Trying toFollow God's Will

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 2.14 Average
14-01-2013, 08:39 PM
RE: Trying toFollow God's Will
[Image: brony_jesus_by_petirep-d46syqz.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
14-01-2013, 08:42 PM
(14-01-2013 08:39 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  [Image: brony_jesus_by_petirep-d46syqz.jpg]
It is so strange that those who protest they are loving and tolerant are often those who are not.
14-01-2013, 10:57 PM
(14-01-2013 08:42 PM)Nappa Wrote:  It is so strange that those who protest they are loving and tolerant are often those who are not.

My oath, he's right !!!! What tumbled you to this amazing revelation ? Was it the deathly experience of not being loved or tolerated *BY SOMEONE WHO SAID THEY WERE LOVING AND TOLERANT * ??? Oh the humanity!
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
15-01-2013, 12:11 AM
(14-01-2013 08:36 AM)Nappa Wrote:  
(14-01-2013 08:32 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  That wasn't mocking, it is observation. It is a common theme for Egor.

And besides, the last part is hardly mocking at all, hearing voices in ones head it a common symptom to several serious mental disorders.

And besides, mocking is an excellent way to call attention to a point or issue. Reductio ad Absurdum can be a very powerful tool if applied correctly.
No one ever pays attention to the mockingbird, for no one ever wants to hear the bird in it's mocking.

says the guy who made a thread to mock RIED for leaving. Bowing
15-01-2013, 12:33 AM
Ya know, knowing the stupidity of humanity (and in particular, 'Murica) I have all faith that Egor will become the next *insert name of guy that started Mormonism here*.

Honestly, I've seen crazier people succeed so..

Just pro-tip Egor, target the 'weak' and poor and charge them 10% of their income to be apart of your 'church'.
You'll make a killing.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
15-01-2013, 12:40 AM
[Image: 130232443562.gif?1305073704]

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 2 users Like Phaedrus's post
15-01-2013, 12:45 AM
(15-01-2013 12:11 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(14-01-2013 08:36 AM)Nappa Wrote:  No one ever pays attention to the mockingbird, for no one ever wants to hear the bird in it's mocking.

says the guy who made a thread to mock RIED for leaving. Bowing
If I wanted him to care, I wouldn't be mocking him Tongue besides it's of no significant consequence.
16-01-2013, 01:05 AM

(14-01-2013 04:17 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  @ Egor

Apparently, you don't ride in my area.

Well, I post where I’m from (New Orleans). I have no idea where you’re from. You see, as an atheist, you are rightly ashamed and don’t want anyone to know who you really are.

Quote:Most of the riders here are 'weekend warrior' types on massive cruisers, or stupid college kids on crotch rockets.

Surprise: that’s motorcycling. Shocking

Quote:Most of them do not have their licenses or permits, and most of them also ride without helmets and act like complete bellends. The baby boomers on Harleys tend to ride around in groups without proper spacing, no helmets, at night, with passengers, while bar hopping. All of which is very illegal (on a permit) and extremely dangerous. The rockets tend to wear more safety gear, but it is not uncommon to see somebody on a Ninja in nothing but shorts, flip-flops, and a pair of shades.

Well, my wife and I ride every week near Lake Pontchartrain. We have licenses (for a long time), insurance, titles, and most importantly, full-face helmets, long pants, jackets and gloves.

Quote:I always ride in full gear, check my bike before I leave, and am ever mindful of the fact that I'm on a 350lb piece of metal surrounded by 2ton SUV's. I always signal before I turn, never do stupid stunts, or otherwise act like an idiot on two wheels. I've also taken, and passed with flying colors, all of the safety and sport bike riding technique classes offered in my state by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.

Glad to hear it.

I was going to be sarcastic…but I’m trying my fucking damndest these days to act like a chaplain of my church. It was a lot easier to get away with being a prick when it was a private thing…damnit. Censored

Quote:I am more than well aware that this puts me into the minority of riders. So you'll have to forgive me if I don't immediately equate motorcycle riding with maturity, as in my experience it has mostly meant the opposite.

I—I can’t I just can’t help it Sadcryface : Dude, you have to be the uncoolest motorcycle rider I’ve ever heard of. Do you have one of those 125 cc bikes with a milk crate tethered on the back of it? Be honest.

I’m not saying to pop wheelies or jump over pits of fire, but damn, there needs to be a little danger in it or you’re just not living.

(14-01-2013 04:23 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Not at all. Jains are extreme vegetarians, because their 'do not harm to other living things' includes animals and plants. More extreme Jains even refuse to eat tubers and roots, because eating these plants kills them, as opposed to eating hanging fruit.

Even the Buddha abandoned the idea of asceticism, and Jesus was not an ascetic. So, I don’t know who you think you’re talking to, but I don’t give a damn about Jains. They sound like freaks to me.

Besides, you either put your faith in Christ or you go to hell. It doesn’t matter what you eat here on earth. God isn’t impressed.

Quote:Jains would never use a whip to drive out money lenders from the Temple, it violates their stance on non-violence.

But anyone who doesn’t put their faith in Christ is going to hell. Peace lovers and all.

Quote:Jains would never threaten another with eternal torture for the same reason.

They can’t back up such threats—and God isn’t threatening. You better get that through your head. You think this life is for you—it’s not. Your life is for God. Made by God, endorsed by God, used by God.

Quote:This is also why they sweep the ground before them with a broom and strain all of the water they drink through cheesecloth, lest they harm an insect.

So all of the 'best' parts of Jesus, as expressed in the Sermon on the Mount. You know, all of the parts that generally get quoted and give Christians their feel-good feelings. Those are actually carried out by the average Jain far more strictly than any christian I've ever seen.

So what? Either Jains put their faith in Christ or they roast in hell. You can defend them all you want. There is only one way to heaven and only one way to live this life.

Quote:But, you know, there is a complete lack of talking to one's self and claiming it's God. That's probably a deal breaker for you.

Well, there you go. Proof that the Holy Spirit is not with them.

(14-01-2013 04:30 AM)Nappa Wrote:  By your own words, god is no more than the imaginary friend of a child. For a child does the exact same thing. A small girl with a doll will speak to the doll, and she will make words in her mind for the doll to speak back.

Not the same thing. Is it? I communicate in mind with God who is the fundamental monistic consciousness. As far as I know, dolls are not.

(14-01-2013 04:35 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Ah, his true motivation comes to the surface. Be gone troll.

I’m not going anywhere until they ban me. And I just donated another $10 to this site. Shoot, that’s $20 bucks so far this month if you include the purchase of Seth’s book. Which I will review in my forum when I’m done with it. I don’t even want people to donate that much on my forum.

How much have you given to this forum this month?

None? Then shut the fuck up.

(14-01-2013 04:49 AM)Filox Wrote:  I don't see anything wrong in asking money. If you believe the preacher and you are willing to give him money, then the joke is on you, feel free to give as much as you want.

It’s not a joke. You support the causes you believe in. This forum gives me a…forum, and it even lets me talk about my forum, and several members here have joined my forum. I will donate to this site because I believe in it. And I put my money where my mouth is.

Quote:Egor, I must congratulate you on returning to Veridicanism, again. I like that idea much more than I like you returning to Christianity, as you yourself say, something is really rotten there.

Thank you, Filox, that’s a very nice thing for you to say. Mind you, there’s not a great deal of difference, but the differences that are there, are so deeply theologically opposite, that they make all the difference in the world, I suppose. I posted the Articles of Faith on the forum today, and it’s strange, because I am not bound to them. No more flip-flopping.

Quote: I also like the idea how you described your religion and web site, a place for theists and atheists. I can't help but to wonder did this forum help in this or would you make this even if you never visited this place?

No, actually this forum is the inspiration for my forum. This forum, and especially the way Stark Raving ran it, gave me the energy and admiration to try it on my own. I owe a lot to TTA. For where there is open discussion, there is the hope that atheism will be defeated.

Quote:Only thing I am afraid of is that you might start attacking atheists through your religion, instead understand and accept them as Gods creatures... I could never understood your hate toward atheists, or at least your thoughts toward us, if hate is too strong word for it. Did we not receive you more normally than you expected us to?

I utterly hate atheism because I love atheists. I will do anything in my power and through the power of the Holy Spirit in me to wipe out atheism. It is a satanic poison intended to kill the spirit of mankind. So, I don’t hate you, Filox. In fact I love you enough to want to save you from hell.

Quote:Anyway, glad to see you still here, with us.

Thanks.

(14-01-2013 08:17 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Another week, another attention grab.

Another week? Shit I was in here yesterday trying to grab attention .

Quote: I am not a mental health professional

I am…so, you were about to say something…

Quote:but, on a very serious note, if you are experiencing instances where you are hearing another voice in your head, I suggest that you seek out assistance to make sure that everything is ok, Egor.

Bite me. Drinking Beverage
Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2013, 01:10 AM
What, no response for me? I'm hurt.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
16-01-2013, 01:24 AM

(14-01-2013 08:21 AM)Nappa Wrote:  If you are here only to mock others for their beliefs I suggest you go somewhere else, this place is called the 'thinking' atheist. Not the insulting atheist.

You suggest I go? You speak for TTA now, do you? Consider

(14-01-2013 08:28 AM)Chas Wrote:  Mockery is quite common here. Get used to it.
And Egor has a long history of being eminently mockable.

You know, someone else said that right after I tried defending Brittney Spears.

(14-01-2013 08:30 AM)Nappa Wrote:  How sad it is that you the 'intelligent' must stoop so low a level as to laugh and shun like children, that which you deem queer.

What? Are you saying you’re a queer? What is this, Coming out day? Oops

Look, there are a lot more replies, I’m going to get to them tomorrow. Right now, I’m going to load some more smilies on my forum and watch “The Social Network” on my other monitor.
Quote this message in a reply