Trying to keep my head above water...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2017, 06:38 AM
RE: Trying to keep my head above water...
(02-02-2017 05:42 AM)adey67 Wrote:  That will do nicely but the Aussie girl who does the hotel travago adverts in the UK is my first choice, mmmm Big Grin

It's the eyes. Nastassja Kinski level eyes..... Sigh.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2017, 06:53 AM
(02-02-2017 06:38 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 05:42 AM)adey67 Wrote:  That will do nicely but the Aussie girl who does the hotel travago adverts in the UK is my first choice, mmmm Big Grin

It's the eyes. Nastassja Kinski level eyes..... Sigh.

We're a couple of dirty old men reallyBig Grin Tongue
02-02-2017, 07:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2017 07:39 AM by adey67.)
(02-02-2017 06:34 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 04:21 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Great post D, however as bad as Trump is he will not I think lead us into a third world war, Trump does stuff that benefits him he's completely ego centric a third world war would basically wipe out all his wealth and the majority of the slathering masses who voted for him and who massage his narcissistic ego. Is the chance of a war with him as president more likely? Marginally yes because he has no political experience and is not a good diplomat, but I do not believe this is the massive risk many say it is. The far greater risk from him is the potential to cause huge civil unrest within the USA itself.

adey,

Your last line is the kicker. Who would benefit from "huge civil unrest within the USA?"

Well, if it happens, Osama bin Laden will not be here to see his personal victory, but the many sharks are circling. Of course Putin will have Xmas and birthdays all at once if NATO is weakened by Trump's admin, but there are plenty more out there that want to see the US doctored. Historically, US isolationism has been the path to world war, as it leaves an 'open goal' (to use a soccer metaphor) for smaller but powerful aggressors.

I was impressed by a recent comment from Mikhail Gorbachev, to the point that global circumstances are moving into place for a major war, and I too can see the signs. If the EU fractures further and NATO fails, I would put money on it at some point.

China is an interesting piece in the game, probably gaining ground and treasure whilst the battle goes on elsewhere. They will probably snip off Taiwan quietly and some Japanese islands, but try to stay out of the big one.

Interesting times. Drinking Beverage

D.

PS - Just caught your last post and it looks like our thinking is not so different on this.

No we are not poles apart that's for sure mate, my axiom is that if ones thinking is flawed especially if pointed out by others, its important to concede that graciously there's no shame in that as far as I'm concerned. I have seen people on threads who would argue that black was white tying themselves up in knots with convoluted counter arguments rather than admitting that their thinking was flawed, inevitably they end up looking very silly to say the least.
Anyhow we'd better not derail this thread any further poor EA is having a hard enough time of it as it is without our doom ladened prophecies.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
02-02-2017, 10:15 AM
In good news, today is my Friday! Off work tomorrow. And next week, we go to the Big Easy, Crescent City... you got it - New Orleans!! ^__^

[+] 5 users Like Escape Artist's post
02-02-2017, 12:25 PM
You are definitely not alone it seems.

I just saw an ad from Dr. Phil (hate that guy) and he said:

"Since Mr. Trump is president, numbers of people seeking therapy are up. See, he already created more jobs!"

Now I don't hate him quite as much. Smile

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
02-02-2017, 04:55 PM
Fuck today. Stupid bullshit fuckery. Shit always goes wrong at the last goddamn minute when you're about to go on vacation. Angry

02-02-2017, 05:10 PM
Take hold of today by the shoulders and knee it hard in the balls and go pour yourself a whiskey.
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post
02-02-2017, 05:24 PM
(02-02-2017 05:10 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Take hold of today by the shoulders and knee it hard in the balls and go pour yourself a whiskey.

I second that.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-02-2017, 06:57 PM
We're gonna have some Irish coffee tonight. Big Grin

Yeah, just had some bullshit pop up right at the end of the workday so I ended up there an hour after quitting time. Facepalm But I am home now and having dirty rice (courtesy of Revs) and sweet tea and a little later, we'll have the Irish coffee. ^__^

02-02-2017, 10:58 PM
(02-02-2017 12:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  You are definitely not alone it seems.

I just saw an ad from Dr. Phil (hate that guy) and he said:

"Since Mr. Trump is president, numbers of people seeking therapy are up. See, he already created more jobs!"

Now I don't hate him quite as much. Smile

My husband and I were just discussing trump. We both agreed. it's been about 10 days since trump was inaugurated but it seems like a year. This whole event is exhausting.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post