Turek vs Hitchens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Turek vs Hitchens

Two hours long. Never seen this one before. I might try and watch it in parts.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
05-10-2014, 08:54 PM
RE: Turek vs Hitchens
It's hard work - but worth it for a couple of very good Hitchslaps...

I hate Turek...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
05-10-2014, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2014 06:26 PM by Bucky Ball.)
You'll need some IV sedation to listen to this. OMG. He's THE worst speaker I've ever heard. (His PhD is in Apologetics BTW, from that bastion of academia, the Southern Evangelical Seminary). Weeping
I had a headache in about 60 seconds, and after 2 minutes could not even begin to connect what he was trying to say. I may try again .. but anyone who does the "fast-talking" snake-oil routine must be very very insecure about what he's selling.

He wrote (the pathetic) "I don't have enough faith to be an atheist" ... *as if* in his world a little bit of faith is a good thing ? Hobo
It implies that what religion is for him, is (just as Hitchens was saying), "the best available" explanation of what he observes going on. He says it's not a "god of the gaps", but that's precisely what he describes.

What an idiot. He needs acronyms to remember how to thinks.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
05-10-2014, 09:29 PM
yeah, I don't like his speaking. I am about 45 minutes in and a lot of his arguments seem that. Science Second law of thermo blah blah blah. Science Jargon there for God blah blah blah...only Christians can be right blah blah blah.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
06-10-2014, 05:58 AM
I can deal with almost any Christian speaker, even that asshole Sye Ten, so long as it's not Dinesh D'Souza. That mans voice is a sound rape. I can't stand it, him and Hamza Tzortzis both annoy the hell outta me with there annoying voices, ear piercing laughs and punchable faces.

Tureks just an absolute idiot and bore. Same fallacies time and time again even after being corrected, new audience means new chance to tell the same lies. He's also a terrible terrible author and worst of all he doesn't know how to wear a fucking suit, it's painful to look at.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
06-10-2014, 06:08 AM
The prequel:

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
06-10-2014, 10:20 AM
I know what I will be watching this evening.....
06-10-2014, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2014 03:25 PM by unfogged.)
He starts off by saying that he's going to summarize 200 pages in 20 minutes which will require him to speak at about 20 pages a minute.... is that religious math? No wonder he can't handle any actual logic.

(edit) ...and after two hours it was all the same tired equivocations, misdirections, misrepresentations, and general wishful thinking as every other theist presents. Turek didn't have a single argument that hasn't been shown to be worthless over and over again. Not that I really expected anything more than that.

The big bang matches the book of Genesis...
Atheists can't account for where morals come from...
The bible could only have been written from eyewitness testimony...

The usual trainwreck.
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
06-10-2014, 05:05 PM
A lot of the time he gets this pitch in his voice that just reminds me of a petulant child about to throw a temper tantrum. That second video though.....those closing remarks.....what a gigantic fucking asshole. The second Hitchens can no longer offer a rebuttal it becomes one of the most offensive uses of straw manning I have seen in a while. Stupid arguments and Hitch demolished the little shithead.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
06-10-2014, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 05:07 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(06-10-2014 05:58 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I can deal with almost any Christian speaker, even that asshole Sye Ten, so long as it's not Dinesh D'Souza. That mans voice is a sound rape. I can't stand it, him and Hamza Tzortzis both annoy the hell outta me with there annoying voices, ear piercing laughs and punchable faces.

Tureks just an absolute idiot and bore. Same fallacies time and time again even after being corrected, new audience means new chance to tell the same lies. He's also a terrible terrible author and worst of all he doesn't know how to wear a fucking suit, it's painful to look at.

It was gnawing at me, he reminded me of something ... it hit me today what it was.
He should have been a used car salesman, with that suit. Weeping
I bet he wears a big diamond ring.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post