Truth is

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2013, 04:26 PM
RE: Truth is
(05-05-2013 07:11 AM)Tellmetruth Wrote:  Bit disappointing really I was hoping for something a bit more challenging may be someone could have tried to convert me to atheism!

Someone would have to give a rat's ass about you and apparently no one seems to.

I try to imagine what could possibly have gone through your mind to decide to come to an atheist forum and post some vapid, incoherent sound-bites that mean nothing when examined even for a moment.

Had your first post asked a sincere question I can assure you that the responses would have been thoughtful. Instead you make a triumphant declaration that you seem to think is intelligent and inescapable and self-evident. You must have expected to have converted several of us just with that OP No

So you are a taken aback by the immediate push-back and less than welcoming replies. Imagine that. Who's fault is it? The forum members here minding their own business or yours for sticking your dick where it doesn't belong?

Which of the following two OPs do you think would receive the most sincere replies in a Xtian forum?:

1) Hello, I'm atheist but would like to pose a question to this forum regarding whatever.
or
2) Hello, I'm atheist and think that the concept of god is a ridiculous idea conjured up by humans afraid of death. It is nothing more than a delusional dogma perpetuated by the indoctrination of children and is akin to child abuse.

You are but the latest in a long line of believers who I've run across in my life peddling supernatual wish-thinking without ever taking the time to deeply question the very things they believe. Your OP said everything I needed to know about you, which is to say you're as shallow as a teaspoon...like Kim said, fuck off.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
06-05-2013, 12:00 AM
I think I'm gonna keep that "Like Kim said, fuck off" phrase for later use Big Grin It's wasted on TMT.
06-05-2013, 06:36 AM
(06-05-2013 12:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  I think I'm gonna keep that "Like Kim said, fuck off" phrase for later use Big Grin It's wasted on TMT.

With all the situations that line is apropos for she may become famous! I'm going to go and post it on the WIWTR thread.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
06-05-2013, 08:37 AM
For the most part, truth is in the eye of the beholder.

Facts are truth. But mostly, what holds true for me in my life, may not at all hold true in yours.

Truth is relative.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
06-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Why should we try to convert you to anything? What purpose does it serve me for you to adhere to anything I adhere to? I don't financially benefit from it. I don't gain any political power from it.

I don't care what you believe, just don't ask me to believe and don't request others to believe it, and leave it out of politics and we will be all good.

How is this for deep, a few of my favorite quotes:
“Sit down before fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abysses nature leads, or you shall learn nothing” -Thomas Henry Huxley

"The deepest sin against the human mind is to believe things without evidence. Science is simply common sense at its best -- that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic."
-Thomas Henry Huxley

Truth is not something you could ever fully be aware of having attained. It must always be said, that through scientific inquiry we may learn of the likelihood that our observations and conclusions are correct or incorrect. I can't discern fact from fiction if I am only willing to believe that my current set of knowledge is sufficient and true.

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
06-05-2013, 02:05 PM
(05-05-2013 07:11 AM)Tellmetruth Wrote:  It doesn't seem like any one here goes deep, so far it's just shallow juvenile insults... Bit disappointing really I was hoping for something a bit more challenging may be someone could have tried to convert me to atheism!

Why would anyone try to convert you? Are you unhappy with your beliefs? Is that what you came here for? Or maybe your god gives you brownies for resisting deconversion? Like has been said already, we don't care what you believe. Whatever makes you happy.

So I did give you a serious reply earlier, but you didn't reply.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
08-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Why do some people post absurd comments that have no verifiable/credible/compelling evidence . . . then complain that they are being rejected? If I said "Faeries are truth", that would be no more "truth" than the OP gave.
08-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Can you be rejected if you made no real attempts at advancement to begin with?

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The True Truth of Creationism itsacow 3 559 27-03-2012 01:57 AM
Last Post: robotworld