Tsarnaev gets death

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2015, 05:11 PM
RE: Tsarnaev gets death
Now we will hear about him...over and over again. As the appeals go on so will the press coverage.

On death row, he will be protected to an extent. But we will be subjected to seeing his face on media for years to come. The victims are going to have wounds torn open again and again.

Life in GenPop would have ended up a death sentence carried out much more quickly a la Jeffrey Dahmer.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
15-05-2015, 05:15 PM
(15-05-2015 02:32 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Still would rather pay big to get rid of him than pay to support his sorry ass life. For what he has done he doesn't deserve to live. Either way he is going to die and get what he wanted. I think punishment fits the crime. He will still have to live with what he has done for quite a while but I think a lethal injection death rather than old age is more fitting.

Why not just blow him up with a pressure cooker bomb? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
15-05-2015, 05:32 PM
(15-05-2015 05:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-05-2015 02:32 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Still would rather pay big to get rid of him than pay to support his sorry ass life. For what he has done he doesn't deserve to live. Either way he is going to die and get what he wanted. I think punishment fits the crime. He will still have to live with what he has done for quite a while but I think a lethal injection death rather than old age is more fitting.

I love it! IN fact, I will buy it, and apply copious amounts of lube, and then kick it up his ass until it fits, then light it off! Win!

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
15-05-2015, 05:47 PM
But... but... he WANTS to die. Why the fuck are we giving the bastard what he wants??? I'd rather keep him alive as a scientific object of study, psychologically evaluate him and whatnot. I actually support the idea of the death penalty for some, but not in this case.

I do hate how it ends up costing more, but in this particular case since he actually wants to die he'll probably waive the appeals. Sigh, at least that means we won't waste too much money on the bastard. Personally I'd like to know what drove him to do this though, mostly because I find criminal psychology fascinating, plus there's a minute chance it could help us prevent similar occurrences in the future. Kind of wish I could've be on the jury, I'd definitely be a lone voice though.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
15-05-2015, 07:01 PM
He will be the last victim of this terrorist attack. Sad.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
15-05-2015, 07:50 PM
I spent 40 years as a criminal defense attorney so it should be no surprise that I am adamantly opposed to the death penalty. We have made too many mistakes and we have executed a number of people who were later determined to be innocent, e.g, Cameron Todd Willingham. Moreover, since Furman vs Georiga we have released 138 prisoners from death row who were erroneously convicted and sentenced. Despite what Antonin Scalia says, we should have no faith whatsoever in our criminal justice system.

On the other hand, I don't how many of you, if any, have had the misfortune to be familiar with ADX Florence [Colorado] or ADX Marion [Illinois]. If sentenced to "life", Tsarnaev would do his sentence at one of these maximum security facilities. He would probably be sentenced to my back yard in Florence, Colorado. I have had clients sentenced to ADX Florence and I drive by that place whenever I hunt and fish in the San Luis Valley. [I don't even like driving by it.] That place is Hell. The prisoners live in almost complete isolation and I think they are allowed out of their little cells for a total of nine hours a week. Remember the johnny Cash song, "Folsom Prison Blues?" There is a line in there that goes, "I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when." If you are locked up in ADX Florence, that line describes your life. As I recall, there are two light bulbs in each cell and that is it for light. Even though the facility is out on the desert.

Florence and Marion were designed to be psychologically punishing and the typical prisoner does go crazy in a very short time. They have serious and dangerous mental health issues in the prisons. ACLU lawyers and defense lawyers often believe that the facilities themselves are a violation of the 8th Amendment. If I were sentenced to life in ADX Florence [the "ADX" is the federal designation for maximum security] I would be begging for someone to kill me. If not immediately, certainly within a month. The guards are the best trained in the world but they are trained to have NO HUMAN INTERACTION with the prisoners. The prisoners are supposed to feel completely abandoned and they do.

By the way, prisoners get 5 visitor's days a month. Visitors are allowed in for a maximum of 7 hours each visiting day. Family members quickly abandon their loved ones who are sentenced to Florence. Look it up on a map; it's out on the fuckin' Colorado desert where there is nothing but rattlesnakes, black widows, tarantulas, and an occasional coyote. But that's all right because you can't see outside to see them anyway. It's also not a place where mom wants to bring the kids very often to see old dad. The weather always sucks and even the most loyal wives quickly get tied down with children, etc. on visiting days. It's only about an hour and a half from my house and I often drive by it when I hunt and fish in the San Luis Valley. I have driven by it on visiting days when there have been only two visitor's cars at the gate. That sucks for 475 prisoners.
[+] 8 users Like Black Eagle's post
15-05-2015, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2015 08:03 PM by Minimalist.)
(15-05-2015 05:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Because we are supposed to be better than them?

This,

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nation...ife-prison

Quote:Many of the more than 400 inmates spend as much as 23 hours a day alone in 7-by-12-foot concrete cells. Meals are slid through small holes in the doors. Bed is a concrete slab dressed with a thin mattress and blankets.

A single window about 42 inches high and 4 inches wide allows some natural light but is made so prisoners cannot see beyond the building. Cells have unmovable stools and desks made of concrete. Solid walls prevent prisoners from seeing other cells or having direct contact with other inmates.

doesn't sound like a day at the beach.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
15-05-2015, 08:10 PM
(15-05-2015 07:57 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Because we are supposed to be better than them?

Yes, executing him with a pressure cooker would be a bit much, execution is not stooping to their level. They killed innocent people for religious reasons, we are killing him for the heinous acts of crime he performed, two totally different things, its not like we are executing him because he is not a Christian or because he is not an American so no we are not stooping to his level.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
15-05-2015, 08:13 PM
(15-05-2015 07:50 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I spent 40 years as a criminal defense attorney so it should be no surprise that I am adamantly opposed to the death penalty. We have made too many mistakes and we have executed a number of people who were later determined to be innocent, e.g, Cameron Todd Willingham. Moreover, since Furman vs Georiga we have released 138 prisoners from death row who were erroneously convicted and sentenced. Despite what Antonin Scalia says, we should have no faith whatsoever in our criminal justice system.

On the other hand, I don't how many of you, if any, have had the misfortune to be familiar with ADX Florence [Colorado] or ADX Marion [Illinois]. If sentenced to "life", Tsarnaev would do his sentence at one of these maximum security facilities. He would probably be sentenced to my back yard in Florence, Colorado. I have had clients sentenced to ADX Florence and I drive by that place whenever I hunt and fish in the San Luis Valley. [I don't even like driving by it.] That place is Hell. The prisoners live in almost complete isolation and I think they are allowed out of their little cells for a total of nine hours a week. Remember the johnny Cash song, "Folsom Prison Blues?" There is a line in there that goes, "I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when." If you are locked up in ADX Florence, that line describes your life. As I recall, there are two light bulbs in each cell and that is it for light. Even though the facility is out on the desert.

Florence and Marion were designed to be psychologically punishing and the typical prisoner does go crazy in a very short time. They have serious and dangerous mental health issues in the prisons. ACLU lawyers and defense lawyers often believe that the facilities themselves are a violation of the 8th Amendment. If I were sentenced to life in ADX Florence [the "ADX" is the federal designation for maximum security] I would be begging for someone to kill me. If not immediately, certainly within a month. The guards are the best trained in the world but they are trained to have NO HUMAN INTERACTION with the prisoners. The prisoners are supposed to feel completely abandoned and they do.

By the way, prisoners get 5 visitor's days a month. Visitors are allowed in for a maximum of 7 hours each visiting day. Family members quickly abandon their loved ones who are sentenced to Florence. Look it up on a map; it's out on the fuckin' Colorado desert where there is nothing but rattlesnakes, black widows, tarantulas, and an occasional coyote. But that's all right because you can't see outside to see them anyway. It's also not a place where mom wants to bring the kids very often to see old dad. The weather always sucks and even the most loyal wives quickly get tied down with children, etc. on visiting days. It's only about an hour and a half from my house and I often drive by it when I hunt and fish in the San Luis Valley. I have driven by it on visiting days when there have been only two visitor's cars at the gate. That sucks for 475 prisoners.

I get what you are saying. Sucks to be him.

Also sucks to be the people who lost family and friends due to the explosions. And sucks too for the ones that lived but lost limbs and/or quality of life. Sorry but my sympathy is with them. His act was planned...they were truly innocent of any wrong-doing yet will still suffer for a lifetime.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-05-2015, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2015 09:51 PM by DLJ.)
Note: threads merged pretend this in green and carry on.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces