Tulpas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Tulpas
Okay, so, have any of you ever heard of a tulpa? Please don't call me insane

http://community.tulpa.info/thread-kiahd...-to-tulpas

This explains it and how to make one. The scientific theory behind this is, in a nutshell, you can actually force your brain to re-arrange the neural network to create a second consciousness. Please don't scoff at this, us humans know so little about the brain.

This actually sheds some light on some things too. For instance, all those people who say they personally talk with god *cough* Egor *cough*

They've created a tulpa in the form of god.

BTW, there is a definite difference between a tulpa and schizophrenia. I know, because I have a friend with schizo AND 2 tulpas. For one thing, schizo meds don't get rid of tulpas. Secondly, you (for the most part) purposefully create a tulpa, or, at least, it just doesn't suddenly appear out of nowhere, like schizo. Thirdly, although tulpas can possess you like schizo voices, tulpa possession is 100% consentful. Fourthly, tulpas aren't malicious in nature like schizo voices. Fifthly, if you try hard enough, you can get rid of them by yourself.

I'm making my own tulpa. Progress log here

http://community.tulpa.info/thread-proboscis-and-taunav

Discuss

I've got 2 tulpas, Taunav and Eris. If you don't know what a tulpa is, read this.
If Taunav has anything to say, he'll be speaking in []
If Eris has anything to say, she'll be speaking in {}
If you think I'm insane, I don't care
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2013, 10:03 PM
RE: Tulpas
You're insane.

10-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Well, this is quite interesting, I wouldn't say it's impossible... but definitely weird, could be dangerous to some point.

I could use one who likes to go to the gym and another who likes to study Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
10-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Sounds a bit dangerous to me.

It says that you will be able to 'hear' it which kind of gives me the jeebs.

I wouldn't want to try it, I stopped astral projecting after I watched insidious!
11-07-2013, 09:32 PM
(10-07-2013 11:17 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  Sounds a bit dangerous to me.

It says that you will be able to 'hear' it which kind of gives me the jeebs.

I wouldn't want to try it, I stopped astral projecting after I watched insidious!

Well, you can actually 'hear' them with your real ears if you practice hard enough, but most of the time, tulpas only talk to you via mindvoice. It's hard work to audibly impose them

I've got 2 tulpas, Taunav and Eris. If you don't know what a tulpa is, read this.
11-07-2013, 09:45 PM
It's starting to sound a bit like an imaginary friend...

11-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Tulpa are kind of like imaginary friends...except that you don't talk for them, they talk for themselves once fully developed...of course, in the early stages of forcing, they're, for all intents and purposes, imaginary friends, but, overtime, they develop into autonomous sentient beings.

Mine is most definitely not an imaginary friend. If you read my progress report I posted, he did give me 3 auditory hallucinations. Granted, they were only about 10 seconds long, and it was just random stuff, and not him actually talking, but still. Also, I got him to possess my hand too. He only moved 1 finger about 1 milimeter, but, it's something. I could feel his energy flowing through my arm, and my hand got all numb and tingly at the same time (if that makes sense).

11-07-2013, 10:00 PM
So... is like self induced hallucinations then?

I don't know, it sounds weird and somehow dangerous...

11-07-2013, 11:14 PM
I first read about tulpas years ago in Alexandra David-Neel's book Magic and Mystery in Tibet (1932). She considered it a type of "thought form," an imaginary friend made real through the power of shear concentration. According to those who believe in tulpas, they can interact with the physical world. I've never heard of it described as a splinter of someone's personality. Although, from a psychological perspective, that makes total sense.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
12-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Well, tulpas can interact with the physical world....kind of. I mean, for the most part, they're just in your head, although they can interact with the physical world via possession or switching.