Truth or Dare?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2018, 12:16 PM
RE: Truth or Dare?
(08-03-2018 09:24 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  (Or have we not seen enough pictures of you? Laugh out load )

[Image: moar-cat.jpg]

Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze

[Image: uj9MSSa.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
08-03-2018, 12:25 PM
(08-03-2018 12:16 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(08-03-2018 09:24 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  (Or have we not seen enough pictures of you? Laugh out load )

[Image: moar-cat.jpg]

Tongue

Awwww, you guys... Heart Kiss
[+] 4 users Like Emma's post
09-03-2018, 04:01 AM
Can I take a Truth to go please ?

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
09-03-2018, 04:21 AM
(09-03-2018 04:01 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Can I take a Truth to go please ?

If you could resurrect one person, who would it be?

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 3 users Like M. Linoge's post
09-03-2018, 04:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2018 04:42 AM by OakTree500.)
(09-03-2018 04:21 AM)M. Linoge Wrote:  
(09-03-2018 04:01 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Can I take a Truth to go please ?

If you could resurrect one person, who would it be?

If we're talking full Resurrection to be a normal functioning person, with no weird Zombie overtones:

My grandfather - He died when I was very young, and he himself was only in his early 50's I believe. My recollection of him was being a fun, stereotypical "70's English man" will arm tatoo's, shaded glasses, and he had false teeth so would have a pocket knife to cut up his apples before gumming them to death Laugh out load . He was a genuine hard working man, who loved his family, and had a passion for gardening. (He once grew an onion the size of an adults head...it was awesome). He would drive home from work on his little moped bike every day for lunch, then return to work for the rest of the day. He worked at the local "Train Works" were I believe he was the 2nd of 3 generations to work there, as the town was originally built around the train lines.

My nan is still alive and has been living without him for 20+ years now, and I know my uncle/mum miss him dearly , plus [selfishly] I wish I had the experiences I missed out on. For example, he died when I was 8 I think (i honestly can't recall how old I was), but when out drinking with my uncle recently, he told me that my grandfather always wanted to take me out on my 18th birthday and buy me a pint of beer, just little things like that. I wore his watch on my wedding day, (A proper classic old gold watch), and have a ring of his on a cord I wear around my neck.

It's a weird thought in all honesty, bringing somebody back to life. My grandfather died of a heart attack, brought on from a lifetime of smoking 50+ cigarettes a day. So who's to say he wouldn't just smoke away the rest of his new life?

One of my other thoughts for this question was my favorite singer, Chris Cornell who sadly killed himself last year. If we brought him back....would he just eventually kill himself again? It's a hard question.

Anybody else have anybody they would bring back?

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
[+] 4 users Like OakTree500's post
09-03-2018, 04:58 AM
(09-03-2018 04:38 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Anybody else have anybody they would bring back?

Off the top of my head: The original Jesus Evil_monster
Let's see how many Christians remain once the man isn't a cherry-picked abstract anymore.

(There are some relatives I'd like to bring back but the circumstances of their deaths makes me skeptical as to whether they would thank me for it.)

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 3 users Like M. Linoge's post
09-03-2018, 05:45 AM
(09-03-2018 04:38 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Anybody else have anybody they would bring back?

If I brought back Henry Thoreau, he would likely hate the modern world. So that would be cruel.

Plus the problem with bringing back a great person from the too distant past would be that someone who was remarkable at one time would likely be ordinary or ill-adapted today. (However, I do think Jesus is a great answer, perhaps the best.)

So I guess I would bring back someone like John Lennon, who died too young and unjustly, and who could still get by in the modern world.
[+] 4 users Like Thoreauvian's post
09-03-2018, 07:46 AM
Truth
09-03-2018, 07:50 AM
(09-03-2018 07:46 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Truth

What is something you can never seem to finish?
09-03-2018, 08:02 AM
Friday Truths for whoever wants them: Smile Feel free to pick one, some, or all Wink

What book impacted you the most?

What is something that your friends would consider “so you”?

What do you take for granted?

What would be some of the most annoying things about having yourself as a roommate?

What’s something you are self-conscious about?

What do you want to be remembered for?

Friday Dares:

Depict a human life through interpretive dance.

Attempt to do a magic trick.

Try to juggle 2 or 3 items of the group’s choosing.

Spin an imaginary hula hoop around your waist for 3 minutes.

Compose a poem on the spot based on something the group comes up with.

Belly dance like your life depended on it.

Put 4 ice cubes down your pants.

*Credit to ConversationStartersWorld dot com.
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post