Trying toFollow God's Will

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 2.14 Average
17-01-2013, 11:20 PM
RE: Trying toFollow God's Will
(17-01-2013 09:22 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  But I don't want to be on the surface of Egor.
I know I know, I know the answer to this one. You wanna be *inside* don't you ? Big Grin

hehehehehe

Bechased
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2013, 11:40 PM

(17-01-2013 02:08 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  So you are saying that your god is a sadist who gets off torturing people's apparently non-existence souls?

When God’s anger is expressed, perfect as it is, you really don’t want to be on the other end of it. As for souls, why would you think they don’t exist? You think don’t you? Consider

Quote:All the more reason not to follow it.

Yeah, good luck with that. Laughat

(17-01-2013 02:35 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  That's all there is: mystery. YOU'RE the speck on planet Earth who thinks it has solved the mysteries of the universe, god, creation, and existence.

But even if I got it wrong—that’s pretty amazing for just a speck. Don’t you think? Yes

Quote:And in only twenty years, and with only the gospels to guide you... such an accomplishment! YOU'RE the one who can't say "I don't know." You've stopped exploring, stopped looking in all the corners and different religions and ideas. I sometimes wonder if you've ever left the sandbox you started in.

What difference does it make, GN. Seriously, if I’m wrong and you’re right, then it really doesn’t matter what we think, does it? If atheism is true, it doesn’t matter because the truth doesn’t matter in that case. If I’m right, then your burning soul will light the highways of heaven. Think about it. Undecided

Quote:You're projecting. I'm in no such pit. Religion is a broken light switch. I flip it on and off, and nothing changes.

Maybe you aren’t flipping it correctly? Rolleyes

(17-01-2013 03:23 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Yet Egor, you are founder of yet another new religion.

Should you not elaborate on the fundamental truths you are yet to teach,based on
any claimed spiritual enligtenment.

WE are all waiting for THE GOOD NEWS. Drinking Beverage

It takes time to build a forum, and a religion, and protect it from atheists who want to destroy it before it’s born (hence my race to reserve facebook accounts, Wikipedia entries, and domain names.). Hmpfff. I’d like to see you try it. Drinking Beverage
Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2013, 11:44 PM
Pascal's fucking wager, Ego? Really? Lame.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 2 users Like Phaedrus's post
18-01-2013, 12:01 AM
(17-01-2013 11:40 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 02:08 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  So you are saying that your god is a sadist who gets off torturing people's apparently non-existence souls?

When God’s anger is expressed, perfect as it is, you really don’t want to be on the other end of it. As for souls, why would you think they don’t exist? You think don’t you? Consider
I question your assumption that souls exist. Do you have a reason to believe in a soul? Any sort of evidence to support that conclusion, or are you simply making an a priori assumption again?

I am not in the habit of making or accepting beliefs without evidence, or even a good supporting argument at the least.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
18-01-2013, 12:17 AM
(17-01-2013 11:40 PM)Egor Wrote:  It takes time to build a forum, and a religion, and protect it from atheists who want to destroy it before it’s born (hence my race to reserve facebook accounts, Wikipedia entries, and domain names.). Hmpfff. I’d like to see you try it. Drinking Beverage

Sorry, we're too busy watching you and every other religion to make sure you don't gain any more temporal power than you already have, so that you can't freely go about persecuting the next Galileo or Copernicus. You know, so we can keep making the awesome shit that you use, like Facebook and Wikipedia and the Internet... Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
18-01-2013, 12:43 AM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2013 12:49 AM by ShirubaDangan.)
Quote: We believe hell is a place of spiritual agony where souls are kept for the pleasure of God. We believe anyone not transforming into Christ at the time of death will go to hell.
So he is pleased with people writhing in agony? I will press on this point further by why should he find this acceptable? Why should he find this okay? Because in a perfect world in which most people would see that such places like this shouldn't exist. It'd be like saying you have the nicest house with garbage surrounding the entirety of it but this isn't what I want to address.

You believe that those who do not accept Christ will suffer there. Not get a lesser punishment because they never knew such a thing existed but suffer in a place with serial killers, rapists and pedophiles. Why? Because they simply did not know but shall be subjected into the same punishment as those who were evil. Those who were wrong. And punished to such an insane extent that nothing in a human life could even possibly create something so atrocious or horrific to receive as such.

Now, I do not know if you claim that this being is just. If you do claim such a thing you must realize the blatant hole in this way of thinking. Maybe you God can clarify and I understand you may use the same excuse as others by saying not to question God but if you do so you do not differentiate yourself from other religions which do the same(which even you seem to dislike).

I've always taken some of your points on and respected some of your opinions and hope you reply here. I simply want to know the truth and I hope you can understand that.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
18-01-2013, 01:46 AM
(17-01-2013 11:40 PM)Egor Wrote:  
Quote:Religion is a broken light switch. I flip it on and off, and nothing changes.

Maybe you aren’t flipping it correctly? Rolleyes

Oh, I am flipping it correctly. I'm flipping it off.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
18-01-2013, 02:30 AM

(17-01-2013 11:44 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Pascal's fucking wager, Ego? Really? Lame.

Lame? I don’t think so. No If there are two ways you can go: atheism vs. theism, it is better to go theism even if it’s wrong—because it offers some benefits whereas atheism offers nothing more than a devolution into sociopathic slugs.

(18-01-2013 12:01 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I question your assumption that souls exist. Do you have a reason to believe in a soul? Any sort of evidence to support that conclusion, or are you simply making an a priori assumption again?

Yes, the experience of precognition. Drinking Beverage

(18-01-2013 12:43 AM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  So he is pleased with people writhing in agony? I will press on this point further by why should he find this acceptable? Why should he find this okay? Because in a perfect world in which most people would see that such places like this shouldn't exist. It'd be like saying you have the nicest house with garbage surrounding the entirety of it but this isn't what I want to address.

I can’t figure out what you’re talking about so far. Unsure

Quote:You believe that those who do not accept Christ will suffer there. Not get a lesser punishment because they never knew such a thing existed but suffer in a place with serial killers, rapists and pedophiles.

Actually, it all depends on where the serial killers, pedophiles and rapists put their faith before they died. Those who do not accept Christ (and we can talk about what that means later) are guilty of a far worse sin. Yes

Quote:Why? Because they simply did not know but shall be subjected into the same punishment as those who were evil. Those who were wrong. And punished to such an insane extent that nothing in a human life could even possibly create something so atrocious or horrific to receive as such.

I've always taken some of your points on and respected some of your opinions and hope you reply here. I simply want to know the truth and I hope you can understand that.

I want you to know the truth as well, but you have to write more clearly. English is apparently your second language, yet you do very well with it. But it might be easier if you just asked a direct question and I could try to answer it, until I get used to how you express yourself, that is.

NOTE: By the way, I answered Mr. Woofs series of questions here:

http://www.veridican.org/forum/index.php?topic=76.0
Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2013, 02:42 AM
(18-01-2013 02:30 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 11:44 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Pascal's fucking wager, Ego? Really? Lame.
Lame? I don’t think so. No If there are two ways you can go: atheism vs. theism, it is better to go theism even if it’s wrong—because it offers some benefits whereas atheism offers nothing more than a devolution into sociopathic slugs.

If theism is *right*, in any one of the myriad forms that I've come across, it's still *more* moral to reject the small, stupid, vain and vengeful gods - including the Judeo-Christian God and his son Jesus.

And atheism doesn't imply sociopathy... that's something directly testable by the way, I wouldn't be surprised if some bunch of clowns hadn't tried to do such a study.
18-01-2013, 02:52 AM
Precognition Egor?

You mean those things that are likely created by selection Bias, where a person will only seem to remember vaguely accurate "predictions", and miraculously forgot dreams which had nothing to do with anything, or failed to predict anything?

Human beings are prone to misunderstanding, misinterpreting and biases due to their memory; a persons memory alone cannot be trusted to show something as true, false or even existent due the the glaringly obvious faults in human memory. Which is why eye witness testimony is seen as one of the most unreliable forms of evidence in institutions similar to criminal courts or sciences. Verification of ones memory is needed in order to be justified in belief.

Without evidence, or with little evidence, a belief is not justified, or less justified, than a belief grounded firmly in evidence, and you sir, have presented no evidence, not even an argument for the validity of your belief which was not riddled with fallacy during the entire time I have witnessed your presence on TTA, and I am sure others can verify that fact before my appearance, with evidence.

I asked for evidence, and you gave me a half a sentence based on opinion (an inadmissible form of evidence). As such. I will restate my question:

Do you have any sort of evidence to support you conclusions or an argument for the validity of your beliefs, or are you simply assuming a priori that you are correct?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post