Try and prove me wrong on this...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2014, 02:51 PM
RE: Try and prove me wrong on this...
(04-08-2014 02:07 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 01:52 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I'm going to say that the pleasure I get in my life is more fulfilling than the pleasure you get in your life.
The pleasure in your life is more than likely from one source. That source being you.
Since your own emotional well-being is your primary concern, it becomes less likely that you will expand your mental well-being to include the happiness of others.

For me, seeing other people happy, adds to my own pleasure. So, not only do I have my own pleasure that I'm experiencing, but I have the added pleasure of being happy for others. When I help others, the act of helping, the act of striving to do something I wouldn't normally do also expands my mental well-being. It does so by giving me the confidence that what I set out to do can be accomplished.

Let's compare you sitting on a chair in a room devoid of any other people. You are as content with life and maximizing your pleasure as you possibly can be.

I am in bed with two women while strippers dance around on poles. I have a Guinness in my hand with my favorite music playing while one of the women feeds me a pulled pork BBQ sandwich and the other is helping me to enjoy the rest of my time.
I am helping the two women and the pole dancers to become better at their given profession. This brings me added joy to my well-being to know that my contribution to their college careers is money well spent.

I win. You lose. I prove that my life of helping others and caring for the well-being of others can offer a person MORE pleasure than I could ever obtain by myself.
I'm not saying that pleasure you obtain regarding yourself is superior to pleasure obtained from helping and caring for others. My argument was against helping others being superior to pleasure in general and any form of pleasure whether it be pleasure in helping others or pleasure regarding anything in life.

I don't think your sentences make sense

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
04-08-2014, 03:23 PM
Re: Try and prove me wrong on this...
How often does a new thread of yours saying the same premise in a different pattern need to be created? It's trolling and prevents you from achieving aid if you actually do seek it.

What are some of the dearest things you value? What is your highest valued concept? Is it your self pleasure? Then go ahead and accept it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
04-08-2014, 03:30 PM
(04-08-2014 02:07 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 01:52 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I'm going to say that the pleasure I get in my life is more fulfilling than the pleasure you get in your life.
The pleasure in your life is more than likely from one source. That source being you.
Since your own emotional well-being is your primary concern, it becomes less likely that you will expand your mental well-being to include the happiness of others.

For me, seeing other people happy, adds to my own pleasure. So, not only do I have my own pleasure that I'm experiencing, but I have the added pleasure of being happy for others. When I help others, the act of helping, the act of striving to do something I wouldn't normally do also expands my mental well-being. It does so by giving me the confidence that what I set out to do can be accomplished.

Let's compare you sitting on a chair in a room devoid of any other people. You are as content with life and maximizing your pleasure as you possibly can be.

I am in bed with two women while strippers dance around on poles. I have a Guinness in my hand with my favorite music playing while one of the women feeds me a pulled pork BBQ sandwich and the other is helping me to enjoy the rest of my time.
I am helping the two women and the pole dancers to become better at their given profession. This brings me added joy to my well-being to know that my contribution to their college careers is money well spent.

I win. You lose. I prove that my life of helping others and caring for the well-being of others can offer a person MORE pleasure than I could ever obtain by myself.
I'm not saying that pleasure you obtain regarding yourself is superior to pleasure obtained from helping and caring for others. My argument was against helping others being superior to pleasure in general and any form of pleasure whether it be pleasure in helping others or pleasure regarding anything in life.

Never in my life have I read a more bewildering string of non-sequiturs.
Get help.

ASAP

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
04-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Ahhh, but you can't enter the portal by your own decision. You can only be pushed in by other people or fall in accidentally. Also you lose all free will after entry and have to worship SkyGod™. We are talking about heaven here, right?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
04-08-2014, 06:55 PM
People who have such low value towards pleasure are people I wouldn't even consider human. Although these people still have pleasure, in a sense, they are mere robots since they have no value whatsoever towards pleasure and don't care about it (so it's like they don't even have this emotion in the first place in a sense). A real emotionally sensitive human being (such as myself) would have great value towards pleasure. You might be thinking that me wanting to kill people who have such low value towards pleasure makes me the insensitive robot, but actually, it shows that I am that much more human and sensitive than these people.
04-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Troll...this same post is at AF.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
04-08-2014, 07:04 PM
Well I've seen the word "pleasure" far too many times for the day.
04-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Quote:I am a person who views my own emotional well-being as something very important and for people who have opinions such as that it is not and that I should totally disregard it for the sake of helping others and such (even helping others with very minor things in life), these are the types of people I hate and I wish to argue with these people in order to try to get through to them how I am right and how they're wrong.

"At the core of extreme narcissism is egotistical preoccupation with self, personal preferences, aspirations, needs, success, and how he/she is perceived by others.

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/20...arcissist/

Quote:If, let's pretend, there were a portal right there in front of me right now that would lead me to a life of perfection and eternal joy and I had the choice to either go into that portal or instead remain here on Earth and suffer with depression and such and help other people, I would go into that portal.

I believe you've already entered the portal:
[Image: head-up-ass.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes avalon's post
04-08-2014, 07:10 PM
Re: RE: Try and prove me wrong on this...
(04-08-2014 06:55 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  People who have such low value towards pleasure are people I wouldn't even consider human. Although these people still have pleasure, in a sense, they are mere robots since they have no value whatsoever towards pleasure and don't care about it (so it's like they don't even have this emotion in the first place in a sense). A real emotionally sensitive human being (such as myself) would have great value towards pleasure. You might be thinking that me wanting to kill people who have such low value towards pleasure makes me the insensitive robot, but actually, it shows that I am that much more human and sensitive than these people.

All this says is... I defined a way I see human ands robotic beings.

Okay, good for you. That doesn't mean anything. People view things differently fairyboy. Do you wish people to care about your views or are you enthralled by stating them so you do?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
05-08-2014, 04:32 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2014 06:53 AM by Mozart Link.)
Since when I die, I will go nowhere in the end and there is no God or afterlife of eternal joy, then maybe I shouldn't feel so bad and have such value towards pleasure and life itself since obviously none of these things have value anyway. Because if they were something special with value, it would all have an afterlife of eternal joy and a God granted for these things in the end. So maybe instead, I should just not care about anything and end my life since I have severe anhedonia which makes my life that much more meaningless and not worth living to me.

I seek ultimate power and status and such just like a powerful anime villan. If I can't obtain these things (obviously life has completely prevented me from obtaining these things by not only giving me anhedonia and taking away my one and only source of true power and such which would be pleasure, but also has denied me the other as well which would be an afterlife and a God in the end), then life is nothing to me and I might as well just end it. I have to admit, I admired my attitude of seeking ultimate status and power and such through those things, but at this point, none of these things can be obtained and my attitude and life no longer matters.

Now it's like I said, my severe anhedonia is a chronic condition that is there all the time 24/7 and there is no way to bring myself any amount of pleasure whatsoever whether it be through helping others or doing anything else in life. Even medication and such does not help at all.

Without pleasure, then nothing in life matters to me including helping others and I might as well just end my life at this point. If I did have pleasure, then these things would matter to me.