Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16-11-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: Trump will be president
Undecided 'struth
Find all posts by this user
16-11-2016, 08:54 PM
(13-11-2016 11:54 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'm betting we see President Trump all on board with anti-gun legislation.

Given a Congress in the hands of the Republicans, I doubt there will be one bit of gun legislation landing on Trump's desk. Sure, Trump will be able to run his mouth if he thinks it will suit his image, but he'll have the tides of Congressional urges to hide behind. It's very easy to be anti- anything when you know that you'll never have to fight it out, and that's exactly the situation Trump is in.
16-11-2016, 11:19 PM
(16-11-2016 08:54 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(13-11-2016 11:54 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'm betting we see President Trump all on board with anti-gun legislation.

Given a Congress in the hands of the Republicans, I doubt there will be one bit of gun legislation landing on Trump's desk. Sure, Trump will be able to run his mouth if he thinks it will suit his image, but he'll have the tides of Congressional urges to hide behind. It's very easy to be anti- anything when you know that you'll never have to fight it out, and that's exactly the situation Trump is in.

Oh we're going to see gun legislation. Pro gun legislation. National reciprocity is #1 on the NRA agenda. Trump has endorsed this potential legislation already.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
16-11-2016, 11:38 PM
(16-11-2016 11:19 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  National reciprocity is #1 on the NRA agenda. Trump has endorsed this potential legislation already.

What is national reciprocity?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-11-2016, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2016 12:02 AM by Chas.)
(16-11-2016 11:38 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 11:19 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  National reciprocity is #1 on the NRA agenda. Trump has endorsed this potential legislation already.

The states are required to recognize the firearms and carry permits from other states.

For instance, I have a carry permit issued by Massachusetts, but it is honored in only a few other states
even though the requirements for that license exceed the requirements in most other states.
And Massachusetts does not recognize any other state's permit.

Oddly, the proponents of firearm reciprocity want individual states to determine what a legal marriage is,
what women's reproductive rights are, what discrimination is legal, who can vote, ...

Curious, eh?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
17-11-2016, 12:15 AM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2016 12:18 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(16-11-2016 11:38 PM)morondog Wrote:  

Depends on the version, there are a few floating around.

The legislation would also respect the rights of individuals who possess concealed carry permits from their home state, or who are not prohibited from carrying concealed in their home state, to exercise those rights in any other state that does not prohibit concealed carry.

So some states let you conceal carry, no permit or license required. This version of the legislation would allow those people to go into other states and conceal carry legally. Hooray?

Let's look at my home state of Pennsylvania.

https://www.psp.pa.gov/firearms-informat...vania.aspx

Who can apply for a Pennsylvania License to Carry?

An individual who is 21 years of age or older may apply for a license to carry firearms by submitting a completed Application for a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms to the sheriff of the county in which they reside or if a resident of a city of the first class, with the chief of police of that city along with the required fee.

Individuals who are 21 years of age or older and are NOT Pennsylvania residents may apply for a license by submitting a completed Application for a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms to any Pennsylvania County Sheriff’s office along with the required fee. A Pennsylvania license cannot be issued to a resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by their home state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state, as published annually in the Federal Register by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of the Department of the Treasury.

The sheriff has 45 days to conduct an investigation to determine an individual's eligibility to be issued a license. Included in the investigation is a background check conducted on the individual through the Pennsylvania Instant Check System (PICS) to determine if the records indicate the individual is prohibited by law. In accordance with 18 PA C.S. §6109, a sheriff may deny an individual the right to a License to Carry Firearms if there is reason to believe that the character and reputation of the individual are such that they would be likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety.

If the PICS check is approved and the subject is of good character, the sheriff may issue a License to Carry Firearms. The issuance of a License to Carry Firearms allows individuals to carry a firearm concealed on or about their person, or in a vehicle throughout this Commonwealth. The license is valid for a period of five (5) years unless sooner revoked.

NOTE: A license to carry firearms is NOT a license to purchase. Individuals who purchase a firearm from a licensed dealer are required to have a background check conducted regardless of whether they have a license to carry firearms or not.

So for concealed carry in PA, there is no aptitude test or otherwise to see if you're fit and ready; just a simple background check (limited to PA). If you have a license from another state, you would be allowed to conceal carry in PA legally, skipping all of the PA licensing fees and background checks. Likewise if you had PA concealed carry license, you'd be allowed to conceal carry in other states where it is legal, even if those states have tighter restrictions or higher standards. What this would do is make all conceal carry states effectively bound to the lowest common denominator, as they'd all have to abide the legal reciprocity of other states, even if the requirements to get such a permit in other states is at a much lower standard.

Now give me a sec to clear the NRA out of my browser history. It makes me feel unclean.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
17-11-2016, 05:38 AM
I don't know what happened to "the best thin about a Trump presidency" thread, so here it goes... I was watching Trump's WWE exploits yesterday and got to thinking:

If Trump and Putin go off to Siberia and wrestle bears together, it could be the best thing for foreign relations for like everz! Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
17-11-2016, 05:46 AM
(16-11-2016 04:13 PM)Naridar Wrote:  I'll just leave this here. Very powerful and astute. Double points for british accent.

I shall repost my previous response to this:

(12-11-2016 04:09 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  The more I think about this one the more it annoys me. This guy can often be spot on, but here he is essentially blaming minorities for standing up for themselves. But he himself is a white middle class able bodied man who doesn't have to put up with many injustices in society. And he does that by ranting and telling the left to shut up and not to tell the right to shut up. Hypocrite much?

So let me respond in kind.

No I shall not fucking shut up. If someone is racist, sexist, homophobic or transphobic then I shall tell them that they are otherwise they won't ever be challenged on their prejudices and feel the need to re-evaluate them.

And if Tom Walker, the person who plays Jonathan Pie, thinks that it was the left that put Trump into power, maybe he should read a bloody history book sometime.
17-11-2016, 05:55 AM
(17-11-2016 05:38 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I don't know what happened to "the best thin about a Trump presidency" thread, so here it goes... I was watching Trump's WWE exploits yesterday and got to thinking:

If Trump and Putin go off to Siberia and wrestle bears together, it could be the best thing for foreign relations for like everz! Big Grin

Poor bears, you are mean. Why pollute their native environment?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
17-11-2016, 08:40 AM
(17-11-2016 05:38 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I don't know what happened to "the best thin about a Trump presidency" thread, so here it goes... I was watching Trump's WWE exploits yesterday and got to thinking:

After bear wrestling then they retire to a sweat lodge to play a game of "hide the missile" Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
Thread Closed