Tulpas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2013, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2013 12:06 PM by ridethespiral.)
RE: Tulpas
(16-08-2013 09:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  Watching this descent into delusion is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

We've got an OP who is either actively trying to become schizophrenic or did way too much acid... or both.... and Lumi who appears to still be tripping balls.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ridethespiral's post
16-08-2013, 11:15 AM
(16-08-2013 09:58 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(16-08-2013 09:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  Watching this descent into delusion is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

We've got an OP who is actively either trying to become schizophrenic or did way too much acid... or both.... and Lumi who appears to still be tripping balls.

Ride, your sig is giving me a headache and causing me to avoid reading your posts. Which is a shame, I like your posts. Actually, that kind of flashing can cause a seizure in some people.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
16-08-2013, 12:08 PM
(16-08-2013 11:15 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(16-08-2013 09:58 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  We've got an OP who is actively either trying to become schizophrenic or did way too much acid... or both.... and Lumi who appears to still be tripping balls.

Ride, your sig is giving me a headache and causing me to avoid reading your posts. Which is a shame, I like your posts. Actually, that kind of flashing can cause a seizure in some people.

Flashing? Its not exactly smooth (I had to cut the frames or it crashed PS on export)....but it shouldn't look like a strobe light.

I have been thinking about going back to something more subtle but I haven't had any ideas...plus this thing took me SOOOOOO fucking long to make.

16-08-2013, 12:18 PM
(16-08-2013 12:08 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(16-08-2013 11:15 AM)Dom Wrote:  Ride, your sig is giving me a headache and causing me to avoid reading your posts. Which is a shame, I like your posts. Actually, that kind of flashing can cause a seizure in some people.

Flashing? Its not exactly smooth (I had to cut the frames or it crashed PS on export)....but it shouldn't look like a strobe light.

I have been thinking about going back to something more subtle but I haven't had any ideas...plus this thing took me SOOOOOO fucking long to make.

Well for the record I like it. MomSBB said she liked it as well last night on Skype.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-08-2013, 01:17 PM
(16-08-2013 12:08 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(16-08-2013 11:15 AM)Dom Wrote:  Ride, your sig is giving me a headache and causing me to avoid reading your posts. Which is a shame, I like your posts. Actually, that kind of flashing can cause a seizure in some people.

Ok, you must not see what I see.

I see a beautiful sig on a black background that is nicely animated. On top, overlaying it, I see a beige box blocking much of the pic out. It is a plain beige box, and it flashes on and off and on and off and makes me dizzy.

This box is defacing your very nice sig.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
16-08-2013, 01:21 PM
(16-08-2013 01:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(16-08-2013 12:08 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Flashing? Its not exactly smooth (I had to cut the frames or it crashed PS on export)....but it shouldn't look like a strobe light.

Ok, you must not see what I see.

I see a beautiful sig on a black background that is nicely animated. On top, overlaying it, I see a beige box blocking much of the pic out. It is a plain beige box, and it flashes on and off and on and off and makes me dizzy.

And I am trying to catch a pic of it, but the beige box flashes too fast, I can't grab it.

16-08-2013, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2013 01:36 PM by ridethespiral.)
(16-08-2013 01:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(16-08-2013 01:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  Ok, you must not see what I see.

And I am trying to catch a pic of it, but the beige box flashes too fast, I can't grab it.

I think your video card/chip is failing, is you computer getting up there in years? Does this happen when you watch HD video or play flash games?

Sounds a lot like artifacting.

16-08-2013, 02:09 PM
I see no sig at all Tongue

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
16-08-2013, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2013 03:11 PM by Luminon.)
(16-08-2013 09:58 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  We've got an OP who is either actively trying to become schizophrenic or did way too much acid... or both.... and Lumi who appears to still be tripping balls.
Meridian science
We do what we must
because we can

You rich Americans probably can afford to buy your drugs, movies, games and books, not everyone is so privileged. I used to make my own games and wrote some literature too. And well, I honestly tried to grow my own drugs, but they got stolen at night every single time, year after year. So I tried this spiritual energy stuff and man, it's awesome. It's still legal, because scientists don't believe it exists. They think that nobody except Greeks knew shit back then and that you can get your kicks from watching Hubble Telescope pictures. Amateurs. Cartesian black box-headed amateurs. They think Terrence McKenna with his drugs was revolutionary, because, you know, you can actually see drugs. Throw the drugs into the black box of your skull and react like passive western consumer. Use ancient Eastern techniques to convince your brain to gland its own drugs and be liberated.

Warning: may cause disillusionment. May lead to depression, cutting your ear off, writing poetry and listening to music nobody else listens, listening to music that is not actually playing. Do not use as a replacement for dental anaesthesia, life achievement, career or a source of income. Do not neglect physical body exercise or hygiene. Do not take as a replacement for political revolution or social change.
16-08-2013, 03:01 PM
(16-08-2013 02:34 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(16-08-2013 09:58 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  We've got an OP who is either actively trying to become schizophrenic or did way too much acid... or both.... and Lumi who appears to still be tripping balls.
Meridian science
We do what we must
because we can

I see words, but no meaning emerges.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]