Trying toFollow God's Will

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 2.14 Average
16-01-2013, 01:40 AM
RE: Trying toFollow God's Will
So are you seriously suggesting Ego that every single human being that was around before Jesus Christ appeared on the scene is now in hell?

Billions upon billions of people?

Dude.... seriously?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2013, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2013 01:49 AM by Free Thought.)
Do you expect anything less, Bemore?

I mean come on; civilian slaughter is one of a war gods favourite activities. After all, one cannot field an army if all the population is dead, it's a solid tactic.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
16-01-2013, 01:48 AM
I Just dont get it Free Thought, even though ive tried to lead a really good life... suppose I will have to burn in hell for eternity with the rest of humanity Rolleyes

Oh well.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
16-01-2013, 01:50 AM
It's a shame truly.
Burning in imaginary fires would be a bit of a bitch, no?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
16-01-2013, 01:55 AM
Assuming hell existed, that's where all the cool people would be. Is there anybody in heaven that would be enjoyable to have a beer with?

[Image: giphy.gif]
16-01-2013, 01:59 AM
Its a bit of a paradox really Consider

If I went to heaven and had to spend an eternity with Ego then I would consider that hell.

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
16-01-2013, 01:59 AM
More words of wisdom from Tarturus Sauce & Bemore.

16-01-2013, 02:03 AM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2013 10:19 PM by EvolutionKills.)
@ Egor

"I—I can’t I just can’t help it [Image: sadcryface.gif]
: Dude, you have to be the uncoolest motorcycle rider I’ve ever heard
of. Do you have one of those 125 cc bikes with a milk crate tethered on
the back of it? Be honest.

I’m not saying to pop wheelies or jump over pits of fire, but damn,
there needs to be a little danger in it or you’re just not living."

For the Record, I don't like to post where I live because you and the rest of the internet doesn't need to know. If I liked you, and you asked, I might share. We're not on that level yet, and probably won't be anytime soon. Plus, my location (or lack thereof) does not affect the strength of my logic, reason, or arguments; kind of the whole reason I'm here.

Since you're so interested, I ride a 93' Honda CB750 Nighthawk.

[Image: motoG0G71B817830.jpg]

It's an old standard bike, a classic UJM. Just a frame, engine, tank, seats, lights, and wheels; no extraneous bullshit, just pure motorcycle. It was the 'New Mustang' or 'New Beetle' of Honda motorcycles during the 90's, a retro styled but thoroughly modern bike for its time.

It has a 747cc air & oil cooled inline 4 cylinder engine, with dual overhead cams, fed by 4 synched carburetors through a K&N air filter. Power is supplied to the rear by a chain drive and through a 5 speed gearbox. Stopping power is supplied by a twin caliper front disk break and a rear drum. The bike is good for 75hp @ 8500 rpm and 47.2ft/lbs of torque @ 7500 rpm, and has a dry weight of 215kg.

I put over 8,000 miles on it in 2012.

The reason I am so cautious is that I have respect for my own limitations and the safety of others. I used to have a street legal dirt-bike, a 93' Honda XR250L that I flew over the handlebars at 40mph, and subsequently cracked 2 ribs and a few bones in my right hand. That makes you appreciate your limitations, and learn to ride within them; and to be very careful when you push that envelop without the experience and skill to back it up.

Adrenaline is no excuse for acting like a bellend on the road and putting other people's lives at risk. Also I don't believe that there is an afterlife to enjoy riding motorcycles after I die, so if I want to keep riding, it's imperative that I don't do something stupid and get myself killed. I enjoy riding too much, and I don't believe in an afterlife, so it's the only logical thing to do.

Oh, and one last thing. Hearing voices in your head is not 'proof' that the Holy Spirit exists, or that it is with you. Only that you have voices in your head. Alone that makes you crazy, in large numbers, we call it religion.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-01-2013, 02:15 AM
(13-01-2013 11:25 PM)Egor Wrote:  Over at TV, I've started something I swore I never would, a church. However, I honestly believe God wants me to start a Church of The Veridican. I think there has to be a place where people can come for spiritual support--atheists and theists alike.

It's going to take time to get it running properly. I think you can only argue the existence of God so much before you have to show people that you actually believe it--that in fact, you actually live it.

God didn't make me a Veridican to hide it.

But I've been feeling funny lately. I've been sick with a bad cold or flu and I'm doing much better now, but it's not that. I'm actually starting to feel the Holy Spirit in my life again, and that is making me regret that I waited so long to start doing what I'm doing. I had a statling revelation today, but I have nowhere to share it. I like debating atheists, don't get me wrong, but the debating is only part of the fight. The other part is replacing what's so terribly broken--the modern Christian Church. Because who can deny it is the leading cause of atheism today?
I believe as long as you don't become another Jim Jones or abuse the gullible for power and money I will be fine with this. The only problem I have is that God waited for such a ridiculous amount of time(allowing holy wars, genocide, religious massacres, the burning of witches, the mutilation of genitalia, the disgust against women, racism, homophobia, hypocrisy etc.) to apparently give you the "complete" truth. Well at least I know how intelligent an all knowing God is.

Joking aside, I say you should replace the Christian church because it is terribly broken. People who follow a book they rarely read and only use it to justify hatred when they wave it at people they don't like. Being severely bias towards information that helps them(which is very little) and not accepting blatant facts like evolution, global warming or even the moon landing(Mormons). Also, for using their religion as a weapon to influence lives they have no right to control like homosexuals and women. I'm not telling you not to worship your God in the way you wish what I am asking you is to not remain as blind and broken as the Evangelical money making machine is.

I'm becoming happier that Christianity is modernizing because you can easily see how religion becomes like when it remains in complete control. Africa and the Middle East are prime examples.

And a hint of advice, the further you distance yourself from a man like this the more people will find you credible and not batshit insane.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
16-01-2013, 02:22 AM
OK, after reading Egor's posts on this thread (as well as others, too many others), I have to ask...

Egor, are you a poe?

OK, OK, if you are you won't admit it. But come on, you MUST be a poe. No real person can be this dense and this laughable at the same time. You're a poe, right?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post