Trying to keep my head above water...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2017, 03:20 AM
RE: Trying to keep my head above water...
(31-01-2017 08:50 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Not gonna lie, has not been a great day. Good on Rev for trying to keep me from sinking totally. I feel sometimes I don't deserve him. I don't know how he manages to stay steady and calm through all this. He just takes a more practical approach than I do, I suppose. I'm like a fucking rollercoaster sometimes. I feel like I'm going to pieces at times these days. Undecided

Wanted to write tonight but then it just didn't happen. It'd probably help to ease my stress a bit, but my inner editor isn't having it. Every thought in my head that I might put to paper is critiqued and destroyed before I can even put ink to page. Sad

Escape Artist,

This is what I did. No newspapers, no live TV, no web news surfing, for two months after the election. Then, dropping in again it looks like a total mess, but not my mess any more. So I find other things to occupy my mind and that feels good.

The other night a guy in the pub started up the 'immigrant hate' crap and I just said "I don't do politics" - he shut up. It was a lovely moment for me.

OK, we may be headed for WW3 and the loons 'rapture' dream - all that, but I am going to do my own thing. In a way, I am an Escape Artist!

I hope this helps a little bit.

Warmest thoughts,

D.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
02-02-2017, 03:53 AM
(30-01-2017 01:26 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  1: Those pricks are still here, right???? They must be, because they elected the buffoon into office.

2: History shows that it will.

1. True that.

2. To which history do you refer?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
02-02-2017, 04:21 AM
(02-02-2017 03:20 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  
(31-01-2017 08:50 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Not gonna lie, has not been a great day. Good on Rev for trying to keep me from sinking totally. I feel sometimes I don't deserve him. I don't know how he manages to stay steady and calm through all this. He just takes a more practical approach than I do, I suppose. I'm like a fucking rollercoaster sometimes. I feel like I'm going to pieces at times these days. Undecided

Wanted to write tonight but then it just didn't happen. It'd probably help to ease my stress a bit, but my inner editor isn't having it. Every thought in my head that I might put to paper is critiqued and destroyed before I can even put ink to page. Sad

Escape Artist,

This is what I did. No newspapers, no live TV, no web news surfing, for two months after the election. Then, dropping in again it looks like a total mess, but not my mess any more. So I find other things to occupy my mind and that feels good.

The other night a guy in the pub started up the 'immigrant hate' crap and I just said "I don't do politics" - he shut up. It was a lovely moment for me.

OK, we may be headed for WW3 and the loons 'rapture' dream - all that, but I am going to do my own thing. In a way, I am an Escape Artist!

I hope this helps a little bit.

Warmest thoughts,

D.

Great post D, however as bad as Trump is he will not I think lead us into a third world war, Trump does stuff that benefits him he's completely ego centric a third world war would basically wipe out all his wealth and the majority of the slathering masses who voted for him and who massage his narcissistic ego. Is the chance of a war with him as president more likely? Marginally yes because he has no political experience and is not a good diplomat, but I do not believe this is the massive risk many say it is. The far greater risk from him is the potential to cause huge civil unrest within the USA itself.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
02-02-2017, 05:05 AM
(02-02-2017 04:21 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Great post D, however as bad as Trump is he will not I think lead us into a third world war.

Famous last words. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
02-02-2017, 05:23 AM
(02-02-2017 05:05 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 04:21 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Great post D, however as bad as Trump is he will not I think lead us into a third world war.

Famous last words. Big Grin

True mate, very true, if the bomb does drop, I want to be drunk out of my mind and straight underneath it when it happens, which is likely as I live near a major UK airport.Wink
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
02-02-2017, 05:28 AM
(02-02-2017 05:23 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I want to be drunk out of my mind and straight underneath it when it happens, which is likely as I live near a major UK airport.Wink

Underneath whom???

I like this one.

[Image: keira-knightley-62.jpg]

Banjo.
02-02-2017, 05:42 AM
(02-02-2017 05:28 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 05:23 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I want to be drunk out of my mind and straight underneath it when it happens, which is likely as I live near a major UK airport.Wink

Underneath whom???

I like this one.

[Image: keira-knightley-62.jpg]

That will do nicely but the Aussie girl who does the hotel travago adverts in the UK is my first choice, mmmm Big Grin
02-02-2017, 06:12 AM
(02-02-2017 04:21 AM)adey67 Wrote:  ...as bad as Trump is he will not I think lead us into a third world war...

I wish I was as optimistic as you, adey67, but alas, the evidence doesn't look good. DJT is so erratic, thin-skinned, weak and spineless that I have little doubt that it wouldn't take much for him to reach for the nuclear football, just to prove to himself that he's Big Man On Campus.

I do take your point that launching a nuclear strike would harm his business interests, but in the midst of his unfocused, impotent pique he just might unleash the nukes because his oh-so-sensitive ego got bruised.

My hope is that clear thinkers around him might be able to stand up to, derail, or at least distract, him (SQUIRREL!!). But they didn't show any backbone when he wrote out a cluster of badly-drafted executive commands and fired those who actually wanted to get professional legal opinions before enacting questionable orders.

Now I see that DJT is in the business of legislating morality. You can't make this sh!t up:

Trump reportedly planning executive order declaring pre-marital sex, same-sex marriage and abortion to be wrong

They guy is just not a rational human being.
02-02-2017, 06:25 AM
Great post Heath and I take your point, It does look like he is more of a risk to world peace than I thought, however I still maintain that the greatest risk from Trump is the damage and division he is causing domestically, mind you having said that its certainly quite possible that those actions and consequences thereof could destabilize the global situation and balance of power to the detriment of peace, its rather depressing really, we just have to wait and see I guess.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
02-02-2017, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2017 06:37 AM by Dworkin.)
(02-02-2017 04:21 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Great post D, however as bad as Trump is he will not I think lead us into a third world war, Trump does stuff that benefits him he's completely ego centric a third world war would basically wipe out all his wealth and the majority of the slathering masses who voted for him and who massage his narcissistic ego. Is the chance of a war with him as president more likely? Marginally yes because he has no political experience and is not a good diplomat, but I do not believe this is the massive risk many say it is. The far greater risk from him is the potential to cause huge civil unrest within the USA itself.

adey,

Your last line is the kicker. Who would benefit from "huge civil unrest within the USA?"

Well, if it happens, Osama bin Laden will not be here to see his personal victory, but the many sharks are circling. Of course Putin will have Xmas and birthdays all at once if NATO is weakened by Trump's admin, but there are plenty more out there that want to see the US doctored. Historically, US isolationism has been the path to world war, as it leaves an 'open goal' (to use a soccer metaphor) for smaller but powerful aggressors.

I was impressed by a recent comment from Mikhail Gorbachev, to the point that global circumstances are moving into place for a major war, and I too can see the signs. If the EU fractures further and NATO fails, I would put money on it at some point.

China is an interesting piece in the game, probably gaining ground and treasure whilst the battle goes on elsewhere. They will probably snip off Taiwan quietly and some Japanese islands, but try to stay out of the big one.

Interesting times. Drinking Beverage

D.

PS - Just caught your last post and it looks like our thinking is not so different on this.