Turkey embarrasses the fuck out of the US.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2015, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2015 09:16 PM by GirlyMan.)
Turkey embarrasses the fuck out of the US.
After having already taken in some 2.2 million Syrian refugees compared to the scary scary 2000 suicide bombers waiting to happen the US has taken in, the Turkish response to the attacks on Paris and its effect on their immigration policy is:

"Of course we cannot close our doors. We always keep the doors open," Ali Osman Öztürk, head of Syrian refugee policy in Turkey, said on Thursday during a briefing at the embassy in Washington.

Without directly criticizing the refugee policies of specific countries, Öztürk suggested the international community step up its efforts.

"Do we have time discuss who is a real European? Who is a real American? Who is a real Turk? Who is real Middle Eastern?" he asked. "When we talk about refugee issues, it’s beyond ethnicity, beyond nationality, beyond any religion."

I feel like my country is now seen as the world's biggest pussy. We're armed to the teeth with more guns per capita than the any other country. We have more guns than people. And we're worried about a few peaceful Muslim families causing nationwide havoc? I think I agree with the world. Fucking bunch of fat fraidy cat pussies with guns ready to shoot their own shadow.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 26 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-11-2015, 06:10 PM
RE: Turkey embarrasses the fuck out of the US.
Turkey is in a hot spot. Close to a civil war. Terrorists everywhere. Bombs exploding all over. A president that wanted a majority in parliament so he can grant himself more executive power.

A recent Ipsos poll in Turkey showed that 85% of Turkish citizens viewed Syrian refugee immigration negatively, with only 2% support.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
20-11-2015, 06:15 PM
(20-11-2015 06:10 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Turkey is in a hot spot. Close to a civil war. Terrorists everywhere. Bombs exploding all over. A president that wanted a majority in parliament so he can grant himself more executive power.

A recent Ipsos poll in Turkey showed that 85% of Turkish citizens viewed Syrian refugee immigration negatively, with only 2% support.

[Image: 653px-Source_engine_logo_and_wordmark.svg.png]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
20-11-2015, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2015 09:36 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-11-2015 06:10 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  A recent Ipsos poll in Turkey showed that 85% of Turkish citizens viewed Syrian refugee immigration negatively, with only 2% support.

And that would make us, and by us I mean you, not pussy why?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-11-2015, 06:21 PM
(20-11-2015 06:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 06:10 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Turkey is in a hot spot. Close to a civil war. Terrorists everywhere. Bombs exploding all over. A president that wanted a majority in parliament so he can grant himself more executive power.

[Image: 653px-Source_engine_logo_and_wordmark.svg.png]

http://www.ipsos-na.com/news-polls/press...px?id=6932

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
20-11-2015, 06:24 PM
I would hope we can get some shift in Turkey's culture in some ways to begin with. I mean, they're at the very bottom of considered Industrialized nations that don't think evolution is the origins of humanity... of course the US is just one nation above them in that regard.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
20-11-2015, 10:27 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2015 11:11 PM by Stark Raving.)
Compared to the states I guess you make us look good, but we're definitely not carrying our weight up here in Canada either. So far the plan is to take 25,000 by Jan first. What really concerns me is I'm seeing the same hysteria about it too. I had someone actually tell me she was concerned about refugees taking away too many jobs and resources. Others saying that so many refugees will make Canada into Syria! Like we can't absorb 25,000 people into our population of thirty five million, spread out over one of the biggest countries in the world? Jesus, that's like being worried a teaspoon of salt won't dissolve in a bucket of water!

....sorry..rant over. I'm very frustrated with all of this. Dodgy

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 14 users Like Stark Raving's post
21-11-2015, 05:27 AM
We took in 750. No, not 750,000.. 750.
Mind you, we're a tiny nation of 5 million and we didn't cause the shit storm that is Syria thus creating this issue in the first place so...

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-11-2015, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2015 07:26 AM by Full Circle.)
(20-11-2015 10:27 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Compared to the states I guess you make us look good, but we're definitely not carrying our weight up here in Canada either. So far the plan is to take 25,000 by Jan first. What really concerns me is I'm seeing the same hysteria about it too. I had someone actually tell me she was concerned about refugees taking away too many jobs and resources. Others saying that so many refugees will make Canada into Syria! Like we can't absorb 25,000 people into our population of thirty five million, spread out over one of the biggest countries in the world? Jesus, that's like being worried a teaspoon of salt won't dissolve in a bucket of water!

....sorry..rant over. I'm very frustrated with all of this. Dodgy

The "take our jobs" rant is just another short-sighted view of how the world works. In my experience comments like these are made by people who only see themselves as employees and not future employers and jobs creators.

Undeniably many of these Syrian refugees will become small business owners, ironically employing the very ones who now cry about losing their jobs to them.

On top of this the 25,000 will become consumers thus fueling the Canadian economy.

People who bitch and moan not to let them in using this excuse are stupid.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
21-11-2015, 08:21 AM
(20-11-2015 05:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  After having already taken in some 2.2 million Syrian refugees compared to the scary scary 2000 suicide bombers waiting to happen the US has taken in, the Turkish response to the attacks on Paris and its effect on their immigration policy is:

"Of course we cannot close our doors. We always keep the doors open," Ali Osman Öztürk, head of Syrian refugee policy in Turkey, said on Thursday during a briefing at the embassy in Washington.

Without directly criticizing the refugee policies of specific countries, Öztürk suggested the international community step up its efforts.

"Do we have time discuss who is a real European? Who is a real American? Who is a real Turk? Who is real Middle Eastern?" he asked. "When we talk about refugee issues, it’s beyond ethnicity, beyond nationality, beyond any religion."

I feel like my country is now seen as the world's biggest pussy. We're armed to the teeth with more guns per capita than the any other country. We have more guns than people. And we're worried about a few peaceful Muslim families causing nationwide havoc? I think I agree with the world. Fucking bunch of fat fraidy cat pussies with guns ready to shoot their own shadow.

Japan took zero, so at least you are better than them on this.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube