Trying to find a movie...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2017, 09:46 AM
Trying to find a movie...
Apologies for starting a random thread, but I'm trying to look for a movie, but for the life of me can't remember what it's called.

Some minor notes: released some time ranging in the mid 90's to late 90's, not sure if it was super popular, and it basically a little bit of a Matrix knock off I think.

If I can remember the story roughly:

A guy in modern day, going through the motions of life (work/family etc) when he's starting to think certain things aren't "right" about what he see's. Various celebrities are alive, when in the real world they would be dead (Kurt Cobain for example) and just really minor things like that. This leads him to find the world as he knows it is a VR type projection, which is projected over what is "really" there, which is just like a apocalyptic world, and it's being done by some sort of third party for unknown reasons.

The ending see's him find out that this post apocalyptic world is ALSO a VR projection, and everything is basically "fine", people live as they normally would except instead of say clothes/items, everything is just like beige with a bar-code on it, which is how the VR programs pick up what item it is, and those still under the influence of the various VR programs are non the wiser. For example the ending see's a marching band walking down the street playing, and when he snaps out of this VR program, it's just people in these beige suits and they are all holding cardboard instrument shaped items, and they all have a barcode on them.

The second VR program of the post apocalyptic world is explained to have been made for those who just can't cope with the initial one, and is meant to keep them mentally occupied.

So yeah, sounds totally nuts, and I would not be surprised if it was a TV movie or even direct to DVD garbage, but I just really want ot know what its called Laugh out load

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2017, 10:14 AM
RE: Trying to find a movie...
(17-07-2017 09:46 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Apologies for starting a random thread, but I'm trying to look for a movie, but for the life of me can't remember what it's called.

Some minor notes: released some time ranging in the mid 90's to late 90's, not sure if it was super popular, and it basically a little bit of a Matrix knock off I think.

If I can remember the story roughly:

A guy in modern day, going through the motions of life (work/family etc) when he's starting to think certain things aren't "right" about what he see's. Various celebrities are alive, when in the real world they would be dead (Kurt Cobain for example) and just really minor things like that. This leads him to find the world as he knows it is a VR type projection, which is projected over what is "really" there, which is just like a apocalyptic world, and it's being done by some sort of third party for unknown reasons.

The ending see's him find out that this post apocalyptic world is ALSO a VR projection, and everything is basically "fine", people live as they normally would except instead of say clothes/items, everything is just like beige with a bar-code on it, which is how the VR programs pick up what item it is, and those still under the influence of the various VR programs are non the wiser. For example the ending see's a marching band walking down the street playing, and when he snaps out of this VR program, it's just people in these beige suits and they are all holding cardboard instrument shaped items, and they all have a barcode on them.

The second VR program of the post apocalyptic world is explained to have been made for those who just can't cope with the initial one, and is meant to keep them mentally occupied.

So yeah, sounds totally nuts, and I would not be surprised if it was a TV movie or even direct to DVD garbage, but I just really want ot know what its called Laugh out load

Sounds like Mindwarp

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
17-07-2017, 10:19 AM
Nooo that's not it Sad Will keep looking though!

17-07-2017, 03:55 PM
How frustrating. A movie I haven't seen!

Closest match l can think of is The Thirteenth Floor.

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
17-07-2017, 06:55 PM
Oooh, The Thirteenth Floor is a good one, but not the right one, I am thinking.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
18-07-2017, 12:11 AM
Hmmmm.....

Virtual Nightmare?

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 2 users Like M. Linoge's post
18-07-2017, 02:58 AM
(18-07-2017 12:11 AM)M. Linoge Wrote:  Hmmmm.....

Virtual Nightmare?

THATS IT! Thank YOU very much Smile

Bloody hell it's been melting my brain for ages about which movie that was lol. I knew it'd end up being a TV movie as well lol.

18-07-2017, 04:18 AM
(18-07-2017 02:58 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 12:11 AM)M. Linoge Wrote:  Hmmmm.....

Virtual Nightmare?

THATS IT! Thank YOU very much Smile

Bloody hell it's been melting my brain for ages about which movie that was lol. I knew it'd end up being a TV movie as well lol.

> I'm amazed! With all the movies that I watch, I've never heard of that one. Blink
18-07-2017, 04:34 AM
I havent seen it in years but it popped into my head recently. It's a TV movie, so don't get your hopes up, but it's way better than you probably think it should be lol.

I might have to watch it again now haha.

18-07-2017, 04:42 AM
I liked it. For a tv movie it's good. Keeps you guessing right up until the end.

[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post