Turkey Coup- good news?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2016, 06:15 AM
RE: Turkey Coup- good news?
(26-07-2016 12:55 AM)morondog Wrote:  Izel, do be careful Confused In an authoritarian state even these posts of yours could be enough to send you to jail.

If anything, Twitter is gonna get me in trouble Laugh out load

(26-07-2016 02:07 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(23-07-2016 05:16 PM)izel Wrote:  Is there a page missing? Something with good news on it perhaps? No?

I don't know where he finds the good news in the coup attempt in which at least 246 people were killed and thousands injured.

Maybe its the visa free travel that sounds attractive? Well he'll have to do more than that to get us, or should I say 30 billion euro industry out of the shit hole. Tourism that is. Last year we were down 18% and it was hurting, this year, 900 canceled reservations since last week, 900 in one week! And that's only for us. The hotel is literally empty, apart from few Turks, some crazy Russians and few other eastern European countries, we are EMPTY.
This is the resort I work positive,this time around, you can't get a room here if your life depends on it. This is what it looked like today.

[Image: MJrBM2.jpg]
[Image: 5VBnOl.jpg]
[Image: OMPzXP.jpg]

Erdogan also authorized the closure of 1,043 private schools, 1,229 charities and foundations, 19 trade unions, 15 universities and 35 medical institutions, arrest or removel of their duties of nearly 50,000 people.
This is what our political system looks like as of last week.

[Image: CoAACSqW8AAzz28.jpg:large]

But hey, the good news is, in the process of it all, I got some nice decorations for the resort.

[Image: Cn-j-LIUEAEVUx7.jpg]
[Image: Cn-j_qeUkAIkjcQ.jpg]
[Image: Cn-kCBQUIAAa5zw.jpg]

Izel, I want to make one comment. I used the words "good news?" as a question. The point is that a lot of people initially seemed to think it was "good news" and that it was going to get rid of Erdogan. Then it turned into a failed coup and people were saying this was "good news" because the institutions of a democratic government were saved. Then we heard people were being rounded up who had supported the coup and we were told this was a small faction within the army so we thought the situation was contained and this was "good news".

Now we hear 50,000 people from all walks of life are under arrest, so which is the good news? I asked a question. Nothing about this is good news, so far, at least on the surface. What is happening underneath the surface may be something quite different. Turkey remains part of the EC and cases will have to be dealt with according to European standards on Human Rights. If Erdogan is rounding up people who lawyers are saying did not comply with the rule of law in imprisoning people, then perhaps things will be ok. I hope so.

I'd like to see positive, but in mids of chaos its a bit hard. Erdoğan has been losing support lately, but like I mentioned in another post, Erdoğan is only one part of the problem, the other is that, there is no one competent to challenge him.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2016, 07:29 AM
RE: Turkey Coup- good news?
(26-07-2016 06:15 AM)izel Wrote:  Erdoğan is only one part of the problem, the other is that, there is no one competent to challenge him.

On the contrary, I know at least one young and intelligent Turkish citizen whom I'd back for the presidency Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply