Turin Shroud

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2014, 12:36 PM
Turin Shroud
Do you think it is false? I know that scientist dated it from very late after christ, but i have found this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/scien...Jesus.html

And there are a lot of articles saying that carbon 14 test in 1988 is not reliable and that there are a massonic conspiration o.o
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2014, 12:42 PM
RE: Turin Shroud
(07-04-2014 12:36 PM)sophonian Wrote:  Do you think it is false? I know that scientist dated it from very late after christ, but i have found this:

And there are a lot of articles saying that carbon 14 test in 1988 is not reliable and that there are a massonic conspiration o.o

Interesting, though they do seem to be stretching here to make it fit. I would need more evidence, from several sources before I accept that this is indeed what they claim it is.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2014, 12:45 PM
(07-04-2014 12:36 PM)sophonian Wrote:  Do you think it is false? I know that scientist dated it from very late after christ, but i have found this:

Got a little secret for you:

every piece of shit people write on the fucking internet isn't necessarily true.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=shroud+of+turin+debunk

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/logi...oud-part-i

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/logi...ud-part-ii

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/logi...d-part-iii

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
07-04-2014, 01:37 PM
The one on the left is a fake shroud of Turin , the one on the right is the shroud of Turin.

[Image: shroud-bodies.jpg]

An Italian chemist named Luigi Garlaschelli reproduced the shroud to prove how it could be done.

http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/2009...-of-turin/

Google his name and more information can be found. The original isn't from anything earlier than the 14th centure.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
07-04-2014, 02:15 PM
If there was any authenticity to this, what would it mean? As far as I see, there are four possibilities:

1) God imprinted the image
2) A human imprinted the image
3) Some natural process imprinted the image
4) There is no image at all, but only perception of a random pattern that happens to resemble Jesus purely by coincidence

If the reality is 2, 3, or 4, then big deal. No miracle. No evidence for a god.

So that brings us to number 1. Why would God imprint such an image? Does he have nothing more important to do? Maybe he just wants to communicate that he really exists. God can't do any better than that??? Surely God could just stand before us and prove his existence if that's what he was trying to accomplish with this. I can't think of a reason why God would do this that would make any sense. But I can think of plenty of reasons why God (Yahweh in this case) doesn't exist and therefore couldn't have done this.

So do I think this is false? Absolutely.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
07-04-2014, 02:53 PM
(07-04-2014 02:15 PM)Impulse Wrote:  If there was any authenticity to this, what would it mean? As far as I see, there are four possibilities:

1) God imprinted the image
2) A human imprinted the image
3) Some natural process imprinted the image
4) There is no image at all, but only perception of a random pattern that happens to resemble Jesus purely by coincidence

If the reality is 2, 3, or 4, then big deal. No miracle. No evidence for a god.

So that brings us to number 1. Why would God imprint such an image? Does he have nothing more important to do? Maybe he just wants to communicate that he really exists. God can't do any better than that??? Surely God could just stand before us and prove his existence if that's what he was trying to accomplish with this. I can't think of a reason why God would do this that would make any sense. But I can think of plenty of reasons why God (Yahweh in this case) doesn't exist and therefore couldn't have done this.

So do I think this is false? Absolutely.

Exactly. God could have saved almost 200 million people from the Black Death in the 13th and 14th century, something humanity didn't have the knowledge to cure, but instead god makes an image of himself on a piece of cloth. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
07-04-2014, 04:47 PM
It looks like a 14th century Caucasian dude to me. Which it should not be.

Case closed.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 4 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
08-04-2014, 02:18 AM
It was just his practice run before he started on the important, really impressive stuff like appearing on toast and now also frying pans.

[Image: Jesus_Toast_Pan-300x251.jpg]

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 4 users Like Eva's post
08-04-2014, 02:42 AM
Come on Eva, that's the imprint of the man of the house!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
08-04-2014, 06:13 AM
(08-04-2014 02:18 AM)Eva Wrote:  It was just his practice run before he started on the important, really impressive stuff like appearing on toast and now also frying pans.

[Image: Jesus_Toast_Pan-300x251.jpg]

He's been broadening his horizons!

Here is he causing water damage to a house and signing his work:

[Image: david-beckham-damp_1602631i.jpg]
Although, he's getting sloppy. It doesn't really look like him.

Here he is ruining a piece of lumber:

[Image: 413.jpg]
Again, his signature is a bit off. Perhaps it was the Holy Spirit?

I also found a picture of him appearing on a dog's anus, but I'm not sure if I can post that or not. Plus, I'm sure most of you don't want to see that. Google it if you're curious.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post