Turkey day Dilemma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2014, 02:13 PM
RE: Turkey day Dilemma
(27-11-2014 09:21 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Would laughing and making sarcastic comments be out of line? Angel

How about offering to lead the prayer and thanking god for all the food even though people are starving all over the world as part of his divine mercy?

Would be interesting, but I don't recommend. Sadly true, though. Undecided

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2014, 11:42 PM
(27-11-2014 09:21 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Would laughing and making sarcastic comments be out of line? Angel

How about offering to lead the prayer and thanking god for all the food even though people are starving all over the world as part of his divine mercy?

I'm pretty sure that would get me into hot water with the wife but it would really be fun.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
01-12-2014, 01:46 PM
I'd say to let them pray. My wife is still Christian, and is raising our daughters nominally Christian. Recently, she has gotten into praying before meals. I just sit there until they're done.

(26-11-2014 09:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Let 'em pray. No skin off your scrotum. ... I like to look around the table to see whio else ain't praying. ... We share a wink and a nod.

My three-year-old keeps her eyes open and yells at me to shut mine and pray. She hasn't gotten that the belief system is optional. Although, I guess my six-year-old is pretty confused about the whole thing.