Ttrump refuses to release tax returns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2017, 03:37 PM
RE: Ttrump refuses to release tax returns
(23-01-2017 03:10 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  KellyAnne Conway sent out a clarification tweet saying that she didn't mean he would NEVER release his tax return, she just meant RIGHT NOW the answer is still NO.

“On taxes, answers (& repeated questions) are same from campaign: POTUS is under audit and will not release until that is completed."

More lies from the White House. From the number of people at the inauguration to the number of viewers on TV, the "alternative facts" just keep on coming.

Conway was abundantly clear on Sunday morning. This is her verbatim quote:

"The White House response is that he’s not going to release the tax returns."
(emphasis added for clarity)

There is no mention of the audit, and the IRS rules are clear: he can release his tax information at any time, even when it is under audit. Source: IRS: Nothing prevents Trump from releasing tax returns

He may as well. They're going to get leaked anyway (some of them already have). Better to own up to it and manage the story rather than continue to engage in "alternative facts."

Besides, there's no indication or accusation that he's done anything illegal. If he wrote off some income based on GAAP and saved taxes that way, fine. Those are the rules and if he's played within them there's nothing wrong with that. Any astute business person would do the same.

So what's he hiding?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2017, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 23-01-2017 03:50 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(23-01-2017 03:37 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 03:10 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  KellyAnne Conway sent out a clarification tweet saying that she didn't mean he would NEVER release his tax return, she just meant RIGHT NOW the answer is still NO.

“On taxes, answers (& repeated questions) are same from campaign: POTUS is under audit and will not release until that is completed."

More lies from the White House. From the number of people at the inauguration to the number of viewers on TV, the "alternative facts" just keep on coming.

There is no mention of the audit, and the IRS rules are clear: he can release his tax information at any time, even when it is under audit. Source: IRS: Nothing prevents Trump from releasing tax returns

He may as well. They're going to get leaked anyway (some of them already have). Better to own up to it and manage the story rather than continue to engage in "alternative facts."

Besides, there's no indication or accusation that he's done anything illegal. If he wrote off some income based on GAAP and saved taxes that way, fine. Those are the rules and if he's played within them there's nothing wrong with that. Any astute business person would do the same.

So what's he hiding?

Right. He is not going to release his tax returns. Notice the lack of the words never or ever.

IRS rules? Who cares what the IRS says? Trump has never claimed IRS rules prevent him from releasing them. He has said repeatedly "My lawyer has advised me not to release under audit."

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
23-01-2017, 04:00 PM
(23-01-2017 03:46 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 03:37 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  More lies from the White House. From the number of people at the inauguration to the number of viewers on TV, the "alternative facts" just keep on coming.

So what's he hiding?

Right. He is not going to release his tax returns. Notice the lack of the words never or ever.

IRS rules? Who cares what the IRS says? Trump has never claimed IRS rules prevent him from releasing them. He has said repeatedly "My lawyer has advised me not to release under audit."

Nixon released his under audit while he was president. Trump's lawyer is trying to keep his client out of hot water. If I had nothing to hide on my taxes I'd release them so fast it'd make your head spin.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
23-01-2017, 04:19 PM
(23-01-2017 03:46 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump has never claimed IRS rules prevent him from releasing them. He has said repeatedly "My lawyer has advised me not to release under audit."

Alternative truth.

Here's his quote from a Republican debate from Feb 26, 2016:

"I'm being audited now for two or three years, so I can't do it [release returns] until the audit is finished, obviously. And I think people would understand that." Source: Trump says he can't release tax returns because of audits

VP Pence, by the way, released his returns without fanfare, nothing untoward was found.

Again, to be clear: there is NO indication that Trump has been involved in any illegal tax shenanigans.

The correct answer is, "Yes, Trump should release his tax returns to prove transparency and show, in dollars and cents, that he's a good businessman."
23-01-2017, 04:24 PM
(23-01-2017 04:19 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 03:46 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump has never claimed IRS rules prevent him from releasing them. He has said repeatedly "My lawyer has advised me not to release under audit."

Alternative truth.

"I'm being audited now for two or three years, so I can't do it [release returns] until the audit is finished, obviously. And I think people would understand that." Source: Trump says he can't release tax returns because of audits

VP Pence, by the way, released his returns without fanfare, nothing untoward was found.

Again, to be clear: there is NO indication that Trump has been involved in any illegal tax shenanigans.

The correct answer is, "Yes, Trump should release his tax returns to prove transparency and show, in dollars and cents, that he's a good businessman."

From your article "You're in the midst of negotiating and talking to the IRS ... Your lawyers would never allow you to do that."

He has always used the lawyer explanation. Maybe some lawyers are fine with it. His aren't. Different lawyers give different advice.

23-01-2017, 04:42 PM
(23-01-2017 04:24 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 04:19 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Alternative truth.

From your article "You're in the midst of negotiating and talking to the IRS ... Your lawyers would never allow you to do that."

He has always used the lawyer explanation. Maybe some lawyers are fine with it. His aren't. Different lawyers give different advice.

You remind me of a Christian who is just starting to realize there is no God.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-01-2017, 05:11 PM
Drumpf has already proved himself an inveterate liar and perjurer. Plus he already has two criminal convictions, with another two cases pending.

In 2013, his charitable foundation violated tax laws by giving a $25,000 political contribution to a campaign group connected to Florida’s attorney general, Pamela Bondi—apparently as a direct result of her office receiving at 22 fraud complaints against Trump University. As a registered nonprofit, the Trump Foundation was not allowed to make any political donations. Drumpf paid a $2,500 fine levied by the IRS.

Drumpf was sued by the federal government for housing discrimination in 1973 for refusing to rent properties to blacks. He lost the case, signed a Justice Department consent decree, and was forced to desegregate thee properties. Drumpf later violated this decree. (This incident is an obvious precursor of the orange grub's current racist attitude.)

There's also a detailed account HERE of how the "charitable" Trump Foundation flouts the IRS rules.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
23-01-2017, 05:22 PM
(23-01-2017 05:11 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Drumpf has already proved himself an inveterate liar and perjurer. Plus he already has two criminal convictions, with another two cases pending.

In 2013, his charitable foundation violated tax laws by giving a $25,000 political contribution to a campaign group connected to Florida’s attorney general, Pamela Bondi—apparently as a direct result of her office receiving at 22 fraud complaints against Trump University. As a registered nonprofit, the Trump Foundation was not allowed to make any political donations. Drumpf paid a $2,500 fine levied by the IRS.

Drumpf was sued by the federal government for housing discrimination in 1973 for refusing to rent properties to blacks. He lost the case, signed a Justice Department consent decree, and was forced to desegregate thee properties. Drumpf later violated this decree. (This incident is an obvious precursor of the orange grub's current racist attitude.)

There's also a detailed account HERE of how the "charitable" Trump Foundation flouts the IRS rules.

Maybe your definition of "criminal convictions" is different from ours.

In America, a criminal conviction is that which would leave you with a criminal record. A misdemeanor or felony.

Trump has never been convicted by a criminal court. He has a clean criminal history.

A tax violation can be a criminal act, or it can be considered negligence and result in a fine.

Same with Trump university. It is a civil lawsuit, not a criminal case.

Please learn the difference.

23-01-2017, 05:37 PM
True, Trump has not yet been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony (AFAIK).

But his scandal sheet is long and growing by the minute. Source: The Many Scandals of Donald Trump: A Cheat Sheet

But it's not this level of scandal that will be his downfall. It will be his abrogation of the emoluments clause and/or his ties to Russia. Sources: Here's Why Donald Trump Is Getting Sued By a Financial Ethics Watchdog and Donald Trump’s Many, Many, Many, Many Ties to Russia

Funny how Bill Clinton was impeached for a blowjob, but DJT can run afoul of the constitution and have confirmed ties to an enemy state and the right-wing still (for the time being) supports him.

How much lower can the Republicans get?
23-01-2017, 05:54 PM
(23-01-2017 05:37 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  True, Trump has not yet been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony (AFAIK).

But his scandal sheet is long and growing by the minute. Source: The Many Scandals of Donald Trump: A Cheat Sheet

But it's not this level of scandal that will be his downfall. It will be his abrogation of the emoluments clause and/or his ties to Russia. Sources: Here's Why Donald Trump Is Getting Sued By a Financial Ethics Watchdog and Donald Trump’s Many, Many, Many, Many Ties to Russia

Funny how Bill Clinton was impeached for a blowjob, but DJT can run afoul of the constitution and have confirmed ties to an enemy state and the right-wing still (for the time being) supports him.

How much lower can the Republicans get?

Businesses get sued. Money grubbers. Liars looking for a payday. Mistakes by subordinates. It happens. That's why it's a civil court thing. You pay a fine to the government or the person that was wronged or both.

Russia is not our direct enemy. Many American companies do business there. Ford makes and sells trucks in Russia. Is the Ford CEO a traitor? Starbucks has coffee shops in Russia. Is Howard Schultz a criminal? Amazon? Pepsi? General Electric? McDonalds? I could go on.

Almost every American billionaire has ties to Russia. It's all nonsense.