Truth or Dare?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2017, 07:01 AM
RE: Truth or Dare?
(06-11-2017 06:51 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 06:24 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Eh, I wanted a tattoo, but didn't want one I'd regret and/or looks stupid when I'm older. At least with this, despite it actually looking a bit silly without context, I can say "My father had this designed when he was 20[ish] and I have the same one" haha.

Tattoo's are very cool, but I think people walk a fine line between having stuff that looks cool/has a meaning and something that is either cool "at the time" or totally garbage and they regret it. My dad has had a different tattoo of his covered up, which he regretted, which my mother had one of hers lasered off, as it was just really really bad hah.

I do want more, but I can never decide if I'd like it later down the line.

I just want one or two. The om on my back that I posted earlier and if I ever get married, a ring tat, but of course that would only be if my partner wanted to go that route too Tongue
Ring tattoo's are pretty cool, although I have a policy of never getting partner tattoo's, just in case lol. Plus, I might be wrong, but tattoo's on your hands fade a lot quicker I believe, although somebody might want to confirm that. I think it's something to do with the constant use of your hands and the skin shedding or something.

Re rings in particular: You can get rings now that are of little mini wrestling championship belts, and I tried very hard to convince my wife that we should get matching rings that are the tag team belt design. She said no Laugh out load

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
06-11-2017, 07:16 AM
(06-11-2017 07:01 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 06:51 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I just want one or two. The om on my back that I posted earlier and if I ever get married, a ring tat, but of course that would only be if my partner wanted to go that route too Tongue
Ring tattoo's are pretty cool, although I have a policy of never getting partner tattoo's, just in case lol. Plus, I might be wrong, but tattoo's on your hands fade a lot quicker I believe, although somebody might want to confirm that. I think it's something to do with the constant use of your hands and the skin shedding or something.

Re rings in particular: You can get rings now that are of little mini wrestling championship belts, and I tried very hard to convince my wife that we should get matching rings that are the tag team belt design. She said no Laugh out load

I hear you about the partner's name or wedding band tat thing, but it's so small, I would just get it removed if it didnt work out or covered up. Or get something that was nondescript like the ring pop tat I posted in the candy thread Tongue It's something I would keep even in the event of a divorce since it reminds me of my childhood.

I had an ex boyfriend who was really into tats and I mean covered. He got my name tattooed on his neck...and obviously we are no longer together so I'm sure he's since covered it up.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-11-2017, 07:19 AM
Also the wrestling belts would have been cool Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
06-11-2017, 07:31 AM
Truth
06-11-2017, 07:46 AM
(06-11-2017 07:31 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Truth

What career would you choose other than the one you are in?

06-11-2017, 08:07 AM
(06-11-2017 07:16 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I had an ex boyfriend who was really into tats and I mean covered. He got my name tattooed on his neck...and obviously we are no longer together so I'm sure he's since covered it up.
Yeah I've had friends and relatives do pretty much just that, have a name tattooed on them only for it to not work out, so it's not the best idea. However, I'm all for imagery or something that may have a double meaning, IE reminds you of a person yet is fine to have on its own, in the event of something happening. But you can always have these things covered now.

(06-11-2017 07:19 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Also the wrestling belts would have been cool Wink
And yes, yes it would have Laugh out load

Anyways, TRUTH ME

[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
06-11-2017, 08:21 AM
(06-11-2017 08:07 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 07:16 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I had an ex boyfriend who was really into tats and I mean covered. He got my name tattooed on his neck...and obviously we are no longer together so I'm sure he's since covered it up.
Yeah I've had friends and relatives do pretty much just that, have a name tattooed on them only for it to not work out, so it's not the best idea. However, I'm all for imagery or something that may have a double meaning, IE reminds you of a person yet is fine to have on its own, in the event of something happening. But you can always have these things covered now.

(06-11-2017 07:19 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Also the wrestling belts would have been cool Wink
And yes, yes it would have Laugh out load

Anyways, TRUTH ME

If you had to pick one thing you enjoy that you had to do without for the rest of your life, what would it be?

06-11-2017, 08:32 AM
(06-11-2017 08:21 AM)jennybee Wrote:  If you had to pick one thing you enjoy that you had to do without for the rest of your life, what would it be?
That's a tough one!

I like wrestling too much to give that up, so maybe comic book movies? I enjoy them a whole lot and am on the hype train for most things marvel/DC related, but compared to the enjoyment I get out of Pro Wrestling (which is too much for a grown up I expect lol) it's not the same, so that'd have to go.

Although it could wait until after Justice League and the next 2 Avengers movies wrap up though Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
06-11-2017, 08:45 AM
(06-11-2017 07:46 AM)jennybee Wrote:  What career would you choose other than the one you are in?

Assuming I could get into it and make a living, probably game design. Particularly RPGs.

You?
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
06-11-2017, 09:36 AM
(06-11-2017 08:45 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 07:46 AM)jennybee Wrote:  What career would you choose other than the one you are in?

Assuming I could get into it and make a living, probably game design. Particularly RPGs.

You?

I'm doing it: yoga instructor. I left my old career as a gerontologist to pursue it Tongue

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post