Trump will be president
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
27-10-2016, 07:22 AM
RE: Trump will be president
(26-10-2016 09:42 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  So pretty much everyone agrees that a line must be drawn, between a basic hunting rifle and a Stinger missile. The only real question comes in at where that line is drawn, and what levels of licensing we'd need in order to approve Joe Guyonthestreet for the Javelin antitank missile, or whatever in between. For some reason, 2nd Amendment advocates think you're the devil if your opinion of "where do we draw that line" is even one rung further down the ladder than their own.

Sure, first they take away your right to own a Stinger missile and the next thing you know you are an outlaw for owning a Swiss Army knife.

Tongue

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
27-10-2016, 07:33 AM
(27-10-2016 07:22 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(26-10-2016 09:42 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  So pretty much everyone agrees that a line must be drawn, between a basic hunting rifle and a Stinger missile. The only real question comes in at where that line is drawn, and what levels of licensing we'd need in order to approve Joe Guyonthestreet for the Javelin antitank missile, or whatever in between. For some reason, 2nd Amendment advocates think you're the devil if your opinion of "where do we draw that line" is even one rung further down the ladder than their own.

Sure, first they take away your right to own a Stinger missile and the next thing you know you are an outlaw for owning a Swiss Army knife.

Tongue

My girlfriend's Swiss Army Knife has a locking blade, making it illegal to carry in England Tongue

'Murican Canadian
27-10-2016, 07:40 AM
(27-10-2016 07:33 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(27-10-2016 07:22 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Sure, first they take away your right to own a Stinger missile and the next thing you know you are an outlaw for owning a Swiss Army knife.

Tongue

My girlfriend's Swiss Army Knife has a locking blade, making it illegal to carry in England Tongue

Yup, with limited access to guns stabbing seem to be how we Brits get our murders done, up close and personal like Sad
27-10-2016, 11:38 AM
Today Hillary Clinton has one more vote in the bag because I voted. What I found interesting is the attendant pointed out a counter before and after I inserted the ballot into the ballot box. When it went up by one, he said "See, your voted has been counted". This never happened before and it seemed stupid because raising the tally count by one isn't the same as my actual vote being counted. However, I'm thinking he was doing this to help people believe the voting process is fair and accurate - i.e., not rigged. I wonder how much similar things are going on elsewhere because of Trump.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
27-10-2016, 11:51 AM
(27-10-2016 07:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-10-2016 09:42 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Hillary is not coming to "take all our guns". Gun regulation is not taking your guns, ...

Your post was very well stated, succinct and clear. However, I think she is far more toward the "take all your guns" end of the spectrum than you seem to.

She has stated that she completely disagrees with Heller and will work from day one to see it struck down. She has also expressed admiration for Australia's approach and wants to consider it for the U.S.

hillarylinton.com

Her language there is disingenuous.
What "weapons of war" is she talking about?
She wants to reinstate the "assault weapons" ban which has been shown to have had no positive effect.
There is no "gun show loophole" or "internet sales loophole". The buying and selling of guns are already covered by state and federal laws.

From the Washington Post.

Yes, she's a lying manipulator of the facts in order to pander to her base and win support by championing an idea that is not solidly based on evidence.

That's a pretty good definition for "politician".

It's still not the same thing as trying to completely disarm Americans for the purpose of instituting tyranny over us, which is essentially the claim people are making about her (and about Obama, curiously, since he's done fuck-all about guns, really).

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
27-10-2016, 12:05 PM
(27-10-2016 07:40 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(27-10-2016 07:33 AM)yakherder Wrote:  My girlfriend's Swiss Army Knife has a locking blade, making it illegal to carry in England Tongue

Yup, with limited access to guns stabbing seem to be how we Brits get our murders done, up close and personal like Sad

Well, you guys do have precedence with some guy named Jack.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
27-10-2016, 12:25 PM
(25-10-2016 09:01 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(25-10-2016 08:49 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I don’t think it will doom her simply because this isn’t an election based on one single topic. Having said that the ACA is a huge burden on my own family. We’re down to one provider where I live and the monthly payments along with the high deductible would floor you. Undecided

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/...ge%2Fstory

And you will still vote for her? Even though you know you'll have an ACA price increase and higher taxes after she implements her tax plan? A Trump presidency means more money in my pocket.
I would pay $10,000 more in taxes per year with Hillary than Trump and voted for her. Trump is unsuited for office and I'd gladly pay more to avoid economic instability, political upheaval, and even war that would result from an idiot like Trump getting elected.

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 1 user Likes Azaraith's post
27-10-2016, 12:31 PM
(27-10-2016 12:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(27-10-2016 07:40 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Yup, with limited access to guns stabbing seem to be how we Brits get our murders done, up close an personal like Sad

Well, you guys do have precedence with some guy named Jack.

Yup he was a bad boy, one of my relatives don't ya know Tongue
27-10-2016, 01:02 PM
You know, Obamacare hurts me, but I still am 100 percent behind HRC because I know it's better for our country that the ACA exists. I'm paying out the ass for insurance coverage, but I know it's the right thing to do. I'm in no way a one-issue constituent and I think it's irresponsible to be one. She will win, I will be on the right side of history and it's a simple choice for me. I've volunteered for months now, and that is a first for me, it's that important.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like WillHopp's post
27-10-2016, 01:05 PM
(27-10-2016 01:02 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  You know, Obamacare hurts me, but I still am 100 percent behind HRC because I know it's better for our country that the ACA exists. I'm paying out the ass for insurance coverage, but I know it's the right thing to do. I'm in no way a one-issue constituent and I think it's irresponsible to be one. She will win, I will be on the right side of history and it's a simple choice for me. I've volunteered for months now, and that is a first for me, it's that important.

Important for the world not to have a nutter in charge of the USA that's for sure.
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post
Thread Closed