. But you don't give the impression that you're big on thinking things through, preferring easy stereotypes-- even your concession that "there are varying degrees of any ideology" doesn't mesh well with your earlier assertions about "libtards" and "slavers".

I am a hard-left Liberal. And proud of that fact. I am perfectly ready to defend my positions based on knowledge and firsthand experience with the real world. But I have no time and no tolerance for the smear-campaign propaganda spewed from hyper-conservative assholes and parroted by too many of you on the Right. That is why I reacted as I did, and why it is incumbent upon you, not me, to "hit the reset button". If you wish to speak and interact as an adult and intellectual, then I'm down for that. If you wish to come in here talking like Coulter or Malkin, then I'll treat you like a lying, self-righteous, ignorant jackass.

It's really that simple. Try again?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
13-11-2016, 01:36 PM
I offered him a space, (I think I'll open thread for it), to define and support Conservatism, what it actually means, where it comes from, it's roots in 2016, who it's major thinkers and writers are. He'll never write anything in it. Maybe someone might. Will be interesting. He acts like he has these little scripts on his desk about "liberals", and what they think, then thinks he is somehow in a position to lecture others. What a joke.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
13-11-2016, 01:44 PM
The idea that Trump represents freedom would be laughably naive ... except for the fact that enough people believed it to put us all to the test.

That's frightening.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
13-11-2016, 02:35 PM
bucky ball Wrote:You fools never had ANY solution to health care or anything else at all.

The solution was insurance as it was. I am not responsible for the circumstance of others. Nor do I demand that others be responsible for mine.

buckyball Wrote:All you can do is attempt to repeal, instead of propose anything or fix anything. Neither do any of the above. Nether have YOU. You do have nothing.

Sure I do. It's called life. It's the desire to keep what I earn and make my decisions that I feel are best for myself. Now, there's plenty of taxes that I don't agree with, but that's life. However when the government mandates me to purchase goods that I do not want, that's a restricted freedom, and that is the first step towards full tilt statism and slavery.

buckyball Wrote:I gave you the opportunity here to tell us what Conservatism is, and why it's valuable.

I did not seek your approval before posting. So carry on with your delusion.
I didn't mention conservatism. You did.

whatever Wrote:That's all you have. Lies.
“If you like your health care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health care plan, period.”

“In an Obama administration, we’ll lower premiums by up to $2,500 for a typical family per year.”

“Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase.”

yeah Drinking Beverage

13-11-2016, 02:40 PM
(13-11-2016 11:54 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I think it's fair to say --- none us really quite know what to expect with a Trump presidency.....

But -- I think everyone's going to be in for surprises......

I agree.

Quote:For one --- I'll bet anyone - he's going to be far more anti-gun than President Obama ever was.

President Obama didn't sponsor or sign any significant anti-gun legislation.

I'm betting we see President Trump all on board with anti-gun legislation.

Think of where he's from - and who his friends are..... Rudy Giuliani - Michael Bloomberg...... You think they spend a casual afternoon at the gun range, sling some lead?????

Not likely....

This is a real possibility, if it turns that way I see the house and Senate stopping it.

[+] 1 user Likes Kestrel's post
13-11-2016, 02:59 PM
(13-11-2016 01:44 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  The idea that Trump represents freedom would be laughably naive ... except for the fact that enough people believed it to put us all to the test.

That's frightening.

Thump,

You're not wrong.

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
Thread Closed