Trying it from the other side
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2012, 07:39 PM
RE: Trying it from the other side
I am sorry, I didn't answer here, yet. First I was busy with work, and then the pet discussion sucked me in. I will answer your post first thing tomorrow after work.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-12-2012, 07:51 PM
(28-12-2012 07:39 PM)Leela Wrote:  I am sorry, I didn't answer here, yet. First I was busy with work, and then the pet discussion sucked me in. I will answer your post first thing tomorrow after work.
Take your time. Sleepy

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
29-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Actually I started a new answer (half a novel) and I put some definitions and stuff like that in. But I am not sure how much sense it makes to continue.
Point is I am completely not behind the shit I am stating. Also the arguments suck. I do not feel like I can understand christians better, it just drives me away from them even more. I know all their arguments and I know how to crush them. I have no better or new arguments from the christian side which alone speaks for itself.
I can start quoting the bible and Christian books, I can find some shit in history but nothing that proves anything.

I am happy that I am not really believing in that stuff, because otherwise I'd be very frustrated right now Big Grin

Anyway Vosur, you do have a good approach, I have only one critic point.
Your choice of words when it comes to "empirical evidence".
Empirical evidence includes experience as per definition (at least in the wiktionary). So probably a better choice, would be "scientific proof" as there is no way to wiggle your way out of by playing with definitions.
See:
Evidence - Hinweis, Anzeichen, Anhaltspunkt, Aussage
Proof - Beweis, Beleg, Nachweis

You ok with calling this off?

cheers

29-12-2012, 10:42 AM
(29-12-2012 10:13 AM)Leela Wrote:  Actually I started a new answer (half a novel) and I put some definitions and stuff like that in. But I am not sure how much sense it makes to continue.
Point is I am completely not behind the shit I am stating. Also the arguments suck. I do not feel like I can understand christians better, it just drives me away from them even more. I know all their arguments and I know how to crush them. I have no better or new arguments from the christian side which alone speaks for itself.
I can start quoting the bible and Christian books, I can find some shit in history but nothing that proves anything.

I am happy that I am not really believing in that stuff, because otherwise I'd be very frustrated right now Big Grin

Anyway Vosur, you do have a good approach, I have only one critic point.
Your choice of words when it comes to "empirical evidence".
Empirical evidence includes experience as per definition (at least in the wiktionary). So probably a better choice, would be "scientific proof" as there is no way to wiggle your way out of by playing with definitions.
See:
Evidence - Hinweis, Anzeichen, Anhaltspunkt, Aussage
Proof - Beweis, Beleg, Nachweis
That's a valid point of criticism indeed. I stand corrected.

(29-12-2012 10:13 AM)Leela Wrote:  You ok with calling this off?

cheers
Wenn das Fräulein es sich so wünscht - sicher doch. [Image: gentleman.gif]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
29-12-2012, 11:53 AM
So denn, der Herr
[Image: stempel-prinzessin-knicks-maedchen.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
29-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Lol Erxomai.
29-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Trying it from the other side
I declare one of the Germans the winner and the Irishman a freak.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Thread Closed