Trying new things to make my face beautiful, coconut oil, aloe vera

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2016, 08:13 PM
So, I'm a guy, but I don't care! I want glowing, radiant skin on my face, so I can look pretty! I have been using a combination of baking soda and coconut oil on my face, but I have been thinking of also trying aloe vera gell, straight from the leaf that you can buy at whole foods. I'm not sure whether I should like, cut the baking soda, go back and forth between coconut oil and aloe, switching every week. I'm in the dark on this issue, but at least I'm trying. Help me please!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: Trying new things to make my face beautiful, coconut oil, aloe vera
Just grow a beard and cover up the ugly. That's what I do.
[+] 5 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
25-04-2016, 09:21 PM
I tried pure aloe vera gel on my lower chin and neck after shaving up to my beard one day, and it stung like crazy after a couple of minutes. Which saw me washing it off ASAP with warm water.

I use this stuff now after shaving, or on skin rashes or dryness: DermaVeen. It's probably only available in Australia, but there's sure to be an equivalent product in the US or Europe.

"DermaVeen is not only free from common irritants, it is formulated with a natural ingredient - Colloidal Oatmeal, clinically proven to offer a host of benefits to maintain healthy skin. 100% natural, finely milled oat grains act as a superfood for skin to hydrate, fight dryness, relieve itch & irritation, soothe, soften and moisturise - proactively caring for your skin".

Having said that, I can't really see the need for a bloke to worry about playing around with all this sort of stuff in the hopes of looking any better in the long run. In Australia, there seems to be a not-so-subtle advertising campaign running with the big cosmetic companies doing their best to convince (younger?) blokes they need facial treatments. Most dermatologists reckon the only truly scientific way to "nourish" your skin is from the inside out—that externally applied lotions and potions are all overpriced bullshit.

I know lots of women regularly slop five layers of crap on their faces every day; skin conditioner-concealer-BB cream-foundation-powder, plus maybe a contourer plus a highlighter. And don't forget the lipliner-lipstick-lipgloss combo!

Then at night another three layers; makeup remover-exfolient-conditioner.

[Image: good-how-to-apply-makeup-for-beginners-1...-x-381.jpg]

Gasp

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
06-05-2016, 05:23 PM
Hi mittens deluxe

My husband has a rather sensitive skin and shaves every day. He uses Gentleman's Pride by Forever.

Gentleman’s Pride is an alcohol-free aftershave balm that helps to soothe and condition sensitive skin after shaving.

It has aloe Vera gel in which is very soothing.

He (and I !) is very pleased with it. His face a soft all day long and glowing.

Also We both (and our little son) use aloe hand and face soap which is very gentle and moisturising.

I am a forever business owner and if you are interested you can get them through me.

I hoe that helps.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06-05-2016, 06:35 PM
All I need to make my face beautiful is a new face! Lol
06-05-2016, 06:45 PM
(25-04-2016 08:23 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Just grow a beard and cover up the ugly. That's what I do.

That's kinda like our only option.

#sigh
06-05-2016, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2016 06:54 PM by GirlyMan.)
(06-05-2016 06:35 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  All I need to make my face beautiful is a new face! Lol

You underestimate your beauty furry feet.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-05-2016, 06:53 PM
Relax.

You're young.

You're probably already as good looking as you'll ever get.

Later on, you'll pick up skills that work to get you laid -- even if you don't look quite as good anymore.

Life is too fucking short, to worry about looking as good as some Hollywood type.......

Take a shower - wear clean duds -- and develop a good attitude.

That goes farther in life than any cosmetic or notion that comes in a bottle................

Riding a really sweet bike that you built yourself used to work too....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
06-05-2016, 06:59 PM
(06-05-2016 06:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 06:35 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  All I need to make my face beautiful is a new face! Lol

You underestimate your beauty furry feet.

Agreed. She's gorgeous.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
06-05-2016, 07:06 PM
Dawh. Thanks guys! Your bribes are in the mail.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post