Truth or Dare?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2017, 12:56 PM
RE: Truth or Dare?
(02-11-2017 12:51 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(02-11-2017 12:20 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  It's been a while. Truth

If you could be any historical figure who would you be and why?
I would be Tolkien cause then I would be able to write fantasy book that would make my name immortal.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
02-11-2017, 01:26 PM
A twofer!

(02-11-2017 12:51 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I was going to be mean and say who on TTA would you like to beat the shit out of but I will choose something different, have you ever had a sex dream involving a member of the same sex ? Tongue Laugh out load

Yes. It's extremely rare, as legit sex dreams in general are pretty rare for me. I think I have realistic sex dreams a handful of times a year.

(02-11-2017 12:51 PM)jennybee Wrote:  If you could be any historical figure who would you be and why?

Be? As in "be them and possibly change history"?

My first thought is Constantine, because I'd make all of the Roman Empire be non-religious instead of Christian, but then, I probably wouldn't exist.

Otherwise, I'd probably pick Donald Trump or Mitch McConnell, because political shenanigans. Trump because he's theoretically got more power and a bigger voice. McConnell because there would have been a Supreme Court nomination over a year ago, although I'm not sure how much he influences how the bulk of the Senate votes.

Alternately, I could be Hitler and channel all of his Charisma into Making Germany Great Again, but without all of the racism and death. Sure, there wouldn't have been a war to jump-start things, but still.

Damn, Jenny. This one's hard. There's a big opportunity cost to only being able to pick one. I'll just say "Trump" because it's an easy answer.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
02-11-2017, 02:02 PM
(02-11-2017 01:26 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  A twofer!

(02-11-2017 12:51 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I was going to be mean and say who on TTA would you like to beat the shit out of but I will choose something different, have you ever had a sex dream involving a member of the same sex ? Tongue Laugh out load

Yes. It's extremely rare, as legit sex dreams in general are pretty rare for me. I think I have realistic sex dreams a handful of times a year.

(02-11-2017 12:51 PM)jennybee Wrote:  If you could be any historical figure who would you be and why?

Be? As in "be them and possibly change history"?

My first thought is Constantine, because I'd make all of the Roman Empire be non-religious instead of Christian, but then, I probably wouldn't exist.

Otherwise, I'd probably pick Donald Trump or Mitch McConnell, because political shenanigans. Trump because he's theoretically got more power and a bigger voice. McConnell because there would have been a Supreme Court nomination over a year ago, although I'm not sure how much he influences how the bulk of the Senate votes.

Alternately, I could be Hitler and channel all of his Charisma into Making Germany Great Again, but without all of the racism and death. Sure, there wouldn't have been a war to jump-start things, but still.

Damn, Jenny. This one's hard. There's a big opportunity cost to only being able to pick one. I'll just say "Trump" because it's an easy answer.

I like that you thought this through Tongue Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
02-11-2017, 02:28 PM
(02-11-2017 02:02 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I like that you thought this through Tongue Wink

Jenny, I take all of your truth or dare questions very seriously.

Wink
02-11-2017, 02:35 PM
(02-11-2017 02:28 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(02-11-2017 02:02 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I like that you thought this through Tongue Wink

Jenny, I take all of your truth or dare questions very seriously.

Wink

As well you should Drinking Beverage Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
02-11-2017, 03:49 PM
(25-10-2017 10:12 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-10-2017 09:51 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Truth me!

When did you screw everything up, but no one ever found out it was you?

One time at work I left the remains of my broccoli-cashew-rice something or other from a Chinese restaurant in the newsroom refrigerator. I opened it, and man, was it ripe. So, stupidly, I took it to the men's bathroom and threw it into the garbage can.

Sometime later that day, HR sent a message around that said, "There appears to be some spoiled" — not "soiled" — clothing in the men's locker room/restroom. We are going to cut off the locks and throw it away unless it is removed in the next hour."

Sure enough, they followed through, and actually chucked a friend of mine's running gear into the dumpster. He wasn't at work that day, so he couldn't even check his locker. I'm sure the clothes smelled, y'know, athletic-y, but the real problem was my rotting Chinese food over there in the trash.

I never told anyone.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
[+] 2 users Like claywise's post
03-11-2017, 07:02 AM
(02-11-2017 01:26 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

Man, I just had one (not about a guy Tongue ) last night! I need to get into the habit of having you guys ask me about this daily. That's how cause and effect work, right?

Truth
03-11-2017, 09:07 AM
(03-11-2017 07:02 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(02-11-2017 01:26 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Yes. It's extremely rare, as legit sex dreams in general are pretty rare for me. I think I have realistic sex dreams a handful of times a year.

Man, I just had one (not about a guy Tongue ) last night! I need to get into the habit of having you guys ask me about this daily. That's how cause and effect work, right?

Truth

Do you think that aliens exist?

03-11-2017, 09:43 AM
TRUTH ME

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
03-11-2017, 09:48 AM