Trump wins big South Carolina!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2016, 01:30 PM
RE: Trump wins big South Carolina!
(24-02-2016 01:17 PM)philosopher Wrote:  I would agree that if Trump wins, we leave. I lived in Canada once before; we can easily do that. But I won't vote for Clinton or Sanders, either. The outright pandering to criminal apologists is appalling.

I voted for myself for every position last election. I'll probably do so again.

We could all meet up in Canada. My mother was from Canada and I have dual citizenship so I may be traveling north for the duration of a Trump presidency. I'm serious too. That man will be the downfall of the US.

Someone needs to slap him up-side the head and shove shit down his throat.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
24-02-2016, 01:32 PM
(24-02-2016 12:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I won't vote for a criminal or mysogynist/racist.

I'll vote for a criminal just to keep another Scalia off the Supreme Court.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
24-02-2016, 01:39 PM
(24-02-2016 01:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-02-2016 12:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I won't vote for a criminal or mysogynist/racist.

I'll vote for a criminal just to keep another Scalia off the Supreme Court.

I'm hoping that will be settled before the election.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

24-02-2016, 01:40 PM
(24-02-2016 01:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-02-2016 01:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'll vote for a criminal just to keep another Scalia off the Supreme Court.

I'm hoping that will be settled before the election.

Not gonna happen according to the Republican Senators.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
24-02-2016, 01:40 PM
(24-02-2016 01:23 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I will say this though. Not voting and letting these nut bag republicans win is ridiculous. Youre obviously allowed to do what you want, but I'm personally horrified. lol.

I kind of go back and forth. With almost any candidate -- including Trump -- half the time I go, "Yeah, that's right!" And then they open their mouth and again it's like, "Noooooo, you ruined it!"

"The danger of religious faith is that it allows otherwise normal human beings to reap the fruits of madness and consider them holy." - Sam Harris
[+] 1 user Likes philosopher's post
24-02-2016, 01:43 PM
(24-02-2016 01:40 PM)philosopher Wrote:  
(24-02-2016 01:23 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I will say this though. Not voting and letting these nut bag republicans win is ridiculous. Youre obviously allowed to do what you want, but I'm personally horrified. lol.

I kind of go back and forth. With almost any candidate -- including Trump -- half the time I go, "Yeah, that's right!" And then they open their mouth and again it's like, "Noooooo, you ruined it!"

"Why didnt you just shut up before you said that! Crap!" lol I hear ya.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
24-02-2016, 01:44 PM
(24-02-2016 01:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-02-2016 01:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm hoping that will be settled before the election.

Not gonna happen according to the Republican Senators.

The country is fucked.

I've never seriously ever considered leaving it. Now I am.

I'll just say this, it's very likely my state with go for whoever isn't trump so my not voting won't matter much.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

24-02-2016, 01:45 PM
(24-02-2016 01:17 PM)philosopher Wrote:  I would agree that if Trump wins, we leave. I lived in Canada once before; we can easily do that. But I won't vote for Clinton or Sanders, either. The outright pandering to criminal apologists is appalling.

Why not Sanders?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-02-2016, 01:53 PM
(24-02-2016 01:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Why not Sanders?

I agree with a lot of the things Sanders says. But then he panders to criminal apologists like much of the mainstream far left*, Clinton included. I'd prefer him to Clinton, honestly, though she has a fair point that her policies have a chance of actually being approved; Sanders would likely be lame duck unless the Democrats win any congressional seats.

*For the record, I tend to call myself an independent, as I have a whole collection of very far left views (usually social issues) and also very far right views (usually justice views), very few in the middle, really. But, no, I'm also not a libertarian.

"The danger of religious faith is that it allows otherwise normal human beings to reap the fruits of madness and consider them holy." - Sam Harris
24-02-2016, 02:25 PM
(24-02-2016 01:53 PM)philosopher Wrote:  
(24-02-2016 01:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why not Sanders?

I agree with a lot of the things Sanders says. But then he panders to criminal apologists like much of the mainstream far left*, Clinton included. I'd prefer him to Clinton, honestly, though she has a fair point that her policies have a chance of actually being approved; Sanders would likely be lame duck unless the Democrats win any congressional seats.

*For the record, I tend to call myself an independent, as I have a whole collection of very far left views (usually social issues) and also very far right views (usually justice views), very few in the middle, really. But, no, I'm also not a libertarian.

What do you mean by "panders to criminal apologists"?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post