Trying toFollow God's Will

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 2.14 Average
18-01-2013, 03:05 AM
RE: Trying toFollow God's Will
And then the anti-egor showed up.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2013, 03:23 AM
(18-01-2013 02:30 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 11:44 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Pascal's fucking wager, Ego? Really? Lame.
Lame? I don’t think so. No If there are two ways you can go: atheism vs. theism, it is better to go theism even if it’s wrong—because it offers some benefits whereas atheism offers nothing more than a devolution into sociopathic slugs.

[Religious belief] is a totalitarian belief. It is the wish to be a slave. It is the desire that there be an unalterable, unchallengeable, tyrannical authority who can convict you of thought crime while you are asleep, who can subject you - who must, indeed, subject you - to total surveillance around the clock every waking and sleeping minute of your life - I say, of your life - before you're born and, even worse and where the real fun begins, after you're dead. A celestial North Korea. Who wants this to be true? Who but a slave desires such a ghastly fate? I've been to North Korea. It has a dead man as its president, Kim Jong-Il is only head of the party and head of the army. He's not head of the state. That office belongs to his deceased father, Kim Il-Sung. It's a necrocracy, a thanatocracy. It's one short of a trinity I might add. The son is the reincarnation of the father. It is the most revolting and utter and absolute and heartless tyranny the human species has ever evolved. But at least you can fucking die and leave North Korea!

-Christopher Hitchens

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-01-2013, 03:53 AM
(18-01-2013 02:30 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 11:44 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Pascal's fucking wager, Ego? Really? Lame.

Lame? I don’t think so. No If there are two ways you can go: atheism vs. theism, it is better to go theism even if it’s wrong—because it offers some benefits whereas atheism offers nothing more than a devolution into sociopathic slugs.

A bold assertion, claiming atheism turns people sociopathic, when you are the one claiming that everyone else on earth who doesn't share your delusion is doomed to -- and deserves -- eternal torture.

Your worsening psychoses disturb me, Egor. I think it's best that you do continue in your cultish escapades, actually. Without them I'm afraid you might hurt someone. Not least of all yourself.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 5 users Like Phaedrus's post
18-01-2013, 04:10 AM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2013 08:12 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(16-01-2013 01:05 AM)Egor Wrote:  Besides, you either put your faith in Christ or you go to hell. It doesn’t matter what you eat here on earth. God isn’t impressed.

Guess who else isn't impressed? Before I was born, I was forged inside a star as it died; a supernova. An explosion so massive, a force so destructive, it makes the wrath of human gods seem petty by comparison. In the midst of all that chaos and violence, I didn't feel a damn thing. How hot can your hell be? Drinking Beverage

:edited to expand initial point:

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-01-2013, 08:07 AM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2013 08:11 AM by Vosur.)
(18-01-2013 02:30 AM)Egor Wrote:  Lame? I don’t think so. No If there are two ways you can go: atheism vs. theism, it is better to go theism even if it’s wrong—because it offers some benefits whereas atheism offers nothing more than a devolution into sociopathic slugs.
That's precisely where you are wrong. There aren't two ways to go, there are tens of thousands of different ways you can go. It's not atheism vs theism, it's atheism vs Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Mormonism and every other religion that has ever existed in human history.

(17-01-2013 11:40 PM)Egor Wrote:  What difference does it make, GN. Seriously, if I’m wrong and you’re right, then it really doesn’t matter what we think, does it? If atheism is true, it doesn’t matter because the truth doesn’t matter in that case. If I’m right, then your burning soul will light the highways of heaven. Think about it. Undecided
Yet another false dichotomy. Both atheists and you could be wrong. For example, if Islam is the true religion, both you and I are going to burn forever.
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
18-01-2013, 08:12 AM
(18-01-2013 08:07 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(18-01-2013 02:30 AM)Egor Wrote:  Lame? I don’t think so. No If there are two ways you can go: atheism vs. theism, it is better to go theism even if it’s wrong—because it offers some benefits whereas atheism offers nothing more than a devolution into sociopathic slugs.
That's precisely where you are wrong. There aren't two ways to go, there are tens of thousands of different ways you can go. It's not atheism vs theism, it's atheism vs Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Mormonism and every other religion that has ever existed in human history.

(17-01-2013 11:40 PM)Egor Wrote:  What difference does it make, GN. Seriously, if I’m wrong and you’re right, then it really doesn’t matter what we think, does it? If atheism is true, it doesn’t matter because the truth doesn’t matter in that case. If I’m right, then your burning soul will light the highways of heaven. Think about it. Undecided
Yet another false dichotomy. Both atheists and you could be wrong. For example, if Islam is the true religion, both you and I are going to burn forever.

Also wrong about "devolution into sociopathic slugs".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-01-2013, 10:14 AM
What's sad is that Egor actually wants evil to happen. He wants all atheists to live immoral lives, so that his religion is validated. What kind of moral person wants people to do evil?

Every day you do good, you pee all over Egor's theory. Happy whizzing everyone!

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 5 users Like guitar_nut's post
18-01-2013, 01:11 PM

(18-01-2013 02:52 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I asked for evidence, and you gave me a half a sentence based on opinion (an inadmissible form of evidence). As such. I will restate my question:

Do you have any sort of evidence to support you conclusions or an argument for the validity of your beliefs, or are you simply assuming a priori that you are correct?

After two decades of atheist vs. God debate, I have come to learn one thing about your type: you will reject all evidence. You will reject it because you want to be an atheist. It may be that you hate religion so much you can no longer see God. It may be that you want to engage in sinful behavior and so you want to avoid God, or it may be that you just don't want anyone telling you what to do--especially God. And because of your desire to be an atheist, you will dismiss any evidence to the contrary. And you know it. Dodgy
Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2013, 01:13 PM
(18-01-2013 01:11 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(18-01-2013 02:52 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I asked for evidence, and you gave me a half a sentence based on opinion (an inadmissible form of evidence). As such. I will restate my question:

Do you have any sort of evidence to support you conclusions or an argument for the validity of your beliefs, or are you simply assuming a priori that you are correct?

After two decades of atheist vs. God debate, I have come to learn one thing about your type: you will reject all evidence. You will reject it because you want to be an atheist. It may be that you hate religion so much you can no longer see God. It may be that you want to engage in sinful behavior and so you want to avoid God, or it may be that you just don't want anyone telling you what to do--especially God. And because of your desire to be an atheist, you will dismiss any evidence to the contrary. And you know it. Dodgy
Consider Not sure if intentionally an idiot or if completely unaware of the hypocrisy in the above statement...

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
18-01-2013, 01:15 PM
(18-01-2013 01:11 PM)Egor Wrote:  

Egor, where's the evidence? I can't reject it if you don't present it. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post