Truth is

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2013, 06:56 AM
RE: Truth is
(05-05-2013 06:51 AM)morondog Wrote:  I like to think I've been achieving decent penetration Big Grin
[Image: 423.jpg]

Hate to lump you in with tellmecrap, but this kinda applies to both of you.

(Oh jeez! DLJ is so gonna tell us off now Confused )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2013, 06:59 AM
(05-05-2013 06:56 AM)Vera Wrote:  Hate to lump you in with tellmecrap, but this kinda applies to both of you.

Angry Dodgy Confused Sad Sadcryface Sadcryface2
05-05-2013, 07:01 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2013 04:02 PM by Full Circle.)
(05-05-2013 02:35 AM)Tellmetruth Wrote:  Truth is the Father we should Worship, the Child we should Nurture and the Holy Spirit we should allow to Flow freely amongst us all.

Truth is God

You need to look up a poster on this forum named childeye. I think you two would make a great couple...just not here.

You two could mentally masturbate each other and let that "spirirt" flow all over you.

Or you could actually say something intelligible in an atheist forum that might promote thought and points worthy of debate. So far all I hear from you sounds like it comes from Madam Zelda in a traveling carnival.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
05-05-2013, 07:06 AM
(05-05-2013 06:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  Angry Dodgy Confused Sad Sadcryface Sadcryface2

Okay, okay, okay! That one was only for him. This is for you.

[Image: tumblr_lt83bx3bkI1r4m6veo1_1280.png]

All better now? Jeez, men can be such crybabies! [Image: smileys-baby-211360.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
05-05-2013, 07:11 AM
It doesn't seem like any one here goes deep, so far it's just shallow juvenile insults... Bit disappointing really I was hoping for something a bit more challenging may be someone could have tried to convert me to atheism!
05-05-2013, 07:20 AM
(05-05-2013 02:35 AM)Tellmetruth Wrote:  Truth is the Father we should Worship, the Child we should Nurture and the Holy Spirit we should allow to Flow freely amongst us all.

Truth is God
No, it's a delusion.

That deep enough for you? It certainly isn't shallower than your pathetic preaching, if you can even call it that. Hurling vapid assertions is not debating. Unless you're 12. And you sound like you're 12.

And unlike religionists, we don't push our views on others. So I doubt that anyone here has much interest in deconverting you. Yeah, that is the right term. You don't convert to something that isn't a religion.

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
05-05-2013, 07:22 AM
(05-05-2013 07:11 AM)Tellmetruth Wrote:  may be someone could have tried to convert me to atheism!

Why'd we want you ? Christees can keep ya. You're sub-standard.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-05-2013, 07:27 AM
(05-05-2013 07:11 AM)Tellmetruth Wrote:  It doesn't seem like any one here goes deep, so far it's just shallow juvenile insults... Bit disappointing really I was hoping for something a bit more challenging may be someone could have tried to convert me to atheism!

Excuse me? Did you not read Robotworld's, DLJ's or my own posts, did you?

(05-05-2013 06:10 AM)robotworld Wrote:  

Truth is God

I have to disagree. My stance is that the following truth is better than your truth:

Truth comes from reality when we embrace it, the mind when we challenge it and the exchange of ideas when we allow such exchange to flow freely.

We derive truth from critical thinking. Any truth can be shattered given the right evidence and rigorous challenge. In fact, I invite you to challenge my version of truth.

(05-05-2013 06:39 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Truth is God

An assertion.

(05-05-2013 02:59 AM)Tellmetruth Wrote:  ...
I'm interested in debate with atheists; how deep do they go or are they all like you?

If so, please offer us something to debate i.e. ask a question.

Assertions are likely to get a "believe what you like as long as you keep your delusions to yourself" kinda reply.

I, for one, would be happy to debate.

Try again, please, with something worth debating.

Thanks

(05-05-2013 03:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Nooo,

Something which is true can only be said to be so when one can prove it to be so.

Naturally, Deities and their mythologies have never been so proven in all their years of existence.
Yours, I am sure time will tell, shall only prove to be exactly the same as all others in this regard.

If you are indeed interested in debate, spouting such nonsense will get you only as far as a tongue lashing from members here; you've yet to say anything to initiate a real discussion.

And what exactly do you mean by "deep"? Simply agreeing that deities are responsible for all things?

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
05-05-2013, 07:47 AM
(05-05-2013 07:11 AM)Tellmetruth Wrote:  It doesn't seem like any one here goes deep, so far it's just shallow juvenile insults... Bit disappointing really I was hoping for something a bit more challenging may be someone could have tried to convert me to atheism!

Then why not ask us to, if that's what you want.

Drinking Beverage

05-05-2013, 07:49 AM
(05-05-2013 06:56 AM)Vera Wrote:  (Oh jeez! DLJ is so gonna tell us off now Confused )

Why would I tell you off?

Chit-chat between you and the dog is a sign from Our Lady of the Holy Gwynnity that a thread is reaching its demise.

And that's what this thread deserves.

All's well that end's well.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The True Truth of Creationism itsacow 3 561 27-03-2012 01:57 AM
Last Post: robotworld