Trying toFollow God's Will

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 2.14 Average
14-01-2013, 08:46 AM
RE: Trying toFollow God's Will
(14-01-2013 08:38 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Many people, including myself, would love to hear a mocking bird sing. Birds fascinate me.

As for the musings of a C-list character from a terrible 90's anime? Not so much... Tongue

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
14-01-2013, 08:57 AM
I wouldn't say that DBZ is terrible. It certainly had it's faults, but it wasn't terrible.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
14-01-2013, 09:07 AM
See? I told you he was going to flip-flop again soon. Jeez, you sure are a predictable and boring person, Ed.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
14-01-2013, 09:10 AM
(14-01-2013 09:07 AM)Vosur Wrote:  See? I told you he was going to flip-flop again soon. Jeez, Egor, you sure are a predictable and boring person.
Well, we had best pick up the phone you called.

14-01-2013, 11:24 AM
(13-01-2013 11:25 PM)Egor Wrote:  Over at TV, I've started something I swore I never would, a church. However, I honestly believe God wants me to start a Church of The Veridican. I think there has to be a place where people can come for spiritual support--atheists and theists alike.

It's going to take time to get it running properly. I think you can only argue the existence of God so much before you have to show people that you actually believe it--that in fact, you actually live it.

God didn't make me a Veridican to hide it.

But I've been feeling funny lately. I've been sick with a bad cold or flu and I'm doing much better now, but it's not that. I'm actually starting to feel the Holy Spirit in my life again, and that is making me regret that I waited so long to start doing what I'm doing. I had a statling revelation today, but I have nowhere to share it. I like debating atheists, don't get me wrong, but the debating is only part of the fight. The other part is replacing what's so terribly broken--the modern Christian Church. Because who can deny it is the leading cause of atheism today?
How do you expect to get much done there when you spend so much time here?

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
14-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Egor is a pretty established member here.

I had my doubts about his sincerity when we first met but that soon changed.

He doesn't hide anything. He is what he is. He is what he says he is. His facts check out.

Theologically, we don't agree, but he is the real deal.

I respect Ed. Not many people show this caliber of dedication to their cause.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
14-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Just how many causes have there been, though?

14-01-2013, 12:42 PM
(14-01-2013 12:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I respect Ed. Not many people show this caliber of dedication to their cause.

I have no respect for him anymore. I think his dedication has lead him to the edge of sanity, if not over the cliff. Not to mention that in his dedication he's flip-flopped more times than Mitt Romney.

But, you can't deny that he gets his ego boost by coming here. We can't help but talk about him. It's fascinating. Our relationship with him is like the relationship between a person and an anthill. You can't help but poke a stick at the ant hill and watch them swarm. The question is, are the the ants or the human? I think it changes from conversation to conversation.
[+] 4 users Like kineo's post
14-01-2013, 12:49 PM
(14-01-2013 12:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I respect Ed. Not many people show this caliber of dedication to their cause.

I respect you. You somehow manage to hang around a forum where literally everyone disagrees with you, and yet you don't debase yourself with hate-filled ramblings and death threats. Egor cannot be bothered with basic human civility. He seems to believe that being an unlikable snob and an incorrigible jerk are the best ways to communicate. And I cannot abide anyone who threatens to kill me.

He's not even dedicated to his cause because he changes his causes so often that I doubt that even he can keep it straight in his mind.

No, I don't find any reason to respect Egor.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 5 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
14-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Yes, what all of you are saying is correct.

Ed has flip-flopped a lot, but, even by self admittance, it's because he didn't want to accept what he felt like he truly was. He gets confused. He gets frustrated. But ultimately, he can't run away from what he believes and keeps going back to it.

As far as his hostility goes... this is something that has always grieved me about him. When he's not acting like a jerk, he's a really cool dude. I don't understand his method of conversing nor do I agree with it.

[Image: vjp09.gif]