Trying toFollow God's Will

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 2.14 Average
18-01-2013, 01:16 PM
RE: Trying toFollow God's Will
(18-01-2013 01:11 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(18-01-2013 02:52 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I asked for evidence, and you gave me a half a sentence based on opinion (an inadmissible form of evidence). As such. I will restate my question:

Do you have any sort of evidence to support you conclusions or an argument for the validity of your beliefs, or are you simply assuming a priori that you are correct?

After two decades of atheist vs. God debate, I have come to learn one thing about your type: you will reject all evidence. You will reject it because you want to be an atheist. It may be that you hate religion so much you can no longer see God. It may be that you want to engage in sinful behavior and so you want to avoid God, or it may be that you just don't want anyone telling you what to do--especially God. And because of your desire to be an atheist, you will dismiss any evidence to the contrary. And you know it. Dodgy
God is infallible apparently so atheism is part of his "divine plan" so you wanting to destroy it is actually going against gods will. Even if you believe it is Satan that is controlling us atheists, satan is part of god and it is all meant to be as is.

Stick that in your egotistical pipe and smoke it. Cool

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like bemore's post
18-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Will convert for evidence.

Evolve
[+] 5 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
18-01-2013, 01:20 PM

(18-01-2013 08:07 AM)Vosur Wrote:  That's precisely where you are wrong. There aren't two ways to go, there are tens of thousands of different ways you can go. It's not atheism vs theism, it's atheism vs Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Mormonism and every other religion that has ever existed in human history.

Specifically there may be, but this is a discussion with atheists and I'm keeping it narrowed to atheist vs. theist for now.

(17-01-2013 11:40 PM)Egor Wrote:  Yet another false dichotomy. Both atheists and you could be wrong. For example, if Islam is the true religion, both you and I are going to burn forever.

Islam is satanic. It's not different than atheism except in the spiritual color of it.

(18-01-2013 08:12 AM)Chas Wrote:  Also wrong about "devolution into sociopathic slugs".

A sociopathic human being is like a human being that is an untrained animal. Atheists have no moral foundation. Eventually, you will wake up to that and then realize the only thing holding you back from getting what you want is the Christian hangover you still have. Then you will devolve into a sociopathic, hedonistic slug. Only God gives character. You may have Character now, but that's because you aren't really looking at your atheism with eyes wide open.

(18-01-2013 10:14 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  What's sad is that Egor actually wants evil to happen. He wants all atheists to live immoral lives, so that his religion is validated. What kind of moral person wants people to do evil?

Every day you do good, you pee all over Egor's theory. Happy whizzing everyone!

What is it with bodily waste analogies? You go over to Raving atheists and they're all into feces (pun intended). I see this a lot with atheists. It's as if the lack of spiritual awareness has a kind of regression in your potty training. It's like without God, you suddenly find it fun again to play with your waste? Why is that? I'm just curious--it's seems to be a psychological trend with you all. Consider
Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2013, 01:26 PM
I hardly want to be an atheist, it is simply knowledge that I have acquired in my short time here on earth thus far, I didn't even know the term until a few years back. Just as my epistemological (that's the brand of philosophy dealing with knowledge) beliefs have changed and developed in recent years, as will my other philosophical beliefs, my reasoning is my own, and I shall develop them as I age, but for now, I think I have a solid base reasoning for not believing in god, souls or the boogyman or an impossible afterlife.

I simply asked for evidence or an argument (keep in mind, evidence by definition, must be verifiable), and you have attempted to dodge, not unlike a cat attempting to escape a dog whilst providing neither argument nor evidence. Instead you offer up a deflection in a blatant attempt to shift the conversation away, you sir, have just forfeited almost all your intellectual honesty, you've not even the apparent honesty or courage to say you assume you are correct A Priori.

all the more reason why you are a meme here, a joke, PCS. Or should that be PVS?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.[/align]
18-01-2013, 01:26 PM
(18-01-2013 01:20 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(18-01-2013 08:12 AM)Chas Wrote:  Also wrong about "devolution into sociopathic slugs".

A sociopathic human being is like a human being that is an untrained animal. Atheists have no moral foundation. Eventually, you will wake up to that and then realize the only thing holding you back from getting what you want is the Christian hangover you still have. Then you will devolve into a sociopathic, hedonistic slug. Only God gives character. You may have Character now, but that's because you aren't really looking at your atheism with eyes wide open.

Again, you assert things without evidence. I have a moral foundation and I would guess most atheists do.
I am looking at atheism with eyes wide open; I have looked into the existential abyss and found that I do not have to be swallowed by it.

Morals and ethics have an evolutionary basis and are further developed by reason. The morals and ethics of the Bible are mostly horrific.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
18-01-2013, 01:33 PM

(18-01-2013 01:16 PM)bemore Wrote:  God is infallible apparently so atheism is part of his "divine plan" so you wanting to destroy it is actually going against gods will. Even if you believe it is Satan that is controlling us atheists, satan is part of god and it is all meant to be as is.

Stick that in your egotistical pipe and smoke it. Cool

Given your analogy, we shouldn't wash the dirt off a potato.

You're not going to get this, but here goes: If you create something from your substance with the design of it evolving into a mirror image of you, so that you can narccistically look at it and enjoy it, then you have to give it freewill in some small part to either evolve or not. Otherwise you're just making a statue of yourself. But you can't make freewill without giving up some control to chaos. You don't get a shinny mirror to look into, unless you give that mirror the ultimate choice of dying to itself so it can become you.

This makes no sense to you, I know that. I don't fully understand it myself. But then we're not God. We don't live as the only existent thing with perfect infinite attributes. Our narcissism is not justifed as His is.

However, you will face this challenge (creating freewill beings) on your lucid spiritual plane after you die. Hell, stay in a lucid dream long enough and you'll face the challenge. I have (though I never was able to stay in the dream long enough to accomplish anything). So, this is something you need to grapple with in this life to prepare you for the next. If you're not thrown in hell that is--made into propane for paradise. Unsure
Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2013, 01:36 PM
pfft I'd like to see a person who can think once all their neurological activity ceases. (Because, you know, that's the definition of death; complete, irrecoverable cessation of all neurological activity)

Let alone dream.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.[/align]
18-01-2013, 01:39 PM
(18-01-2013 01:20 PM)Egor Wrote:  What is it with bodily waste analogies? You go over to Raving atheists and they're all into feces (pun intended). I see this a lot with atheists. It's as if the lack of spiritual awareness has a kind of regression in your potty training. It's like without God, you suddenly find it fun again to play with your waste? Why is that? I'm just curious--it's seems to be a psychological trend with you all. Consider
Sorry, I didn't know I was making lots of bodily waste references. I haven't visited raving atheists; I'll clean up my typing, so to speak. God had a thing for bodily waste, however, so don't go pinning that nonsense on us:

"And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight."
Ezekiel 4:12

It's funny that you keep claiming we ignore evidence. It's like you think you're the only one with 'evidence.' You're using the same arguments, the same logic, the same claims, as many other religions that came before you. You've got nothing new... why is your evidence special? Why should I give your 'evidence' a special pass when I've heard very strong arguments for Buddhism, Islam, and Calvinism? It's not that we ignore your evidence. I looked at it. I read all your claims. They were... searching for a non-bodily word... not the best arguments for a god I've ever read.
Islam claims the Koran is a miracle. You've refuted that? It's not our guide to the afterlife? I'd like to see how. Drinking Beverage

I'm not going to continue my quest for nirvana after I die? Why not? Drinking Beverage

You're not the first to have precognition and special dreams. You're not the first to call a feeling 'god.' Stand on the other side and absorb the fire-hose of 'evidence' coming for all the different belief systems of the world. I'm supposed to believe that today, just now, in the year 2013, we finally have the answers and they're coming from you?

You can't all be right. But you can all be wrong.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 3 users Like guitar_nut's post
18-01-2013, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2013 04:09 PM by Bucky Ball.)
"Will" and "god(s)" are both human constructs. Even humans actually, physically have no "will", strictly speaking, Neurologically.
If Islam is "Satanic" that would be interesting, as both they and most Christians claim their god is "Abrahamic", (which is of course false.) Yahweh, (the Hebrew god of the armies) was never the Islamic god, until they began to say he was, as they always did when they encountered a new culture's monotheistic god. There is no definition of god, that is generally agreed on, so it's a pleasant fiction. So doing an imaginary construct of an imaginary construct is foolishness squared. Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating Yogi, CAAT-LY.
Assistant Manager, Vice Detection, Whoville : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

18-01-2013, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2013 02:45 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(18-01-2013 01:33 PM)Egor Wrote:  You're not going to get this, but here goes: If you create something from your substance with the design of it evolving into a mirror image of you, so that you can narccistically look at it and enjoy it, then you have to give it freewill in some small part to either evolve or not. Otherwise you're just making a statue of yourself. But you can't make freewill without giving up some control to chaos. You don't get a shinny mirror to look into, unless you give that mirror the ultimate choice of dying to itself so it can become you.

This makes no sense to you, I know that. I don't fully understand it myself. But then we're not God. We don't live as the only existent thing with perfect infinite attributes. Our narcissism is not justifed as His is.

So, instead of presenting evidence, you play the 'Divine Mystery' card?

Fine, I call, and raise by playing the 'Epic Blasphemous Humor' card.

[Image: 024-Hypocrite-God.jpg]

Egor, you are just the latest in a LONG history of people who can't tell that the voice inside their head are just their own. One can only hope your movement dies before you do, and that your nonsense doesn't further set the human race back than it already has.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post