Trying toFollow God's Will

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 2.14 Average
16-01-2013, 07:06 PM
RE: Trying toFollow God's Will
P.S. you might want to edit that using the Source tab. You make it look like I said that crazy nonsense Tongue

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2013, 04:01 AM

(16-01-2013 01:40 AM)bemore Wrote:  So are you seriously suggesting Ego that every single human being that was around before Jesus Christ appeared on the scene is now in hell?

Billions upon billions of people?

Dude.... seriously?

I don't know who's still in hell. I don't know what kind of hell they experienced, and it's pretty cleary you have to reject Christ to go to hell, so before Jesus, I'm not sure what the deal was. It doesn't really matter now, does it? No

(16-01-2013 10:02 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Egor has an interesting business model.

I went over there and made a few posts, then suggested that he create a library archive where members could contribute theist and atheist links to debates, books, videos, etc. A place where noobs could get their feet wet and read both sides of the argument.

He said if I subscribe ($ub$cribe, as in pay a monthly fee) I would be allowed to build, maintain, and promote the section for him.

Any takers? I turned it down, but I'm sure the offer is transferable. Big Grin

To start a category, you'd have to be a Global Moderator. To be a Global Moderator, you would have to be a forum patron. To be a forum patron you have to subscribe. The subscription is like 1.80 British Pounds a month. or $2.99 USD. It's nothing. I pay more than that in coffee dues at work.

But that aside, look at your attitude toward my forum, toward the other people who subscribe, toward religion in general, toward me in particular. Do you really think you're going to wear a crown with three stars and not be a subscriber? Where do you get off, just out of curiosity? What makes you think you're so special? You don't have to be a Veridican, you don't have to believe in God, but I'm not going to do for you what I don't do for myself or the other Forum Patrons. Nor am I asking you to do something I don't do. I donate here on a monthly basis and I usually give $10. If you want to be a member, you can be a member for free. You can become a Distinguished Member for free.

But there are a bunch of other special features for subscribers. If you don't need those, you don't need those. But you're not going to run "The Veridican Library" without a Global Moderator crown. That's just the way the planet turns.

(16-01-2013 04:09 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  I read your latest bible lesson. I liked it. It was beautifully written.

Thank you very much. Hug

Quote:But I don't buy it as the truth.

Well, not yet.

Quote:I've heard that BS on the news, read it in the newspaper, and listened to religious coworkers slam me without knowing they were doing it.

Then stop being an atheist. It's stupid anyway. Dodgy

Quote:You follow the teachings of Jesus. You're as much a minority as a white, middle-aged male senator.

We haven't gone to the Christians yet. Trust me, they're going to hate me even more than the atheists do. Yes
Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2013, 04:12 AM
There is a difference between hate and disgust.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
17-01-2013, 04:43 AM
(17-01-2013 04:12 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  There is a difference between hate and disgust.

Hate? At this point, I can't even really hate him. Because I find it hard to hate someone that I pity so much.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
17-01-2013, 04:47 AM
That is true too.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
17-01-2013, 05:55 AM
(17-01-2013 04:01 AM)Egor Wrote:  I don't know who's still in hell. I don't know what kind of hell they experienced, and it's pretty cleary you have to reject Christ to go to hell, so before Jesus, I'm not sure what the deal was. It doesn't really matter now, does it? No
No I think it does matter Ego, how you blindly refuse to acknowledge that your religion has only been around for 2000 years (in its current format) yet "modern mankind" has existed on earth for hundreds of thousands of years.

Its a question that if I were to believe in such religion I would need an answer too. Its one (of many) reasons why I will never believe in this bullshit.

All your ancestors beyond 2000 years are in hell according to your beliefs.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
17-01-2013, 06:18 AM
(17-01-2013 04:01 AM)Egor Wrote:  
Quote:You follow the teachings of Jesus. You're as much a minority as a white, middle-aged male senator.

We haven't gone to the Christians yet. Trust me, they're going to hate me even more than the atheists do. Yes

We don't hate you; we pity you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
17-01-2013, 10:09 AM
(17-01-2013 04:01 AM)Egor Wrote:  But that aside, look at your attitude toward my forum, toward the other people who subscribe, toward religion in general, toward me in particular. Do you really think you're going to wear a crown with three stars and not be a subscriber? Where do you get off, just out of curiosity? What makes you think you're so special? You don't have to be a Veridican, you don't have to believe in God, but I'm not going to do for you what I don't do for myself or the other Forum Patrons. Nor am I asking you to do something I don't do. I donate here on a monthly basis and I usually give $10. If you want to be a member, you can be a member for free. You can become a Distinguished Member for free.

Interesting spin. For one, you don't get to complain about attitude. I've been respectful in your forum; I debate and follow the rules, in this forum as well. Nuff said. Second, I gave you a suggestion to improve your site. Not for me. I already have access to the TTA resources library and plenty of theist sites. But if you want to combat atheism, you're going to need more than forum conversations. A library is a good resource for any forum. And if your forum draws more people, the debates will (in theory) improve and increase. Everyone wins.

(17-01-2013 04:01 AM)Egor Wrote:  But there are a bunch of other special features for subscribers. If you don't need those, you don't need those. But you're not going to run "The Veridican Library" without a Global Moderator crown. That's just the way the planet turns.

Just to claify, in case you missed the point: I don't want a freaking crown and I wasn't asking for some sort of superpower in your forum.

(17-01-2013 04:01 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(16-01-2013 04:09 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  I read your latest bible lesson. I liked it. It was beautifully written.
Thank you very much. Hug

Y'all should swallow your pride for a minute and read it.

(17-01-2013 04:01 AM)Egor Wrote:  Then stop being an atheist. It's stupid anyway. Dodgy

Bwah ha! Not until I can believe there's a god. Currently, I can't. Can you stop being Veridican?

(17-01-2013 04:01 AM)Egor Wrote:  We haven't gone to the Christians yet. Trust me, they're going to hate me even more than the atheists do. Yes

I don't hate you. I think your ideas are wrong. But yes, I agree that the Christians are probably going to hate you quite a bit.

...it would rather be a man... [who] plunges into scientific questions with which he has no real acquaintance, only to obscure them with aimless rhetoric, and distract the attention of his hearers from the real point at issue by eloquent digressions and skilled appeals to religious prejudice.
17-01-2013, 12:03 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2013 12:08 PM by Free Thought.)
The Holy War that crops up from that hate'll certainly be interesting to watch, assuming Christianity holds to their historical way of hating people.

It'd be like a bunch of heavily built football players dog-piling on a small child with Osteoporosis.

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
17-01-2013, 02:05 PM

(17-01-2013 05:55 AM)bemore Wrote:  No I think it does matter Ego, how you blindly refuse to acknowledge that your religion has only been around for 2000 years (in its current format) yet "modern mankind" has existed on earth for hundreds of thousands of years.

My religion has been in existence since 1993.

Quote:
All your ancestors beyond 2000 years are in hell according to your beliefs.

My beliefs in hell are as follows:

We believe hell is a place of spiritual agony where souls are kept for the pleasure of God. We believe anyone not transforming into Christ at the time of death will go to hell.

So, I don’t know, in my current state, what the pleasure of God was for the people who existed prior to the revelation of Christ on earth.

(17-01-2013 06:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  We don't hate you; we pity you.

No you don’t. You envy me and orbit me, and you know it.

(17-01-2013 10:09 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Interesting spin. For one, you don't get to complain about attitude. I've been respectful in your forum; I debate and follow the rules, in this forum as well. Nuff said. Second, I gave you a suggestion to improve your site. Not for me. I already have access to the TTA resources library and plenty of theist sites. But if you want to combat atheism, you're going to need more than forum conversations. A library is a good resource for any forum. And if your forum draws more people, the debates will (in theory) improve and increase. Everyone wins.

Great. Thanks. Enjoy the forum.

Quote:Bwah ha! Not until I can believe there's a god. Currently, I can't. Can you stop being Veridican?

Why would I? I’m proud to know the truth, and I’m glad for where it is leading my life. Your philosophy is leading you into a pit in the physical world, and hell in the next. Because with you, there’s no debate or mystery. You’re not some Chinese person growing up on Confucianism who’s never actually rejected Christ. You have actively rejected Christ knowing full well who he is. So, maybe the Chinese person’s hell is simply a separation from God on the spiritual plane for a period of time (You have to be a deep enough thinker to realize that’s hell, so don’t worry about it.), you on the other hand are going to be heating oil for heaven if you don’t change your ways.

Quote:I don't hate you. I think your ideas are wrong. But yes, I agree that the Christians are probably going to hate you quite a bit.

I’ve encountered them before and been banned. I’ll sock puppet the forums and hopefully get enough time to talk about Veridicanism and invite some to the forum. But they will completely shut me out.
Quote this message in a reply