Trying to get a vasectomy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2015, 12:47 AM
RE: Trying to get a vasectomy
I kind of want to see how the explanation for this would work if you decided against it.

"Hey, honey, I didn't get that vasectomy. Turns out we're probably going to get divorced anyway, so I shouldn't act like I have a wife who can't have kids."

" Sadcryface "

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
24-04-2015, 12:50 AM
(24-04-2015 12:47 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I kind of want to see how the explanation for this would work if you decided against it.

"Hey, honey, I didn't get that vasectomy. Turns out we're probably going to get divorced anyway, so I shouldn't act like I have a wife who can't have kids."

" Sadcryface "
It's probably a difficult conversation, as difficult as asking someone to sign a pre-nup.
24-04-2015, 02:25 AM
(23-04-2015 05:46 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  I guess I should also point out that I personally don't want kids of my "own" if you will because of a moral stance. Like I mentioned before adoption would be the only way I would be a parent. Why bring another person into this overpopulated world when there are already plenty of people that need that support that don't have it. I see it as selfish to do otherwise given the current state of the world(selfish for myself not judging anyone who has kids or wants them). So it's not just the medical reasons its also my stance on it.

I just feel that every time I bring this up everyone gives me the bs age issue. I'm 23 and have been in a lot of positions of responsibility OVER people almost twice my age. I've also had it the other way around. I think people are too quick to equate youthfulness with lack of experience in making sound judgments. Young people are smart enough to make educated decisions just as well as older people are just as likely to make dumb ones.

Regardless of if our marriage works out, it's something that I've wanted to do and something me and my wife have been discussing since before we were married. So that is an non-issue with me. If it turns out someone I'm with(hypothetically) after my wife and they don't like it I'll deal with it. I'm a big boy. Thumbsup

You need to understand that everyone who mentions your age does not do it to point out how immature you are or how incapable of making sound judgments. We're not calling you stupid. We are simply telling you that people change.

How can you be 100% sure you will never want to have kids of your own?

I know I'm not. I don't want to have kids ever, but that might change, so I don't make such decisions so early, not because I'm young, inexperienced and immature, but because I can't possibly be sure I will never ever change my mind.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
24-04-2015, 02:36 PM
(23-04-2015 11:24 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I am with you 100%.

I've wanted a hysterectomy since I was 18 (I'm 25 now). I haven't changed my mind about having kids yet, and if I do, my partner and I can adopt. I'm for adoption for the same reasons as you. Why bring another kid into the world when there are already starving, unwanted children who could use a good home? Being a biological parent is not important to me. I am fine with having "a child of my heart, not of my womb," if I even have children at all! Seriously, I have thought about this for SEVEN YEARS. I think that's enough time to say I can make my own fucking decision.

/rant

You go right ahead, man. Get that vasectomy.

I shall good sir. I shall.
24-04-2015, 02:55 PM
Please forgive the slight tangent here, but I have to share this story...
My doctor somehow managed to snip and tie something other than the vas on one side. So, after a few weeks, I had to go back and have one side re-done. I came down with the flu about 2 days after the second procedure. I was not a happy camper.

Not saying you shouldn't do it. But, if you do, jeezus might give you the flu.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
24-04-2015, 02:57 PM
(24-04-2015 12:50 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 12:47 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I kind of want to see how the explanation for this would work if you decided against it.

" Sadcryface "
It's probably a difficult conversation, as difficult as asking someone to sign a pre-nup.
Funny you mentioned pre-nup. We have a pretty lock tight one. It also has a clause stating we have to do s post nup every 5 years in case of an increase of assets. Was a very calm conversation that I brought up and she was all for it.
24-04-2015, 03:01 PM
(23-04-2015 05:46 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  I guess I should also point out that I personally don't want kids of my "own" if you will because of a moral stance. Like I mentioned before adoption would be the only way I would be a parent. Why bring another person into this overpopulated world when there are already plenty of people that need that support that don't have it. I see it as selfish to do otherwise given the current state of the world(selfish for myself not judging anyone who has kids or wants them). So it's not just the medical reasons its also my stance on it.

I just feel that every time I bring this up everyone gives me the bs age issue. I'm 23 and have been in a lot of positions of responsibility OVER people almost twice my age. I've also had it the other way around. I think people are too quick to equate youthfulness with lack of experience in making sound judgments. Young people are smart enough to make educated decisions just as well as older people are just as likely to make dumb ones.

Regardless of if our marriage works out, it's something that I've wanted to do and something me and my wife have been discussing since before we were married. So that is an non-issue with me. If it turns out someone I'm with(hypothetically) after my wife and they don't like it I'll deal with it. I'm a big boy. Thumbsup

Let me tell you that I am 25 and I have three children, three, but last year when I tried to get my tubes tied I couldn't find a single doctor who was interested. "You're only 24" "what if you get remarried and your new husband wants kids?" It's infuriating, honestly. I got a tattoo when I was 17 and no one lectured me about how I might change my mind or how my soon to be husband would hate it. I like tattoo artists better than doctors Laugh out load

You are an adult. If you change your mind in the future, that's you're problem and no one will have to deal with the consequences except you. Sorry you have to go through this. Hope you get your vasectomy hassle free.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
24-04-2015, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2015 03:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
If you wait a couple of years, Vaselgel looks like it's much easier to reverse. Put some gel in your vas deferens and then just flush it out if you change your mind later.

#sigh
24-04-2015, 03:48 PM
(24-04-2015 03:01 PM)Losty Wrote:  

Let me tell you that I am 25 and I have three children, three, but last year when I tried to get my tubes tied I couldn't find a single doctor who was interested. "You're only 24" "what if you get remarried and your new husband wants kids?" It's infuriating, honestly. I got a tattoo when I was 17 and no one lectured me about how I might change my mind or how my soon to be husband would hate it. I like tattoo artists better than doctors Laugh out load

You are an adult. If you change your mind in the future, that's you're problem and no one will have to deal with the consequences except you. Sorry you have to go through this. Hope you get your vasectomy hassle free.
I just used the exact same argument. And you're right it's my problem and no one will have to deal with the consequences but me.
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post
24-04-2015, 04:22 PM

^^^ that right there, say that to the doc. They will know you thought this through. Your "current" wife (I say that in jest Smile ) and her medical condition is one reason, but what you wrote above also means that you have thought about it and arent taking the decision lightly....ultimately, I think that is all the doctor is trying to figure out.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post