Tulpas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2013, 05:05 AM
RE: Tulpas
Here is my theory: these voices are just split personalities. I think every one is born with split personalities,but most of the time the other personalities are not really developed.
And your exercising is just developing your other personalities,and religious folk claiming to have a relationship with jesus developed them by praying(talking to yourself)
second,why would anything that is as cool as you say be called a tulpa?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2013, 06:31 AM
(07-08-2013 12:53 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(06-08-2013 08:05 PM)My proboscis sucks Wrote:  Hey, they are too tulpas. Yes, that monk was a tulpa, but so are my brain demons. Tulpas can be many different forms and take many different personalities. There's no definition of what a tulpa is "supposed" to be, other than another sentient being inside your head.

And besides, this isn't all there is to them. This is only their funny side, we've had serious conversations before, I've only just saved the funny ones.

Anyways, my tulpas actually have helped me before. Example:

I was in band, playing my instrument, when suddenly Taunav says "You're playing the wrong key signature, dumbass!"

I check, and lo and behold, he's right! That caught me completely by suprise, I did not see that coming! He caught something that I missed. IMO, that's proof of sentience, if anything.
Right. I always thought a real tulpa is like an independent mayavirupa. But how do you know they're real tulpas, parts of yourself? How do you know you're not channeling some spirits from astral realm?

Yes, looks like you know what you're doing. But if you believed you're talking to Jesus or some other big name, that would be a different situation. When a voice in the head poses for the big names, the astral discarnate is just messing with you to take your energy and your will as a parasite.

Congratulations. I believe you just set a new woo density record.
There is more woo per sentence than you have ever expressed heretofore.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-08-2013, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2013 03:04 PM by Luminon.)
(07-08-2013 01:22 AM)My proboscis sucks Wrote:  I don't really think I'm channeling spirits from an astral realm, mainly because I don't believe in any of that new-agey spiritual stuff. Despite believing in the tulpa phenomenon, I still am an atheist. The ONLY reason I created a tulpa and didn't dismiss it as BS was because Tulpa.info attacks tulpas with a scientific view instead of a metaphysical view. True, there's a metaphysical and parapsychology section in the forum, but, for the most part, I'd say 75% of people on the forums attack this from a scientific standpoint, which, once again, is the only reason I didn't dismiss this as spiritual BS.

Well, if scientific view is all that it takes, then spiritual stuff can be seen scientifically too! I have long wondered how to describe the spiritual mechanics and I must say, the plasma dynamics is the answer. So what do you think? Wink
http://www.darkplasmatheory.blogspot.cz/

(07-08-2013 06:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  Congratulations. I believe you just set a new woo density record.
There is more woo per sentence than you have ever expressed heretofore.
This is how I think, I can think about things in multiple ways. Atheism and skepticism is just another acquired skill.
It's more of a compliment, I try to speak in every person's own language. I can speak Christianese as well. You know the drill, speak the person's language, gain trust, introduce new concepts from within and gently lead them to reason... Tongue
I just made a mistake, didn't realize MPS is a skeptical atheist, didn't look like it at first.
11-08-2013, 06:46 AM
It's okay for me Proboscis, that is as long you are the boss. If not, well...

[Image: 9f6.gif]
14-08-2013, 08:18 AM
(10-07-2013 09:22 PM)My proboscis sucks Wrote:  Please don't call me insane

(10-07-2013 10:03 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  You're insane.

Nothing like atheist compassion. Dodgy

But the whole idea is Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-08-2013, 08:42 PM
(15-08-2013 02:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  My social right brain hemisphere says it is the social thing to do to post one's photo. Better late than never. My anti-social left hemisphere wonders if there will be any noticeable response from the social world. So I do it for you, social brain. Keep growing.

This post in a different thread from Luminon got me thinking. If we eliminate or throttle the enterprise bus between the left and right hemispheres of the brain, the communications bridge, the corpus collosum. And both hemispheres are still perfectly functional, they are both tulpas. Subconscious coordination has been cut off, conscious reconciliation is required.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
16-08-2013, 03:20 AM
(15-08-2013 08:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-08-2013 02:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  My social right brain hemisphere says it is the social thing to do to post one's photo. Better late than never. My anti-social left hemisphere wonders if there will be any noticeable response from the social world. So I do it for you, social brain. Keep growing.

This post in a different thread from Luminon got me thinking. If we eliminate or throttle the enterprise bus between the left and right hemispheres of the brain, the communications bridge, the corpus collosum. And both hemispheres are still perfectly functional, they are both tulpas. Subconscious coordination has been cut off, conscious reconciliation is required.
It was more of a private joke. I'm not sure if it my corpus callosum is the problem, or the right hemisphere, or probably both.

The first time I noticed this phenomenon was, when I got drunk several times - my drunk self if much different from my common self. Just like Dr. Jekyll and Hyde, except Mr Hyde is my normal. I'm much nicer drunk. It makes conscious how much impulses for spontaneity and caring is there. Normally they're not strong enough to notice or follow. I am like a citizen of banana republic with my own dictator and censor, General Brain. When I get drunk, it's not me who gets drunk, it's General Brain and I am free for a while. Normally I don't do things, I need a reason for them. I need to fill out a goddamn form paper and state all the pertinent reasons why should I get up and do something, meet someone or say something and let General Brain approve it. Impaired executive function, they call it. Things like social reasons (what?) get rejected by default by the bureau. My republic doesn't import social media, only scientific and technical literature. General Brain makes sure of that, his propaganda says, that the citizens in His republic (namely me) have no interest in other people for themselves. His citizens (namely me), propaganda says, always have a technical reason to be where they are, or they have no business of being there, just hanging out, having a small talk. They (namely me) can however show an immense creativity and effort, channeled into the rare few ideologically approved personal folk traditions permitted by Our Leader General Brain. In medical autistic literature these traditions are known as "obsessive interests". No, they're scribblings on the prison wall. They are surrogate love affairs.
Reconcilliation? If you think so. If I can't get a revolution.

Another thing I've noticed, recently when I talk to some people, I get a feeling like I should say something more. So I try to do that, when I can figure out what to say. It's difficult, because there is absolutely no reason for it. No logical reason, it's like an art. Something extra for an extra effort for no reason. Who right in their mind would do an art in daily life? So I realize, "ah, shit, I was supposed to ask about the lady, how she's doing in retirement! That would share the feeling of socialness! The voice tone, face and body language was good, there was some message, but I needed to be more specific!"

There's a reason. Think I'm full of crap all you want, but you'd hardly believe the amounts of meditation I'm doing. Not just any meditation, but fairly exotic kinds of Kundalini Yoga and Laya Yoga. This is not the easy relaxation stuff, this is messing with nerve system, including things like prolonged periods of breathing with both nostrils at once, which is supposed to be an autonomous function. You would not believe me, because the parts I feel I am messing with are mostly not medically charted. There is some messing with the spine (sushumna), hypophysis and even epiphysis, but most of the messing about are the two big channels - ida, pingala and a dozen of smaller meridians all over. Also most major endocrine glands, including adrenals.

It is like a workout, like working out a cramp, like trying to pressurize a limp garden hose that is running along my back, neck and all over my head, all over my brain hemisphere, on my forehead. And a good workout can take all day, pressurizing the meridian properly, the left side, the right side, and when both ida and pingala are working simultaneously, that is a real buzz. Then I feel like Buddha at Krishna's acid party. Sometimes the central channel joins in, but that's rare yet.

There are people like Itzak Bentov of Lee Sannella claiming, that this Kundalini energy meditation stuff can re-wire neurology. Well, it certainly feels like that and I'm sort of counting on it. Is it dangerous? You bet! I went through about 3 years of frequent headaches! But I'm careful now, I know what to do.
I was born with Asperger's and I don't want to live like that. I don't want to be forever the one dissident in General Brain's republic. I did hell a lot to find out what's wrong with me and now I can't live without doing something about it. Let's see how far I can stretch the definition of neuroplasticity.
16-08-2013, 09:08 AM

[Image: 9f6.gif]
16-08-2013, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2013 09:25 AM by Chas.)
Watching this descent into delusion is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
16-08-2013, 09:12 AM
(16-08-2013 09:08 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  

... this is my signature!