Trying to keep my head above water...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2017, 11:28 PM
RE: Trying to keep my head above water...
(02-02-2017 04:21 AM)adey67 Wrote:  [...] however as bad as Trump is he will not I think lead us into a third world war

I'd agree, and reassure Escape Artist that they were saying the same approaching war thing in the 1960s—that Eisenhower/Kennedy, and the CIA and the KGB were going to start WW3 over the Bay of Pigs invasion—at the height of the Cold War. Castro had a battery of USSR-supplied nukes pointing directly at CONUS from Cuba—a distance of around 110 miles.

Quote:[...] I do not believe this is the massive risk many say it is. The far greater risk from him is the potential to cause huge civil unrest within the USA itself.

Again, I agree. The US really needs to avoid becoming politically and economically isolated globally, but which is what the orange grub seems to be pushing for.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2017, 11:33 PM
(02-02-2017 06:57 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  We're gonna have some Irish coffee tonight. Big Grin

Yeah, just had some bullshit pop up right at the end of the workday so I ended up there an hour after quitting time. But I am home now and having dirty rice (courtesy of Revs) and sweet tea and a little later, we'll have the Irish coffee.

Glad to see that you're able to bounce back a bit more now EA. Well done. And no..... I'm not gonna ask what followed the Irish coffee. Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
03-02-2017, 02:19 AM
I feel the same with everyone here. I'm not feeling too hopeful now. I think it's good to know that the majority who voted for Clinton may be able to take action if need be. I don't know. Maybe it's not as bad as it looks? I also dropped all pretenses with my conservative family after Drumftfvaf took office. I kind of gave up too.

If the pope went to Zumba class, then he may be eligible to spend eternity in my special unicorn mountain kingdom. Cool
[+] 1 user Likes hannaskywalker's post
04-02-2017, 10:36 PM
Trying to take happiness in small things. My son went over to a friend's house for the day and to spend the night. Daughter spent the day with her boyfriend and his family - his parents seem nice and I feel comfortable with my daughter spending time there. As long as the kids are happy and are having some good things happen for them, I am glad. They don't need to be worrying about all the bullshit going on.

And me and Rev watched Superman (the Christopher Reeves one) - me for the first time. So that was neat. Smile I've been looking at a lot of dog videos on YouTube too, in anticipation of us someday getting a fur-baby. Tongue I am coming around to the idea of a dog quite a bit more, so yay for that. Still a bit nervous, but after Rev went for the nuclear option on me (he'd said at one point, when I was really not at all thrilled about the idea of a dog, that he had one really good reason that might sway my mind: Because it would make me happy, he said, and yeah that was cheating 'cause it melted my heart. Blush ) I've been quite a bit more on-board.

What also has helped is that Rev more or less banned me from watching news stuff. 'Cause I just can't handle it right now. Hobo

05-02-2017, 10:24 AM
Trying to keep my head above water...
We recently got a new puppy. The reason for it is sad - we lost two of three dogs in less than five months. Turns out after almost a decade of three, it was weird/lonely to only have one. But the outcome is happy - the SPCA has one less mutt to care for, our older but healthy boy has a friend to annoy him, and new girl pup has safe warm home. And honestly, the distraction has been nice. Basically, I highly recommend getting a dog.

[Image: aa7e7629e71c717f2db732a033089bb8.jpg]

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
[+] 3 users Like leigh7911's post
05-02-2017, 10:30 AM
My dog has reduced my need for psychiatric meds by 40% enriched my life and gives me so much joy, she is my fur baby to quote another poster.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
05-02-2017, 10:31 AM
(05-02-2017 10:24 AM)leigh7911 Wrote:  We recently got a new puppy. The reason for it is sad - we lost two of three dogs in less than five months. Turns out after almost a decade of three, it was weird/lonely to only have one. But the outcome is happy - the SPCA has one less mutt to care for, our older but healthy boy has a friend to annoy him, and new girl pup has safe warm home. And honestly, the distraction has been nice. Basically, I highly recommend getting a dog.

[Image: aa7e7629e71c717f2db732a033089bb8.jpg]

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Gorgeous pup!

I had quite a shift in the animal pack here last year. I lost my little buddy a year ago and got a new puppy a few weeks later. Then in the fall I had to have my oldest dog put down. I am quite glad I got the puppy when I did because otherwise my little female would have been alone after being the middle child. Tongue

The pup is now a year old and is quite a character who is the 'lovingest' little guy ever. Luckily he is able to easily fill the reduction in pack size from three to two.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-02-2017, 10:42 AM
Well, it's a process. I am not a dog person, nor any kind of pet person and never have been. They didn't decrease my stress, they increased it because my ex would bring them in and say he would take care of them and then all the responsibility would fall to me and I'd end up having to feed and clean up after the dog, along with doing most every other domestic chore around the house at the time. Ugh. It's making me mad just thinking about it. Angry

I don't need a pet in my life - dog or otherwise. I find I don't get much out of the relationship, I don't feel the dog "loves" me or any stuff like that. It would always feel like the dog was "take take take" and I got nothing back so why would I want that?

But Rev is a pet person and if he is wanting one, I have to try and be okay with it or get used to the idea, and I have to give it a chance because Rev is not my ex so, yeah.

Anyway, it'll be... interesting. It's been a slow process for me to come to a point of seeing animals as even semi-equals to people, but it's getting there. I still can't tolerate a dog (or cat!) in the bed, though - can't fuckin' sleep with a non-human animal in the bed. Hobo

My worries about a pet at the moment are: that I'll be jealous of the dog (yes, stupid maybe, but there it is), that it'll tear up my things (namely my stuffed animals or clothes Sad ), that it'll pester me all the time wanting attention, that it won't sleep in a crate or wherever at night and will whine until it inevitably gets a place in my bed and then I'll be sleeping on a couch because again, I can't sleep with a non-human animal in the bed.

Blegh. I shouldn't have typed all that. Now my dog worries are cropping up again. Sad Stuffed animals are best.

05-02-2017, 10:58 AM
(05-02-2017 10:42 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  My worries about a pet at the moment are: that I'll be jealous of the dog (yes, stupid maybe, but there it is), that it'll tear up my things (namely my stuffed animals or clothes Sad ), that it'll pester me all the time wanting attention, that it won't sleep in a crate or wherever at night and will whine until it inevitably gets a place in my bed and then I'll be sleeping on a couch because again, I can't sleep with a non-human animal in the bed.

All legit worries! Our new pup is smack in the middle of the "desperately needs to chew" phase, and it's annoying having to make sure everything is out of reach, coming from years of adult, well trained dogs. She has a special affinity for socks. With regards to sleeping area, that's definitely an important discussion to have. My husbandperson would have gladly had any/all of them in bed, I put my foot down. We do crates until they are trustworthy enough to not chew everything up, then they pretty much have free reign of the house. Same for when we go out. I'm sorry your ex left you with all the work. They're a lot of work! They can also get expensive. I totally understand if someone doesn't find it all worth it for them. I hope you two can figure out something that works well for both of you.
05-02-2017, 11:02 AM
(05-02-2017 10:31 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I had quite a shift in the animal pack here last year. I lost my little buddy a year ago and got a new puppy a few weeks later. Then in the fall I had to have my oldest dog put down. I am quite glad I got the puppy when I did because otherwise my little female would have been alone after being the middle child. Tongue

Yup, we lost our youngest then our oldest, leaving the middle dog. That said, we never intended to have three dogs in the first place! That's another thread though. Glad your new one is a sweetheart!