Turkey embarrasses the fuck out of the US.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2015, 05:30 PM
RE: Turkey embarrasses the fuck out of the US.
(28-11-2015 05:21 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 05:16 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I certainly wouldn't willingly die for my country. I'm no patriot. What I would risk my life for is to save the lives of many others. They needn't be my countrymen either.

That's different and I would as well.

But not for some military industrial complex.

I'm no pawn.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-11-2015, 05:41 PM
(28-11-2015 05:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Yeah. Thanks GM!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
28-11-2015, 08:47 PM
(28-11-2015 05:21 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 05:16 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I certainly wouldn't willingly die for my country. I'm no patriot. What I would risk my life for is to save the lives of many others. They needn't be my countrymen either.

That's different and I would as well.

I'm no pawn.

I wasn't responding to your post. Just coincidentally followed it. I was just stating my position.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
28-11-2015, 09:03 PM
Girly Man,

Thanks for posting that video of Gen. Butler. I've read his book, "War is a Racket" at least 5 times and it's a favorite. Butler got the Medal of Honor two times [and some say three times -- the first time he should have received it was during a time when officers couldn't get it -- it was reserved for enlisted men] but after he retired and began speaking out against the stupid wars America was getting into just to protect American businesses, the Marine Corps tried to court martial him. However, it was just before WW II and the War Dept thought court martialing a hero like Butler would do a lot of damage to the war effort. They also realized that they couldn't win given that we have the first amendment.
[+] 2 users Like Black Eagle's post
28-11-2015, 09:20 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2015 09:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-11-2015 09:03 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  Girly Man,

Thanks for posting that video of Gen. Butler. I've read his book, "War is a Racket" at least 5 times and it's a favorite. Butler got the Medal of Honor two times [and some say three times -- the first time he should have received it was during a time when officers couldn't get it -- it was reserved for enlisted men] but after he retired and began speaking out against the stupid wars America was getting into just to protect American businesses, the Marine Corps tried to court martial him. However, it was just before WW II and the War Dept thought court martialing a hero like Butler would do a lot of damage to the war effort. They also realized that they couldn't win given that we have the first amendment.

He does have quite the story.

Yes, my name is Smedley Darlington and I will kick your ass.
[Image: butler-medals.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-11-2015, 12:08 AM
Quote:If you guys ever come to ─░zmir, let me know

I was close a couple of years ago. Kusadasi and Ephesus. Saw the signs for Izmir (Ancient Smyrna.)

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
29-11-2015, 12:52 AM
(28-11-2015 08:47 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 05:21 PM)Banjo Wrote:  That's different and I would as well.

I'm no pawn.

I wasn't responding to your post. Just coincidentally followed it. I was just stating my position.

I know mate.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
29-11-2015, 01:31 AM
(28-11-2015 05:03 PM)Losty Wrote:  I understand that being willing to die for your country is supposed to be like the ultimate quality of someone with good character...but I don't see anything wrong with not being willing to die for your country. I am not willing to die for my country and I'm not ashamed of that.

And I'm cool with that, always have been.

There are many different ways to serve your country, or rebel against it for that matter. I don't take my swearing an oath as evidence of my own morality. That must be proven day by day, continually.
29-11-2015, 01:53 AM
(29-11-2015 01:31 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I don't take my swearing an oath as evidence of my own morality.

To whom do you swear this oath? Do you even know? Or is it just a figment of your imagination?

Therein lies the problem. You do not know for whom it is you work. Some Tory gazillionaire more like. Your next door neighbour?

Where does propaganda begin and end?

Banjo.
29-11-2015, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2015 06:05 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(29-11-2015 01:53 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(29-11-2015 01:31 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I don't take my swearing an oath as evidence of my own morality.

To whom do you swear this oath? Do you even know? Or is it just a figment of your imagination?

Therein lies the problem. You do not know for whom it is you work. Some Tory gazillionaire more like. Your next door neighbour?

Where does propaganda begin and end?

Actually, I swore it to the government of my country, no figment of my imagination, a real entity. Look it up sometime; it's real.

I knew for whom I worked. I didn't know what tasks I would be set to, nor what purposes would be served, which is one reason why I served my agreed enlistment but no more. I was much younger and less wise. I've grown in the meantime, and learnt more, and have in that very post you quoted noted that I have no moral ascendancy.

Having already acknowledged that, you should have the decency to not badger me. Do you really think I haven't thought about my service, from all sides of the prism? Do you think I'm that thoughtless, that I need you to give me a public lecture?

I'm not accustomed to my friends talking down to me so, and don't take kindly to it.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post