Trying to get a vasectomy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: Trying to get a vasectomy
I don't know, it sounds like you've thought this through and have come to a decision that's best for you.

Sure things may change in the future, but aren't vasectomies a lot easier to reverse than having your tubes tied?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
23-04-2015, 05:55 PM
(23-04-2015 05:50 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I don't know, it sounds like you've thought this through and have come to a decision that's best for you.

Sure things may change in the future, but aren't vasectomies a lot easier to reverse than having your tubes tied?

It's not easy but possible -- depends on the method used.

Krispy, I wish you luck. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

23-04-2015, 05:56 PM
(23-04-2015 05:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 05:50 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I don't know, it sounds like you've thought this through and have come to a decision that's best for you.

It's not easy but possible -- depends on the method used.

Krispy, I wish you luck. Smile

Thank you. I appreciate it. Big Grin
23-04-2015, 06:11 PM
Any thoughts about using a sperm bank to store some in case you do decide you want your own sometime in the future?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
23-04-2015, 06:24 PM
(23-04-2015 06:11 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Any thoughts about using a sperm bank to store some in case you do decide you want your own sometime in the future?

Oooh yeah, this! Might make your doctors feel better too, not that it's really any of their business anyway.
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
23-04-2015, 10:57 PM
Man this actually has me concerned. I want a vasectomy, I'm 29. I am gonna be effing pissed if they won't give it to me because of my age.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
23-04-2015, 11:24 PM
I am with you 100%.

I've wanted a hysterectomy since I was 18 (I'm 25 now). I haven't changed my mind about having kids yet, and if I do, my partner and I can adopt. I'm for adoption for the same reasons as you. Why bring another kid into the world when there are already starving, unwanted children who could use a good home? Being a biological parent is not important to me. I am fine with having "a child of my heart, not of my womb," if I even have children at all! Seriously, I have thought about this for SEVEN YEARS. I think that's enough time to say I can make my own fucking decision.

/rant

You go right ahead, man. Get that vasectomy.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
23-04-2015, 11:59 PM
OP - There are plenty of urologists that will give you a vasectomy. Most will. Stress your wife's health and that you understand it's safer to have your vas snipped.

Logisch - you might get questioned about it being single sans kiddos (at least, that's the impression I have about you?), but you should still be able to find one to do the procedure.

And colourcraze, there are gyns that will give you a hysterectomy (although I'm not sure why you wouldn't want a tubal? Must be more to the story...not my business)

When we went, the doc said "you have only one kid? You don't want anymore? Ok"

Full disclosure:
I have so much guilt over this. It's probably the one thing I feel most guilty about in my life. And he blames me for it, despite me giving him plenty of opportunities to back out.

Yes it can be reversed...but I saw what was snipped and stapled and...I dunno...don't bank on things being reversed in the event you change your mind.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
24-04-2015, 12:26 AM
Re: Trying to get a vasectomy
I knew I wanted a tubal ligation before I was an adult. I didn't want to pass on problems that run in my family, and I just did not want an infant. I planned to adopt if I ever got to that point in my life.

Sometimes, young and fairly inexperienced folks do have the ability to make intelligent and well-informed decisions. Have you thought this through and looked at all possible angles? If so, do what you feel is best. It's your life.

On the other hand, minds and lives do change. If you do choose to have the procedure, stocking up a sperm bank is a great idea. It never hurts to have a fall back plan.

Edit: as already stated, you can always get a second (or third) opinion if needed.
[+] 1 user Likes mecanna's post
24-04-2015, 12:43 AM
(23-04-2015 04:18 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  " Well you know 60% of military marriages don't work right? Who's to say you won't end up someone different who can safely have kids?"
I think it was great that your doctor pointed that out.
Of course its your decision, but you are young and don't have the perspective of an older person.
I'm an older person, and I can understand the idea that you may not be married to your current wife forever and that you might find another lady that wants to have a kid with you.

I understand that you may feel your marriage is forever and that your decision is solid and you are willing to stand by it forever.

But situations do change and people's perspectives do change.

What you are doing might be irreversible.

Certainly people don't have to procreate, I absolutely respect that. And certainly its your own choice whether you want to or not.

Just offering my 2c regarding the fact that many people change their minds over the years and that situations change.

Let's say for example that there is a tragic car accident and your wife dies tomorrow. Then you find yourself as a young single male and your inability to procreate may make it hard for you to find a new wife.

Anyways its your choice obviously.
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post