Trying toFollow God's Will

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 2.14 Average
16-01-2013, 02:13 PM
RE: Trying toFollow God's Will
Just another tortured soul we can't understand. Just remember, you are unique...just like everyone else.

You are starting to sound more and more like my sister-in-law who's maturity has regressed every year she has been in college.

"Look at me! I am flawed and unique and special and look at all the things I can do! Look at me!!!"

Dodgy and damned if I am not drawn to this wreck on the side of the road, rubbernecking.

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
16-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:You all don’t understand that because you’re not fighters. If God has raised you up like me getting the spit kicked out of you at school every day of your life, you’d have grown up learning what it took me a lot of pain to learn. You never back down to a bully. You fight until you are dead, but you never back down. It’s all about honor, and life comes and goes, but we take our honor with us into the next life, and if you puss out to an atheist bully you make Christ look like a wimp.
Rolleyes

Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
16-01-2013, 02:24 PM
(16-01-2013 02:04 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(14-01-2013 12:42 PM)kineo Wrote:  I have no respect for him anymore.

Oh, like you ever did.

Good point... though there was a point in time where I started to. But then you opened your mouth again.

Quote:I think his dedication has lead him to the edge of sanity, if not over the cliff. Not to mention that in his dedication he's flip-flopped more times than Mitt Romney.

As someone who’s authored a book on the subject of happiness, as someone who works in psychiatry, as a theologian and philosopher and as a 48-year-old man with more sins on my plate than I can ever account for on Judgment Day, let me say this one thing: and here me, because what I say is true: You aren’t alive until you’re living on the “edge” of sanity.

You just LOVE to list your qualifications as if they mean something to anybody but yourself. You left off messiah, prophet, reverend, gift from God, and God from your resume... I'm sure there's more that belongs there! In any case, none of those things you've listed makes you qualified to tell me what makes me "alive".
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
16-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Gotta stand up for my Jesus. [Image: 74321_4112993552586_1216516145_n.jpeg]

[Image: Grumpy-dog-dont-like-grumpy-cat.jpg]

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
16-01-2013, 02:28 PM
(14-01-2013 12:49 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  I respect you. [KC] You somehow manage to hang around a forum where literally everyone disagrees with you, and yet you don't debase yourself with hate-filled ramblings and death threats. Egor cannot be bothered with basic human civility. He seems to believe that being an unlikable snob and an incorrigible jerk are the best ways to communicate. And I cannot abide anyone who threatens to kill me.

Queue in the gayest, Jewish, New York accent you can imagine and say: “That Egor, he’s always lookin to choke me.”
When in the fuck did I ever threaten to kill you?

What is your fascination with gay? Sheesh, just get yourself out of the closet and go join the parade. You'll find it liberating to not have to pretend anymore.

When did you threaten to kill me? It wasn't just me, it was millions of people. Here:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid233405

Yeah, I know, you claimed it was just you expressing yourself and that you didn't really mean it. In a post where you meant everything else, I suppose you didn't mean this one bit, even though you restated it and then punctuated with the machine gun.

If you had made this threat face to face with this much detail, it would have been legally actionable as assault. Your forum anonymity lets you legally get away with death threats against other anonymous posters, but your sick mentally deranged attitude is still the same either way. You showed your true colors, bragged about them even. Anonymous or not, your true intent was clear.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 3 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
16-01-2013, 02:29 PM
(16-01-2013 02:04 PM)Egor Wrote:  Funny you should say. God’s I've been dealing with me about this the last few days. He I says I have to stop. He I says I have to be just as engaging without swearing. Shit, I’ve probably sworn in this post already. But it has to stop. He I says I’m compromising my authority—whatever the fuck that means. He I says to use basic anatomy, not swear words. I’m going to go for a run now, and when I finish, I will have accepted His my own instruction.
*cough*

Its sound like im mocking you but im not. Millions of people throughout history have said these sort of things, all with their own version of "god".

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
16-01-2013, 02:33 PM
(16-01-2013 02:04 PM)Egor Wrote:  Funny you should say. God’s been dealing with me about this the last few days. He says I have to stop. He says I have to be just as engaging without swearing. Shit, I’ve probably sworn in this post already. But it has to stop. He says I’m compromising my authority—whatever the fuck that means. He says to use basic anatomy, not swear words. I’m going to go for a run now, and when I finish, I will have accepted His instruction.

I just can’t imagine not swearing.

1. If your hearing god, you might want to see a psychologist.

2. If god told you to stop swearing and you swear right after, your surely not a very good follower of god now are you...

(16-01-2013 02:04 PM)Egor Wrote:  As for the rest of it, you all don’t understand because you’re not fighters. I am a fighter. I’m a fighter in my 3D world, and I fight Satan every day in my spiritual world. I do not back down. I will not back down, because for me that’s a sin. I will not lay down to atheism; I will not back off Satan because I am not afraid of confrontation. I will fight him to my death on every beachhead, every street corner, and in every forum.

Enjoy making no progress.

(16-01-2013 02:04 PM)Egor Wrote:  FYou all don’t understand that because you’re not fighters. If God has raised you up like me getting the spit kicked out of you at school every day of your life, you’d have grown up learning what it took me a lot of pain to learn. You never back down to a bully. You fight until you are dead, but you never back down. It’s all about honor, and life comes and goes, but we take our honor with us into the next life, and if you puss out to an atheist bully you make Christ look like a wimp.

And I won’t Censored do that.

Ahhh this explains a lot. God surely does love you doesn't he Wink
Why else would he get kids to kick the 'spit' out of you.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

16-01-2013, 02:39 PM
(16-01-2013 02:33 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  1. If your hearing god, you might want to see a psychologist.

He works in psychology- so he's got it covered. That makes him qualified to give himself a clean bill of health. Thumbsup
16-01-2013, 02:52 PM
[Image: tumblr_mflursX9Dw1r18erko1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mfndrrExwz1qf07h2o1_400.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-01-2013, 04:09 PM
(16-01-2013 02:33 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  As for the rest of it, you all don’t understand because you’re not fighters. I am a fighter. I’m a fighter in my 3D world, and I fight Satan every day in my spiritual world. I do not back down. I will not back down, because for me that’s a sin. I will not lay down to atheism; I will not back off Satan because I am not afraid of confrontation. I will fight him to my death on every beachhead, every street corner, and in every forum.

FYou all don’t understand that because you’re not fighters. If God has raised you up like me getting the spit kicked out of you at school every day of your life, you’d have grown up learning what it took me a lot of pain to learn. You never back down to a bully. You fight until you are dead, but you never back down. It’s all about honor, and life comes and goes, but we take our honor with us into the next life, and if you puss out to an atheist bully you make Christ look like a wimp.
Are we posting our martial arts backgrounds as qualifications now? I'll grab my stinky boxing gloves and whip out the ol' cauliflower ears if it ads more merit to my argument. Whoops, it doesn't... so never mind.

This isn't a fight. This is a group not swallowing what you're selling. Nobody's trying to stop you. Nobody is going to stop you. I read your latest bible lesson. I liked it. It was beautifully written. But I don't buy it as the truth. I could just as easily say you're attacking Islam, Buddhism, and the Jewish religions by denying their 'truth.' Atheism is a minority. We take more shit than you ever will.

It's not mainstream to be atheist. It's not American. It's not human.

I've heard that BS on the news, read it in the newspaper, and listened to religious coworkers slam me without knowing they were doing it. You come back when your religion has taken a real beating. You come back when the majority of the country frames you as some sort of emotionless shell with no morals. You fancy yourself a warrior because you tested yourself on some internet forums? Please.

You follow the teachings of Jesus. You're as much a minority as a white, middle-aged male senator.

...it would rather be a man... [who] plunges into scientific questions with which he has no real acquaintance, only to obscure them with aimless rhetoric, and distract the attention of his hearers from the real point at issue by eloquent digressions and skilled appeals to religious prejudice.
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post