Trying toFollow God's Will

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 2.14 Average
14-01-2013, 01:24 PM
RE: Trying toFollow God's Will
I just looked into Egor's profile and background and figured out that he is Edward Gordon and has written his own Gospel - the "Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ" - which I shall henceforth refer to as the "Gospel of Ed". I shall petition the pope in hopes that this gospel can become canonical and be included in a Catholic Bible. Then...we shall have the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John...and Ed!

2000 years from now, some Christian apologist (like...William Lane Craig LXXXVII) will try to convince us that the "Gospel of Ed" was authored by a contemporary of Jesus - and transcribed from ancient Greek. What a debate that shall be.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Julius's post
14-01-2013, 01:50 PM
I wrote a gospel too.

There once was a man named J. C.
Who some folks consider quite holy
He stepped off of boats
And talked about goats
And ended up nailed to a tree

fin.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 2 users Like Phaedrus's post
14-01-2013, 02:40 PM
(14-01-2013 08:57 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I wouldn't say that DBZ is terrible. It certainly had it's faults, but it wasn't terrible.

It's probably because you're still a teenager, I enjoyed DBZ back when I was in middle school. But that doesn't negate that fact that it is one of the most overtly and needlessly drawn out anime series ever. Big Grin

Look at the break down of any half hour episode. Drinking Beverage

Once you take out the commercials, you have less than 20 minutes of for the actual cartoon.

Once you take out the intro, credits, 'previous episode' and 'next episode' recaps, you're left with 15 minutes.

Of that 15, almost 13 are spent with characters starting and yelling at each others, flying around, charging up attacks, and recycled fight animations. All in all, it's 4 minutes of animation that is stretched and reused to fill 13 minutes.

That leaves you with less than 2 minutes for any real story or character progression. Every episode can be summarized in two sentences, and you could condense an entire season into less than a single hour by cutting out all of the fluff.

Also, from an animation standpoint, it is just awful animation. It's not so much animation is a manga slideshow with some movement and sound. Then again, I do take animation classes at school, so that kind of killed anime for me. Not that my criticisms aren't valid, it's just I am no longer able to not see all these problems.

It's like trying to watch a movie with a film major, nothing ruins the movie faster! Tongue

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
14-01-2013, 02:45 PM
(14-01-2013 02:40 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(14-01-2013 08:57 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I wouldn't say that DBZ is terrible. It certainly had it's faults, but it wasn't terrible.

It's probably because you're still a teenager, I enjoyed DBZ back when I was in middle school. But that doesn't negate that fact that it is one of the most overtly and needlessly drawn out anime series ever. Big Grin

Once you take out the commercials, you have less than 20 minutes of for the actual cartoon.

Once you take out the intro, credits, 'previous episode' and 'next episode' recaps, you're left with 15 minutes.

Of that 15, almost 13 are spent with characters starting and yelling at each others, flying around, charging up attacks, and recycled fight animations. All in all, it's 4 minutes of animation that is stretched and reused to fill 13 minutes.

That leaves you with less than 2 minutes for any real story or character progression. Every episode can be summarized in two sentences, and you could condense an entire season into less than a single hour by cutting out all of the fluff.

Also, from an animation standpoint, it is just awful animation. It's not so much animation is a manga slideshow with some movement and sound. Then again, I do take animation classes at school, so that kind of killed anime for me. Not that my criticisms aren't valid, it's just I am no longer able to not see all these problems.

It's like trying to watch a movie with a film major, nothing ruins the movie faster! Tongue
BAH I SAY! BAH!

DBZ is what it is. It's a show about fighting and shooting energy. Who needs character d?velopment when things are blowing up left and right.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
14-01-2013, 03:06 PM

I like Miyazaki.

My knowledge of anime ends there.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
14-01-2013, 05:20 PM
LOL this made my day this is one of the most hysterical things I saw today

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
14-01-2013, 06:29 PM
(14-01-2013 03:18 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(14-01-2013 03:02 AM)Nappa Wrote:  Don't be fooled boy, YOUR will IS god's will, because you are in effect your own god.

Boy? I'm a 48-year old, college-educated professional. I've been a Veridican for two decades. I'm a practicing black belt in taekwondo and took first in sparring at my last tournament. I spent 10 years in the military, and I've traveled extensively in the Middle East and Europe, and I ride a motorcycle. Moreover, God speaks to me and I speak to Him. Boy? Flex

Who is this intestinal lining speaking to me as if I needed his advice? Beat_stick
Despite all your achievements, travels, martial arts, spiritual insights, and degrees, how do you determine the will of God, as opposed to devilish wills from the authors of potential confusion, if such existed.

How do you sort out biblical contradictions?

How do you view any potential afterlife?

Do you see higher gods beyond your god?

Does one life, of varying durations, prepare us for the ultimate epitome of Universal goodness?

Could not your moral convictions be based on rational secular considerations?

Is the suffering in the world in its intensity indicative of a loving god?

Is the Universe locked into a stagnant permanent 'perfect' end state.

Do you not think that there are many ethical issues within the bible that can, and do, lead to great confusion?

Would a decent god object to atheists/agnostics doing their best to live decently in accord with their secular pursuits of knowledge, while having a health respect for the unknown?

Does not following holy writ, by rote, negate experiential real learning.

Thank you.....................
14-01-2013, 06:32 PM
(14-01-2013 02:40 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

It just reruns the same plot over and over again. Goku's friends fight an ultra strong bad guy, Goku gets beat up, then comes back stronger than he was before. Repeat.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
14-01-2013, 07:24 PM

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
14-01-2013, 07:31 PM
(14-01-2013 03:18 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(14-01-2013 03:02 AM)Nappa Wrote:  Don't be fooled boy, YOUR will IS god's will, because you are in effect your own god.

Boy? I'm a 48-year old, college-educated professional. I've been a Veridican for two decades. I'm a practicing black belt in taekwondo and took first in sparring at my last tournament. I spent 10 years in the military, and I've traveled extensively in the Middle East and Europe, and I ride a motorcycle. Moreover, God speaks to me and I speak to Him. Boy? Flex

Who is this intestinal lining speaking to me as if I needed his advice? Beat_stick

[Image: 23893002.jpg]
[Image: news-graphics-2007-_652524a.jpg]

-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post