Trump wins big South Carolina!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2016, 02:34 PM
RE: Trump wins big South Carolina!
(24-02-2016 02:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-02-2016 01:53 PM)philosopher Wrote:  I agree with a lot of the things Sanders says. But then he panders to criminal apologists like much of the mainstream far left*, Clinton included. I'd prefer him to Clinton, honestly, though she has a fair point that her policies have a chance of actually being approved; Sanders would likely be lame duck unless the Democrats win any congressional seats.

*For the record, I tend to call myself an independent, as I have a whole collection of very far left views (usually social issues) and also very far right views (usually justice views), very few in the middle, really. But, no, I'm also not a libertarian.

What do you mean by "panders to criminal apologists"?
Reading his website and in his debate and town hall comments, he's rather vocal about not actually addressing crime and those who commit crimes, but instead blames police and the justice system. He continues to perpetuate outright lies and misleading examples in support of this "criminal justice reform."

"The danger of religious faith is that it allows otherwise normal human beings to reap the fruits of madness and consider them holy." - Sam Harris
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2016, 02:35 PM
(24-02-2016 02:34 PM)philosopher Wrote:  
(24-02-2016 02:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  What do you mean by "panders to criminal apologists"?
Reading his website and in his debate and town hall comments, he's rather vocal about not actually addressing crime and those who commit crimes, but instead blames police and the justice system. He continues to perpetuate outright lies and misleading examples in support of this "criminal justice reform."

What are the "outright lies"?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
24-02-2016, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2016 04:30 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-02-2016 12:48 PM)Vosur Wrote:  He also received 41% of the Latino vote, compared to Rubio's 29%.

Just 8% of Republican Nevada caucus goers (132 votes) were Hispanic. I'm not sure Trump winning 41% of them (54 votes) means much.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-02-2016, 04:14 PM
(24-02-2016 01:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-02-2016 01:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'll vote for a criminal just to keep another Scalia off the Supreme Court.

I'm hoping that will be settled before the election.

It won't, they have announced in Republican circles that they will not let it be.
25-02-2016, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2016 09:50 AM by Vosur.)
(24-02-2016 01:01 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  He's a hair better than Hitler, but just a hair.
Here we go again. Trump is only a hair better than a man who orchestrated the murder of over 10 million innocent civilians? Do you guys listen to yourselves? Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
25-02-2016, 10:08 AM
(25-02-2016 09:45 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(24-02-2016 01:01 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  He's a hair better than Hitler, but just a hair.
Here we go again. Trump is only a hair better than a man who orchestrated the murder of over 10 million innocent civilians? Do you guys listen to yourselves? Laugh out load

Do you even listen to Trump? His rhetoric is that of a demagogue, very similar to the pre-Holocaust Hitler.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-02-2016, 10:44 AM
Trump's campaign has been run like a reality television show, so it's not surprising that he's ahead.

But...

I don't think he really wants to actually win. He's playing the role of Donald Trump. He's just trying to see how much horrible things he can say and still win republican votes. He's appealing to the lowest common denominator. And honestly the worst in people, his followers now feel it's ok to be a little racist, mysogynist and xenophobic They're only going by his example -- those leanings were always there, it's just now they feel it's safe to express them. He's in it for himself and his ego, to see himself on television and think how great he his. He doesn't care a whit about this country except for what it can do for him.

Republican Party only has themselves to blame for this, with their attitude recently that even moderate republicans are tired of. Most people time and again have said they don't care about gay marriage or the so-called family values of the Republican Party. The Republican Party has refused to listen to those constituents, in favor of those who really look back to a time when segregation was the way of the land as the good old days. They want to declare their brand or religion, Christianity as our national religion. They don't want children to actually learn science in schools, they want them to be taught about a controversy they created. They want prayer in schools because that will fix everything.

If only the democrats had stepped up with someone better, honestly I wouldn't be concerned at all about a trump presidency.

Sanders is a little too far left for the middle American. Clinton is seen as a criminal (who might be indicted -- for me personally, I've never been a fan of her even when she was First Lady).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-02-2016, 11:19 AM
(25-02-2016 09:45 AM)Vosur Wrote:  

Go back and read some of Hitler's early speeches.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
25-02-2016, 11:49 AM
(25-02-2016 10:44 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Trump's campaign has been run like a reality television show, so it's not surprising that he's ahead.

But...

I don't think he really wants to actually win. He's playing the role of Donald Trump. He's just trying to see how much horrible things he can say and still win republican votes. He's appealing to the lowest common denominator. And honestly the worst in people, his followers now feel it's ok to be a little racist, mysogynist and xenophobic They're only going by his example -- those leanings were always there, it's just now they feel it's safe to express them. He's in it for himself and his ego, to see himself on television and think how great he his. He doesn't care a whit about this country except for what it can do for him.

Republican Party only has themselves to blame for this, with their attitude recently that even moderate republicans are tired of. Most people time and again have said they don't care about gay marriage or the so-called family values of the Republican Party. The Republican Party has refused to listen to those constituents, in favor of those who really look back to a time when segregation was the way of the land as the good old days. They want to declare their brand or religion, Christianity as our national religion. They don't want children to actually learn science in schools, they want them to be taught about a controversy they created. They want prayer in schools because that will fix everything.

If only the democrats had stepped up with someone better, honestly I wouldn't be concerned at all about a trump presidency.

Sanders is a little too far left for the middle American. Clinton is seen as a criminal (who might be indicted -- for me personally, I've never been a fan of her even when she was First Lady).

Agree with all except that Trump does want to win. He needs the crown. He needs minions. He needs to rule and show everyone what a male man he is. (he is slightly effeminate). He needs to elevate himself and his admirers and destroy his enemies. He needs to be a hero in history. He is a megalomaniac.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
25-02-2016, 01:20 PM
(25-02-2016 10:08 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-02-2016 09:45 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Here we go again. Trump is only a hair better than a man who orchestrated the murder of over 10 million innocent civilians? Do you guys listen to yourselves? Laugh out load

Do you even listen to Trump? His rhetoric is that of a demagogue, very similar to the pre-Holocaust Hitler.

Let's even go so far as to dishonestly pretend that "we used to be great, we aren't any more, and it's all the fault of those people" wasn't, in fact, a dominant plank of fascist movements all across Europe.

What's David Duke's endorsement worth?

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post