Trump will be president
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
06-12-2016, 08:29 PM
RE: Trump will be president
(06-12-2016 07:04 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 03:30 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  At least one Texas elector has publicly said he will not be casting his electoral vote for Trump, on December 19th we’ll find out if this is a lone voice or not.

Why I Will Not Cast My Electoral Vote for Donald Trump
By CHRISTOPHER SUPRUN
DEC. 5, 2016
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/05/opinio....html?_r=0

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

If there was ever something I might pray about... this would be it... other than that one time I thought I might be pregnant, I prayed pretty hard then too, it must've worked!

Remember, these are republican electors. They won't switch to Hillary either way. Even if 50 refused to vote for Trump, the vote would move to the house of reps where Trump would surely win anyway.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
06-12-2016, 08:45 PM
(06-12-2016 08:29 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 07:04 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

If there was ever something I might pray about... this would be it... other than that one time I thought I might be pregnant, I prayed pretty hard then too, it must've worked!

Remember, these are republican electors. They won't switch to Hillary either way. Even if 50 refused to vote for Trump, the vote would move to the house of reps where Trump would surely win anyway.

Depends who gets the third most. If McMillan got the third most they might vote for him.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2016, 06:08 AM
But if he won neither the majority of the popular vote or the Electoral College what is the basis of his authority? He would be blocked because he is unfit. So sayeth the Electoral College. If it is then dependent on the House of Representatives, then one is in the position that they should, surely, start looking at the popular will and the fact that most people didn't want Trump and that he Electoral College stopped him from taking power.

If the EC does not elect him and, constitutionally, they are fulfilling their role by doing so, then it is subverting both the popular will and the electoral process by over-ruling the EC. At that point, the best option would be to find a compromise candidate, obviously a more sane and moderate Republican.

Anyone reading the mood of the people and wanting to put their wishes into effect would say that they were both deeply unpopular and divisive candidates. What's wrong with a compromise for four years? In parliamentary democracies it's common for there to be no clear winner so a "coalition" is struck until the next election. What's four years anyway? Oh, yeah, with Trump it would seem like an eternity. lol
07-12-2016, 07:46 AM
Well, his attack on Boeing cost me more of my retirement money. For someone who wants to privatize retirement, he needs to choose his words more carefully, one improper remark can cause stocks to tumble. I don't think the guy understands the economy. What I took from his latest rally is that he wants to have a military and police state, an autocratic one, with regulated media that only reports what he wants them to.

LDH, is that how you see it too, and why you like it?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-12-2016, 07:57 AM
(07-12-2016 07:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, his attack on Boeing cost me more of my retirement money.

Should've moved it to United Technologies as soon as you saw the Carrier news. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
07-12-2016, 08:07 AM
(07-12-2016 07:57 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 07:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, his attack on Boeing cost me more of my retirement money.

Should've moved it to United Technologies as soon as you saw the Carrier news. Big Grin

I removed a bunch of stocks a while ago, Boeing wasn't one of them. Now I have to figure out what he is going to attack next. I am tempted to put my money under my mattress. Or bury it someplace. Confused

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-12-2016, 08:33 AM
(06-12-2016 07:04 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 03:30 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  At least one Texas elector has publicly said he will not be casting his electoral vote for Trump, on December 19th we’ll find out if this is a lone voice or not.

Why I Will Not Cast My Electoral Vote for Donald Trump
By CHRISTOPHER SUPRUN
DEC. 5, 2016
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/05/opinio....html?_r=0

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

Sorry, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too high.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
07-12-2016, 08:52 AM
(07-12-2016 07:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, his attack on Boeing cost me more of my retirement money. For someone who wants to privatize retirement, he needs to choose his words more carefully, one improper remark can cause stocks to tumble. I don't think the guy understands the economy. What I took from his latest rally is that he wants to have a military and police state, an autocratic one, with regulated media that only reports what he wants them to.

LDH, is that how you see it too, and why you like it?

(07-12-2016 07:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  he needs to choose his words more carefully

Oh Dom, would that it were so...would that it were true.

I have a feeling that his unstable mouth and brain are going to be a regular thing. Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
07-12-2016, 10:05 AM
(07-12-2016 08:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 07:57 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Should've moved it to United Technologies as soon as you saw the Carrier news. Big Grin

I removed a bunch of stocks a while ago, Boeing wasn't one of them. Now I have to figure out what he is going to attack next. I am tempted to put my money under my mattress. Or bury it someplace. Confused

I invested in precious metals namely gold and platinum and since the US election the price has tumbled Trumps madness has an international reach sadly.
07-12-2016, 10:32 AM
(07-12-2016 10:05 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 08:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  I removed a bunch of stocks a while ago, Boeing wasn't one of them. Now I have to figure out what he is going to attack next. I am tempted to put my money under my mattress. Or bury it someplace. Confused

I invested in precious metals namely gold and platinum and since the US election the price has tumbled Trumps madness has an international reach sadly.

My guess is that they will go up again... soon.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
Thread Closed