Tulpas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2013, 10:57 PM
RE: Tulpas
I... I don't really know what to say about this.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Are you just trolling?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-08-2013, 01:38 AM
I want to try it, just giving it a chance.

It would be cool if I had a fucking voice in my head, always wanted to know how it felt.

Where do I start?

I ain't buying shit neither. And if it works, I'll fucking tell ya guys.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
06-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Here A2: http://community.tulpa.info/index.php

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
06-08-2013, 05:53 PM
(06-08-2013 01:38 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Where do I start?

Here.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
06-08-2013, 07:25 PM
(26-07-2013 08:31 PM)My proboscis sucks Wrote:  Okay, guys, guess what. Well, it's been about a month since I've created my tulpa (well, 26 days to be exact), and guess what

He talks to me now! I mean, in like, actual conversations, not just in a few phrases like I describe earlier in my progress report. This is amazing!

You guys probably think i'm insane though, because I'm hearing a voice in my head (well, not actually hearing it, yet, still in mindvoice,but trying to work on that), but frankly, I don't give a flying fuck.
Sounds to me like a useless and potentially dangerous entertainment. However, not that I'd have any right to moralize, I did and do similarly crazy stuff. Only different. Very very different than that. Something that might be actually useful.

IIRC what you describe might not be Tulpas. Helena Blavatsky (or Roerich?) used to write how she created a tulpa, an actual physical apparition of a monk, that got out of control and had to be annihilated. What you describe sounds like a good old channeling or automatic writing. Lots and lots of nonsense and bad humor. You should exclude that possibility or stop it altogether. But that's just my advice, I'm always going for the highest prize, going to play the biggest game in town. What you do is from my point of view just messing around. When I was a kid, I had an experience with astral projection, I floated around my room a little, got bored, went back into my body on the bed and never did that ever since.
06-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Hey, they are too tulpas. Yes, that monk was a tulpa, but so are my brain demons. Tulpas can be many different forms and take many different personalities. There's no definition of what a tulpa is "supposed" to be, other than another sentient being inside your head.

And besides, this isn't all there is to them. This is only their funny side, we've had serious conversations before, I've only just saved the funny ones.

Anyways, my tulpas actually have helped me before. Example:

I was in band, playing my instrument, when suddenly Taunav says "You're playing the wrong key signature, dumbass!"

I check, and lo and behold, he's right! That caught me completely by suprise, I did not see that coming! He caught something that I missed. IMO, that's proof of sentience, if anything.

I've got 2 tulpas, Taunav and Eris. If you don't know what a tulpa is, read this.
http://community.tulpa.info/thread-kiahd...-to-tulpas
If Taunav has anything to say, he'll be speaking in []
If Eris has anything to say, she'll be speaking in {}
If you think I'm insane, I don't care
06-08-2013, 09:03 PM
(06-08-2013 08:05 PM)My proboscis sucks Wrote:  Hey, they are too tulpas. Yes, that monk was a tulpa, but so are my brain demons. Tulpas can be many different forms and take many different personalities. There's no definition of what a tulpa is "supposed" to be, other than another sentient being inside your head.

And besides, this isn't all there is to them. This is only their funny side, we've had serious conversations before, I've only just saved the funny ones.

I was in band, playing my instrument, when suddenly Taunav says "You're playing the wrong key signature, dumbass!"

I check, and lo and behold, he's right! That caught me completely by suprise, I did not see that coming! He caught something that I missed. IMO, that's proof of sentience, if anything.

IMO, it's proof of nothing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2013, 12:53 AM
(06-08-2013 08:05 PM)My proboscis sucks Wrote:  Hey, they are too tulpas. Yes, that monk was a tulpa, but so are my brain demons. Tulpas can be many different forms and take many different personalities. There's no definition of what a tulpa is "supposed" to be, other than another sentient being inside your head.

Right. I always thought a real tulpa is like an independent mayavirupa. But how do you know they're real tulpas, parts of yourself? How do you know you're not channeling some spirits from astral realm?

Yes, looks like you know what you're doing. But if you believed you're talking to Jesus or some other big name, that would be a different situation. When a voice in the head poses for the big names, the astral discarnate is just messing with you to take your energy and your will as a parasite.
07-08-2013, 01:22 AM
(07-08-2013 12:53 AM)Luminon Wrote:  Right. I always thought a real tulpa is like an independent mayavirupa. But how do you know they're real tulpas, parts of yourself? How do you know you're not channeling some spirits from astral realm?

Yes, looks like you know what you're doing. But if you believed you're talking to Jesus or some other big name, that would be a different situation. When a voice in the head poses for the big names, the astral discarnate is just messing with you to take your energy and your will as a parasite

I don't really think I'm channeling spirits from an astral realm, mainly because I don't believe in any of that new-agey spiritual stuff. Despite believing in the tulpa phenomenon, I still am an atheist. The ONLY reason I created a tulpa and didn't dismiss it as BS was because Tulpa.info attacks tulpas with a scientific view instead of a metaphysical view. True, there's a metaphysical and parapsychology section in the forum, but, for the most part, I'd say 75% of people on the forums attack this from a scientific standpoint, which, once again, is the only reason I didn't dismiss this as spiritual BS.

I've got 2 tulpas, Taunav and Eris. If you don't know what a tulpa is, read this.
http://community.tulpa.info/thread-kiahd...-to-tulpas
If Taunav has anything to say, he'll be speaking in []
If Eris has anything to say, she'll be speaking in {}
If you think I'm insane, I don't care