Trump will be president
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-11-2016, 08:55 AM
RE: Trump will be president
(17-11-2016 08:40 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(17-11-2016 05:38 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I don't know what happened to "the best thin about a Trump presidency" thread, so here it goes... I was watching Trump's WWE exploits yesterday and got to thinking:

If Trump and Putin go off to Siberia and wrestle bears together, it could be the best thing for foreign relations for like everz! Big Grin

After bear wrestling then they retire to a sweat lodge to play a game of "hide the missile" Big Grin

Wow. Holy unlawful assault of the visuals, Batman. Gasp

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
17-11-2016, 09:01 AM
(17-11-2016 08:40 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(17-11-2016 05:38 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I don't know what happened to "the best thin about a Trump presidency" thread, so here it goes... I was watching Trump's WWE exploits yesterday and got to thinking:

If Trump and Putin go off to Siberia and wrestle bears together, it could be the best thing for foreign relations for like everz! Big Grin

After bear wrestling then they retire to a sweat lodge to play a game of "hide the missile" Big Grin

Or maybe the bears will win. Of course, that would only be a good thing if Pence goes with them.
Find all posts by this user
17-11-2016, 09:05 AM
(17-11-2016 09:01 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(17-11-2016 08:40 AM)adey67 Wrote:  After bear wrestling then they retire to a sweat lodge to play a game of "hide the missile" Big Grin

Or maybe the bears will win. Of course, that would only be a good thing if Pence goes with them.
And if the bears lose its a sweat lodge three way Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
19-11-2016, 11:21 AM
There might still be hope for your priestridden and godforsaken nation:

The one, true, and real Harvey

Bene vixit, bene qui latuit
René Descartes
[+] 1 user Likes Harvey's post
19-11-2016, 05:21 PM
morondog Wrote:Hi amigo Smile
Smile

morondog Wrote:I have no idea how you reached the conclusion that he was the best out of the choices presented.
One of the reasons is because he was a political outsider.
There is no way I would vote for a Democrat due to the liberal counter evolutionary policies and ideology.
Libertarianism is a philosophical disaster based on anarchy.
The Green party, I dismiss as more counter evolutionary bullshit.

While I find that there is some meat on the bone to criticize Trump, the primary of examples against him put forth by critics, are predominantly based on emotion and not intellect.

As a quick example;
Full Circle Wrote:From where I sit all those surface traits Trump exhibits such as contempt for women, dislike of anyone who is non-white male, POWs, families of dead soldiers, a free press, the handicapped, fulfilling contractural obligations, discrimination in housing etc. pretty much screams that this is the content of his character and does indeed tell the truth of that person.

So let's start with “contempt for women.”
I certainly have the capacity for feeling contempt toward individuals. I quite often find an individuals behavior and/or actions personally contemptible. However, I am without the personal experience of feeling contempt for a group of people based upon the criteria of a common trait of that group, that exercised no choice in regard to that trait. While I understand the definitions of misogyny, racist, misanthropy, xenophobia, misandry etc, I have no frame of reference within my ideology that allows me to understand or relate to these concepts from within. Therefore I must rely upon observing these traits from without.

“Donald Trump has contempt for women.” “Donald Trump is a misogynist.”

MISOGYNY DEFINITION

CONTEMPT DEFINITION

I do not make it a habit to voluntarily spend time with people I hold in contempt. Let alone voluntarily marry, (multiple times) as Trumps has. Furthermore, I certainly would not deliberately put those I had contempt for in charge of my interests. As Trump has a long history of doing.
Conclusion; Observation does not agree with definition of above assessment. Therefore assessment is false. REJECTED

”Donald Trump is racist” “Donald Trump is xenophobic”

RACIST DEFINITION

XENOPHOBIA DEFINITION

Again, since ones race is not a voluntary choice, racism is not an experience I can draw upon. Taking the definition of racism and viewing Trump through that lens, I can see where some behaviors of his could possibly indicate a lean towards that direction.
It would be more just for me to hear what the group(s) themselves, who are the recipients of this alleged racism have to say.
I'll pick two of the most focused upon groups in this regard; Blacks and Hispanics.

Blacks;
Jesse Jackson praising Trump

Black Trump supporters explaining WHY Trump

Mississippi’s First Black Mayor Charles Evers Endorses Trump For President

Hispanics;
Latinos for Trump

CBS clip

Hispanic ex Trump employee

Gays; (For diversity's sake)

Death threats for gays attending Trump rally

CBS Trump LGBTQ

Hmm.
So within the groups to which Trump is accused of being racist, there are members who do not see it that way. Are they then uninformed? Because to listen to them, they sure don't sound that way. Are they stupid? Self loathing? Ahhh. Perhaps they're simply deplorable.
In any regard, how unenviable the position of having whitey explain to them why they should be offended by Trump.

Conclusion; Given that there is representation of groups that are supposedly recipients of Trumps “racism” that do not recognize or acknowledge the claim, observation does not agree with the above stated charge of racism. REJECTED

Oh! I almost forgot!
On the accusation of Trump being xenophobic;
Aside from the fact that Trump pursues and invests in business interests across the globe, two of his aforementioned wives are foreigners. One Slovenian and one Czechoslovakian.
REJECTED

”Donald Trump holds contempt for POWs and families of dead soldiers.”

Referencing Trumps response to a McCain attack and Khizr Kahn's speech at the DNC.
IMO, galactically stupid things for Trump to have said.
Yet to paint with an all encompassing brush that it translates to meaning ALL is just as stupid.

Many veterans voted for Trump, although it is my understanding that it was with the smallest margin any Republican has carried, yet still ahead of the Dems.

Conclusion; It is clear through observation that a majority of veterans do not feel Trump holds them in contempt and while a certain number of vets openly declare “Never Hillary” and voted based solely upon that, Trump has recognized the systemic problems of the VA and has vowed to change it.
REJECTED (just barely).

”Donald Trump is against a free press.”

Both Trump and Clinton had their fair share of whining about the press. Both putting forth ideas to limit the press.

Conclusion; With Trumps explicit declaration of wanting to open up libel laws in order to sue, I disagree fervently. A free press should be just that. That the press is biased is just a fact of life. Too bad Don. Suck it up, cupcake. So until I hear him state that the press is off limits...
ACCEPTED

”Donald Trump holds the handicapped in contempt.”

Ummm...

Full Circle Wrote:Now you've gone FULL RETARDFacepalm
SOURCE

Full Circle Wrote:...Retard.
SOURCE

Full Circle Wrote:I’m afraid he went full retard.
SOURCE

Conclusion; Painful lack of self awareness, convenient cherry picking of the term handicapped or willful ignorance of hypocrisy while racing to express faux outrage.
REJECTED

Retard. Hobo

“Donald Trump does not fulfill contractual obligations.”

Major construction projects are rife with contractual difficulties. Materials, completion times, risk management, expected quality of workmanship and on and on. Trump may lead the pack in contractor and subcontractor disputes, however it is an accepted industry wide concern.

Quote:The construction industry is a complex and competitive environment in which participants with different views, talents and levels of knowledge of the construction process work together. In this complex environment, participants from various professions, each has its own goals and each expects to make the most of its own benefits. In the construction industry, since differences in perceptions among the participants of the projects, conflicts are inevitable. If conflicts are not well managed, they quickly turn into disputes. Disputes are one of the main factors which prevent the successfully completion of the construction project. Thus, it is important to be aware of the causes of disputes in order to complete the construction project in the desired time, budget and quality.

SOURCE

Conclusion; That Donald Trump is accused of not paying his bills, is interesting but certainly not uncommon in the industry. Observation declares that since Trump has been in business for over 4 decades, if he didn't pay the people who work for him, people would have long ago stopped doing business with him. Yet he and his business endure.
REJECTED

morondog Wrote:I do believe you voted for a loony Wink
I hear ya. Cool

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
19-11-2016, 05:37 PM
(16-11-2016 11:19 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 08:54 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Given a Congress in the hands of the Republicans, I doubt there will be one bit of gun legislation landing on Trump's desk. Sure, Trump will be able to run his mouth if he thinks it will suit his image, but he'll have the tides of Congressional urges to hide behind. It's very easy to be anti- anything when you know that you'll never have to fight it out, and that's exactly the situation Trump is in.

Oh we're going to see gun legislation. Pro gun legislation. National reciprocity is #1 on the NRA agenda. Trump has endorsed this potential legislation already.

So long as we have national standards, I think reciprocity is fair. I was speaking more about gun-control legislation.

Although it is a bit hypocritical for the party supporting states' rights to be so willing to wield federal mandates as such.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
19-11-2016, 05:41 PM
(19-11-2016 05:37 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 11:19 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Oh we're going to see gun legislation. Pro gun legislation. National reciprocity is #1 on the NRA agenda. Trump has endorsed this potential legislation already.

So long as we have national standards, I think reciprocity is fair. I was speaking more about gun-control legislation.

You don't need legislation for gun control....

You need breath control, arm muscle conditioning, and lots of practice....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
19-11-2016, 08:29 PM
(19-11-2016 05:21 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  As a quick example;
Full Circle Wrote:From where I sit all those surface traits Trump exhibits such as contempt for women, dislike of anyone who is non-white male, POWs, families of dead soldiers, a free press, the handicapped, fulfilling contractural obligations, discrimination in housing etc. pretty much screams that this is the content of his character and does indeed tell the truth of that person.

So let's start with “contempt for women.”
I certainly have the capacity for feeling contempt toward individuals. I quite often find an individuals behavior and/or actions personally contemptible. However, I am without the personal experience of feeling contempt for a group of people based upon the criteria of a common trait of that group, that exercised no choice in regard to that trait. While I understand the definitions of misogyny, racist, misanthropy, xenophobia, misandry etc, I have no frame of reference within my ideology that allows me to understand or relate to these concepts from within. Therefore I must rely upon observing these traits from without.

“Donald Trump has contempt for women.” “Donald Trump is a misogynist.”

MISOGYNY DEFINITION

CONTEMPT DEFINITION

I do not make it a habit to voluntarily spend time with people I hold in contempt. Let alone voluntarily marry, (multiple times) as Trumps has. Furthermore, I certainly would not deliberately put those I had contempt for in charge of my interests. As Trump has a long history of doing.
Conclusion; Observation does not agree with definition of above assessment. Therefore assessment is false. REJECTED

I must have hit a nerve to bring out such a detailed response from you. Consider

Contempt -synonym: disrespect
Straight from the horses mouth he assaults women, grabs them by the pussy without their consent. Your rejection is REJECTED

(19-11-2016 05:21 PM)‘Kestrel Wrote:  ”Donald Trump is racist” “Donald Trump is xenophobic”

RACIST DEFINITION

XENOPHOBIA DEFINITION

Again, since ones race is not a voluntary choice, racism is not an experience I can draw upon. Taking the definition of racism and viewing Trump through that lens, I can see where some behaviors of his could possibly indicate a lean towards that direction.
It would be more just for me to hear what the group(s) themselves, who are the recipients of this alleged racism have to say.
I'll pick two of the most focused upon groups in this regard; Blacks and Hispanics.

Blacks;
Jesse Jackson praising Trump

Black Trump supporters explaining WHY Trump

Mississippi’s First Black Mayor Charles Evers Endorses Trump For President

Hispanics;
Latinos for Trump

CBS clip

Hispanic ex Trump employee

Gays; (For diversity's sake)

Death threats for gays attending Trump rally

CBS Trump LGBTQ

Hmm.
So within the groups to which Trump is accused of being racist, there are members who do not see it that way. Are they then uninformed? Because to listen to them, they sure don't sound that way. Are they stupid? Self loathing? Ahhh. Perhaps they're simply deplorable.
In any regard, how unenviable the position of having whitey explain to them why they should be offended by Trump.

Conclusion; Given that there is representation of groups that are supposedly recipients of Trumps “racism” that do not recognize or acknowledge the claim, observation does not agree with the above stated charge of racism. REJECTED

Your claim is that even if one person from said group says he’s cool with me that alone absolves him from all charges? How ridiculous.

Let’s review the record shall we?
http://fortune.com/2016/06/07/donald-tru...sm-quotes/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dona...60bf777e83
There are enough examples here to show a glaring pattern of racism.
Once again your rejection is REJECTED

(19-11-2016 05:21 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  Oh! I almost forgot!
On the accusation of Trump being xenophobic;
Aside from the fact that Trump pursues and invests in business interests across the globe, two of his aforementioned wives are foreigners. One Slovenian and one Czechoslovakian.
REJECTED

Racist =/= xenophobe
xenophobe
: one unduly fearful of what is foreign and especially of people of foreign origin
racism
: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Guilty of equivocation.

(19-11-2016 05:21 PM)‘Kestrel Wrote:  ”Donald Trump holds contempt for POWs and families of dead soldiers.”

Referencing Trumps response to a McCain attack and Khizr Kahn's speech at the DNC.
IMO, galactically stupid things for Trump to have said.
Yet to paint with an all encompassing brush that it translates to meaning ALL is just as stupid.

Many veterans voted for Trump, although it is my understanding that it was with the smallest margin any Republican has carried, yet still ahead of the Dems.

Conclusion; It is clear through observation that a majority of veterans do not feel Trump holds them in contempt and while a certain number of vets openly declare “Never Hillary” and voted based solely upon that, Trump has recognized the systemic problems of the VA and has vowed to change it.
REJECTED (just barely).

In your apologetics you suggest that unless every member of the targeted group is not personally attacked then somehow the charges are without merit. A false standard at best and a hypocritical one at worst.

(19-11-2016 05:21 PM)‘Kestrel’ Wrote:  ”Donald Trump is against a free press.”

Both Trump and Clinton had their fair share of whining about the press. Both putting forth ideas to limit the press.

Conclusion; With Trumps explicit declaration of wanting to open up libel laws in order to sue, I disagree fervently. A free press should be just that. That the press is biased is just a fact of life. Too bad Don. Suck it up, cupcake. So until I hear him state that the press is off limits...
ACCEPTED

We’re making progress.

(19-11-2016 05:21 PM)‘Kestrel’ Wrote:  ”Donald Trump holds the handicapped in contempt.”

Ummm...

Full Circle Wrote:Now you've gone FULL RETARDFacepalm
SOURCE

Full Circle Wrote:...Retard.
SOURCE

Full Circle Wrote:I’m afraid he went full retard.
SOURCE

Conclusion; Painful lack of self awareness, convenient cherry picking of the term handicapped or willful ignorance of hypocrisy while racing to express faux outrage.
REJECTED

Retard
adjective:
Slang. stupid or foolish.

My calling a person without disabilities retarded as a slang for stupid =/= a presidential nominee mocking someone who actually has physical disabilities.

(19-11-2016 05:21 PM)‘Kestrel Wrote:  Retard. Hobo

Ummm
[Image: retard.jpe]

(19-11-2016 05:21 PM)‘Kestrel’ Wrote:   “Donald Trump does not fulfill contractual obligations.”

Major construction projects are rife with contractual difficulties. Materials, completion times, risk management, expected quality of workmanship and on and on. Trump may lead the pack in contractor and subcontractor disputes, however it is an accepted industry wide concern.

Quote:The construction industry is a complex and competitive environment in which participants with different views, talents and levels of knowledge of the construction process work together. In this complex environment, participants from various professions, each has its own goals and each expects to make the most of its own benefits. In the construction industry, since differences in perceptions among the participants of the projects, conflicts are inevitable. If conflicts are not well managed, they quickly turn into disputes. Disputes are one of the main factors which prevent the successfully completion of the construction project. Thus, it is important to be aware of the causes of disputes in order to complete the construction project in the desired time, budget and quality.

SOURCE

Conclusion; That Donald Trump is accused of not paying his bills, is interesting but certainly not uncommon in the industry. Observation declares that since Trump has been in business for over 4 decades, if he didn't pay the people who work for him, people would have long ago stopped doing business with him. Yet he and his business endure.
REJECTED

Oh look, a General Contractor for 30 years is being schooled on how the construction industry works. [Image: EM9rl6c.gif?zoom=2]

Many people have indeed stopped doing business with him, in fact 3,500 lawsuits have been brought against him for failing to meet contractural obligations. I’m sure some might have been without merit just as I’m sure many others who were not paid wrote off the loss instead of suing. Good money after bad money as the saying goes.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...lways-pay/

This was fun, let’s do it again. Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
19-11-2016, 08:50 PM
Ever notice that a lot of these hyper-xtian peckerheads usually choose a bird of prey for their on-line handles? I've observed this phenomenon over many years.
19-11-2016, 08:54 PM
(19-11-2016 08:50 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Ever notice that a lot of these hyper-xtian peckerheads usually choose a bird of prey for their on-line handles? I've observed this phenomenon over many years.

Interesting. Peckerhead sure seems a better nom de guerre for our friend here.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
Thread Closed