Ttrump refuses to release tax returns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2017, 01:19 AM
RE: Ttrump refuses to release tax returns
(22-01-2017 09:12 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And -- I kind of doubt there's anything illegal about his filings.

While we haven't seen his stuff -- the IRS has.

And they love making examples out of high profile people.

I'm sure if he was cheating the IRS would put his head up on a pole for all to see.

I agree. There's nothing the IRS loves more than frying a really big fish. So no, there won't be anything in the filing that is illegal in terms of tax law. His accountants will have stuck to the letter on that.

But there is so much that is damning that doesn't break tax law. Much of it wouldn't even be illegal. Some of it might even be laudable to some of us. For instance, imagine if he had a pesky little receipt from Planned Parenthood. Perfectly legal as far as the IRS is concerned and the Democrats can hardly cry foul except to point it out to his Evangelical followers who would colllectively lose their shit in a truly Biblical fashion. I don't believe that's what's actually in there but only because the only charity that Donald Trump has ever given to is Donald Trump.

What we do know is that whatever is in their is more damning than not releasing them. That much of the math is obvious. You simply don't hand your opponents this sort of ammunition without damned good cause.

You also know that the IRS owns Donald Trump. Them and everybody else who has ever seen those taxes. All it would take is one little leak that would be so damnably difficult to trace given all the agents and accountants who must have handled those files by now. Remember the trouble that one page of one returned caused you during the campaign? Be a good little finger puppet or the rest get mailed to WikiLeaks.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
23-01-2017, 07:02 AM
(22-01-2017 09:02 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I've said it before.

It's a no-lose situation for him. He isn't required to by law.

I'm guessing he figures it'll give his detractors something to chew on, that isn't going to hurt him any..

Fact is -- it it shows he's crooked -- it won't change anybody's feelings about him.

The people who think he's a buffoon will continue to think he's a buffoon......

The returns won't change opinions about the puppet, but until the returns are released, we have no way of knowing which of his decisions are "for the good of the American people" and which are simply aimed at increasing puppet's family profit. He also has a long history of boasting that HE always walks away with money from a deal, and that his only concern when deal-making is himself.

I doubt the returns will show anything illegal.

What they will show:

- puppet's boasts about his business size and profitability were lies.
- puppet's assertions that he has no financial ties to Russia were even bigger lies.
- puppet owes money all over the world, and thus, his conflicts of interest are even bigger than people suspected
- puppet's assertions about his charitable donations were lies

Day #4 of the kleptocracy.
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
23-01-2017, 10:45 AM
I'm really surprised Trump isn't claiming that he already released them by now. Bald-faced lies really seem to be his thing.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
23-01-2017, 11:01 AM
(23-01-2017 10:45 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I'm really surprised Trump isn't claiming that he already released them by now. Bald-faced lies really seem to be his thing.

He never lies. He shapes reality.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
23-01-2017, 11:11 AM
(23-01-2017 10:45 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I'm really surprised Trump isn't claiming that he already released them by now. Bald-faced lies really seem to be his thing.

Is it bald-faced lies or bold-faced lies? I thought it was "bold". Anyway, trump has been such a liar throughout his life that his aides and cabinet personnel either have also been liars all their lives or they quickly learn to lie like it's a second language.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
23-01-2017, 11:14 AM
(23-01-2017 11:01 AM)Dom Wrote:  He never lies. He shapes reality.
Until someone points out that he didn't. Then he Tweets his annoyance.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
23-01-2017, 11:15 AM
(23-01-2017 11:11 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Is it bald-faced lies or bold-faced lies? I thought it was "bold".

Etymology is sort of a hobby - perhaps just an interest - of mine.

Regardless, both "bald" and "bold" are equally acceptable. The original term was actually "barefaced". Neato source: http://mentalfloss.com/article/57985/it-...-faced-lie

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress...
[+] 4 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
23-01-2017, 11:16 AM
(23-01-2017 11:11 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Is it bald-faced lies or bold-faced lies? I thought it was "bold". Anyway, trump has been such a liar throughout his life that his aides and cabinet personnel either have also been liars all their lives or they quickly learn to lie like it's a second language.
Bald and bold are both correct.

One expects lying from politicians, but these people give the "lying politician" a whole new connotation.

ETA:
Ha! Heath_Tierney was faster!

[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post
23-01-2017, 11:27 AM
(23-01-2017 11:16 AM)Impulse Wrote:  ETA:
Ha! Heath_Tierney was faster!

Great minds, etc etc. Cool
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
23-01-2017, 03:10 PM
KellyAnne Conway sent out a clarification tweet saying that she didn't mean he would NEVER release his tax return, she just meant RIGHT NOW the answer is still NO.

“On taxes, answers (& repeated questions) are same from campaign: POTUS is under audit and will not release until that is completed."

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]