Trying toFollow God's Will

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 2.14 Average
18-01-2013, 02:33 PM
RE: Trying toFollow God's Will
(18-01-2013 01:33 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(18-01-2013 01:16 PM)bemore Wrote:  God is infallible apparently so atheism is part of his "divine plan" so you wanting to destroy it is actually going against gods will. Even if you believe it is Satan that is controlling us atheists, satan is part of god and it is all meant to be as is.

Stick that in your egotistical pipe and smoke it. Cool

Given your analogy, we shouldn't wash the dirt off a potato.

You're not going to get this, but here goes: If you create something from your substance with the design of it evolving into a mirror image of you, so that you can narccistically look at it and enjoy it, then you have to give it freewill in some small part to either evolve or not. Otherwise you're just making a statue of yourself. But you can't make freewill without giving up some control to chaos. You don't get a shinny mirror to look into, unless you give that mirror the ultimate choice of dying to itself so it can become you.

This makes no sense to you, I know that. I don't fully understand it myself. But then we're not God. We don't live as the only existent thing with perfect infinite attributes. Our narcissism is not justifed as His is.

However, you will face this challenge (creating freewill beings) on your lucid spiritual plane after you die. Hell, stay in a lucid dream long enough and you'll face the challenge. I have (though I never was able to stay in the dream long enough to accomplish anything). So, this is something you need to grapple with in this life to prepare you for the next. If you're not thrown in hell that is--made into propane for paradise. Unsure

[Image: 31056298.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like fstratzero's post
18-01-2013, 02:36 PM
(18-01-2013 02:33 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(18-01-2013 01:33 PM)Egor Wrote:  Given your analogy, we shouldn't wash the dirt off a potato.

You're not going to get this, but here goes: If you create something from your substance with the design of it evolving into a mirror image of you, so that you can narccistically look at it and enjoy it, then you have to give it freewill in some small part to either evolve or not. Otherwise you're just making a statue of yourself. But you can't make freewill without giving up some control to chaos. You don't get a shinny mirror to look into, unless you give that mirror the ultimate choice of dying to itself so it can become you.

This makes no sense to you, I know that. I don't fully understand it myself. But then we're not God. We don't live as the only existent thing with perfect infinite attributes. Our narcissism is not justifed as His is.

However, you will face this challenge (creating freewill beings) on your lucid spiritual plane after you die. Hell, stay in a lucid dream long enough and you'll face the challenge. I have (though I never was able to stay in the dream long enough to accomplish anything). So, this is something you need to grapple with in this life to prepare you for the next. If you're not thrown in hell that is--made into propane for paradise. Unsure

[Image: 31056298.jpg]

THAT'S MY CAT

[Image: Grumpy-Cat-MEME-01.jpg]

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-01-2013, 02:53 PM
If anyone is wondering if the language on Egor's forum is any less "excrement oriented" than the atheist forums he's complaining about, I present a classic Egor line from one of his debates:

"What? Look here, you smegma-shooting butt crack, all I do is spend my online time with atheists."

It's rare I laugh out loud and gag at the same time.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 4 users Like guitar_nut's post
18-01-2013, 02:55 PM
(18-01-2013 02:53 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  If anyone is wondering if the language on Egor's forum is any less "excrement oriented" than the atheist forums he's complaining about, I present a classic Egor line from one of his debates:

"What? Look here, you smegma-shooting butt crack, all I do is spend my online time with atheists."

You can't be serious! Right? And this thing has the gall to teach us morals and call us sociopaths?!

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
18-01-2013, 03:01 PM
(18-01-2013 01:33 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(18-01-2013 01:16 PM)bemore Wrote:  God is infallible apparently so atheism is part of his "divine plan" so you wanting to destroy it is actually going against gods will. Even if you believe it is Satan that is controlling us atheists, satan is part of god and it is all meant to be as is.

Stick that in your egotistical pipe and smoke it. Cool

Given your analogy, we shouldn't wash the dirt off a potato.

This makes no sense to you, I know that. I don't fully understand it myself. But then we're not God. We don't live as the only existent thing with perfect infinite attributes. Our narcissism is not justified as His is.

It seems to me that you want to do good, avoid change, and degradation, all on the off chance you might be able to live forever.

To be human is to continually change. Your desire to remain what you are is what limits you.

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 3 users Like fstratzero's post
18-01-2013, 03:18 PM

-Baron d'Holbach-
18-01-2013, 03:35 PM

(18-01-2013 02:53 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  If anyone is wondering if the language on Egor's forum is any less "excrement oriented" than the atheist forums he's complaining about, I present a classic Egor line from one of his debates:

Touche. Blush But in my defense, I was transitioning from swearing and looking for any other way to express myself. But it's still true about atheists. They seem really fixated on bodily functions and waste. I think it's the other side of the coin of hedonism. Just a theory I'm working on.
Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2013, 03:42 PM
(18-01-2013 03:35 PM)Egor Wrote:  Touche. Blush But in my defense, I was transitioning from swearing and looking for any other way to express myself. But it's still true about atheists. They seem really fixated on bodily functions and waste. I think it's the other side of the coin of hedonism. Just a hypothesis I'm working on.

Fixed it for ya'.

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
18-01-2013, 03:54 PM
(18-01-2013 03:35 PM)Egor Wrote:  

Touche. Blush But in my defense, I was transitioning from swearing and looking for any other way to express myself. But it's still true about atheists. They seem really fixated on bodily functions and waste. I think it's the other side of the coin of hedonism. Just a theory I'm working on.

A theory without any real evidence. That kind of theory.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-01-2013, 05:13 PM
(18-01-2013 03:35 PM)Egor Wrote:  Touche. Blush But in my defense, I was transitioning from swearing and looking for any other way to express myself. But it's still true about atheists. They seem really fixated on bodily functions and waste. I think it's the other side of the coin of hedonism. Just a theory I'm working on.
No defense or excuse required, but maybe you're not qualified to judge language use Dodgy

That's your turf... and you really did make me laugh out loud.

I've found internet forums have the same effect on conversation as a six pack of beer. You can try and blame the atheists, but the skydiving forums, political forums, and numerous other groups I'm part of are just as bad. One exception is the pilot forums. If you want dry dialogue without any sarcasm, humor, or foul language, head over there. Shudder.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post