Trying toFollow God's Will

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 2.14 Average
14-01-2013, 03:14 AM
RE: Trying toFollow God's Will
(14-01-2013 03:08 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(13-01-2013 11:33 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Wow, another theist who thinks his particular interpretation of holy scripture and personal feelings are the 'correct' interpretation, and that he's on a personal mission from God to spread his particular views in an effort to counteract other established creeds.

How original...

No. I think as the founder of the Veridican religion, if I don't do something with it, it will die with me. And what if it could bless others? What if in the end it converts you? Wouldn't that be a good thing? Consider

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah!!!!

I'm sorry, that was necessary to show my amusement.

You are certainly not changing anybodies minds here, to my observations you are somewhat of a TTA meme, an amusement, like our own version of VenomFangX, but without the videos. And if you do manage to indoctrinate anybody into your little sect, I question their reasoning faculties. In fact, I question yours.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
14-01-2013, 03:18 AM

(14-01-2013 03:02 AM)Nappa Wrote:  Don't be fooled boy, YOUR will IS god's will, because you are in effect your own god.

Boy? I'm a 48-year old, college-educated professional. I've been a Veridican for two decades. I'm a practicing black belt in taekwondo and took first in sparring at my last tournament. I spent 10 years in the military, and I've traveled extensively in the Middle East and Europe, and I ride a motorcycle. Moreover, God speaks to me and I speak to Him. Boy? Flex

Who is this intestinal lining speaking to me as if I needed his advice? Beat_stick
Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2013, 03:20 AM
(14-01-2013 03:08 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(13-01-2013 11:33 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Wow, another theist who thinks his particular interpretation of holy scripture and personal feelings are the 'correct' interpretation, and that he's on a personal mission from God to spread his particular views in an effort to counteract other established creeds.

How original...

No. I think as the founder of the Veridican religion, if I don't do something with it, it will die with me. And what if it could bless others? What if in the end it converts you? Wouldn't that be a good thing? Consider

Yeah, you're just following in the footsteps of Saul of Tarsus, Jesus of Nazareth, St. Agustine, Martin Luther, John Calvin, and many others throughout history. A history I am more than familiar with, and have no desire to see others make the same mistakes; let alone walk down that path myself.

What are those two old saws again?

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."

"Those ignorant of the past are doomed to repeat it."

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
14-01-2013, 03:30 AM

(14-01-2013 03:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah!!!!

You are certainly not changing anybodies minds here, to my observations you are somewhat of a TTA meme, an amusement, like our own version of VenomFangX, but without the videos. And if you do manage to indoctrinate anybody into your little sect, I question their reasoning faculties. In fact, I question yours.

Well, some people are too far gone already. Hell waits for them and there's nothing to stop it. Like a fly that gets trapped in a car in the morning and will die in the greenhouse heat of the afternoon--nothing to be done about it. Atheism is like that--eventually it is so deteriorating that it becomes irreversable. But Anthony Flew changed, didn't he? Yes
14-01-2013, 03:31 AM
(14-01-2013 03:18 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(14-01-2013 03:02 AM)Nappa Wrote:  Don't be fooled boy, YOUR will IS god's will, because you are in effect your own god.

Boy? I'm a 48-year old, college-educated professional. I've been a Veridican for two decades. I'm a practicing black belt in taekwondo and took first in sparring at my last tournament. I spent 10 years in the military, and I've traveled extensively in the Middle East and Europe, and I ride a motorcycle. Moreover, God speaks to me and I speak to Him. Boy? Flex

Who is this intestinal lining speaking to me as if I needed his advice? Beat_stick

Anybody else notice this entire thing is just a massive Call to Authority?

I ride a motorcycle too, does that make my reasoning more precise or my arguments any more valid?

Certainly not, it just means I ride a motorcycle. You might logically conclude that I most likely pay motorcycle insurance and have a Class M license. But riding a motorcycle says nothing about the existence of god, nor the strength of my given arguments for the nonexistence of such entity.

And for the record, having a degree doesn't make you any more incapable of making bad arguments than somebody without a degree; it just mean you have less of an excuse when you do make a mistake.

[+] 9 users Like EvolutionKills's post
14-01-2013, 03:35 AM

(14-01-2013 03:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yeah, you're just following in the footsteps of Saul of Tarsus, Jesus of Nazareth, St. Agustine, Martin Luther, John Calvin, and many others throughout history. A history I am more than familiar with, and have no desire to see others make the same mistakes; let alone walk down that path myself.

My entire religion revolves around the concept of following in the footsteps of Jesus. To here you accuse me of it is in fact a compliment. Bowing
14-01-2013, 03:35 AM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2013 03:40 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(14-01-2013 03:30 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(14-01-2013 03:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah!!!!

Well, some people are too far gone already. Hell waits for them and there's nothing to stop it. Like a fly that gets trapped in a car in the morning and will die in the greenhouse heat of the afternoon--nothing to be done about it. Atheism is like that--eventually it is so deteriorating that it becomes irreversable. But Anthony Flew changed, didn't he? Yes

Yes, and so did Dan Barker.

So the personal anecdotes of converts mean nothing, people have made the jump either way from both camps.

Only the individual can decide for themselves. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but they are not entitled to their own facts.

Q.E.D.

Bonus Track - Why Don't Scientists Fear Hell?

(Hint - unless you believe in magical fire...)

14-01-2013, 03:36 AM
(14-01-2013 03:18 AM)Egor Wrote:  

Boy? I'm a 48-year old, college-educated professional. I've been a Veridican for two decades. I'm a practicing black belt in taekwondo and took first in sparring at my last tournament. I spent 10 years in the military, and I've traveled extensively in the Middle East and Europe, and I ride a motorcycle. Moreover, God speaks to me and I speak to Him. Boy?

Who is this intestinal lining speaking to me as if I needed his advice?

If the only voice you hear when you talk to god is your own, how can you possibly consider it a conversation with your god and not yourself?
[+] 2 users Like Nappa's post
14-01-2013, 03:38 AM
(14-01-2013 03:35 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(14-01-2013 03:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yeah, you're just following in the footsteps of Saul of Tarsus, Jesus of Nazareth, St. Agustine, Martin Luther, John Calvin, and many others throughout history. A history I am more than familiar with, and have no desire to see others make the same mistakes; let alone walk down that path myself.

My entire religion revolves around the concept of following in the footsteps of Jesus. To here you accuse me of it is in fact a compliment. Bowing

Do the world a favor and become a Jain, since the average Jain is more Jesus-like than Jesus. Plus you get all of the peace and non-violence, WITHOUT all of the crazy bullshit in the Bible! It's all of the good, with none of the baggage!

14-01-2013, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2013 03:51 AM by Free Thought.)
(14-01-2013 03:30 AM)Egor Wrote:  

The same can be said about theism: after a long enough time without challenge, it solidifies within the mind and effectively makes an indoctrinated puppet for the clergy to use at their own will; a puppet who snivels at the mention of impossible fire no less.

Your hell holds no fears for me, after all I don't tend to fear impossibilities and your thinly veiled threat of hell is simply comical.

[Edited to fix spelling error]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post