Turkey embarrasses the fuck out of the US.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2015, 09:46 AM
RE: Turkey embarrasses the fuck out of the US.
Quote:And we're worried about a few peaceful Muslim families causing nationwide havoc?

No, we're not. What we have is a bunch of shitheads running for the republicunt nomination for president trying to stir up some shit.

Big difference.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
21-11-2015, 10:38 AM
(20-11-2015 06:10 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Turkey is in a hot spot. Close to a civil war. Terrorists everywhere. Bombs exploding all over.

I must have missed that. My wife and I love Turkey and it is one of the countries we run to when we need a good vacation. We were just there in April and we didn't see any "terrorists everywhere" or "bombs exploding all over" and we traveled all over Turkey. We did hear a bomb explode in a bank in Istanbul in 2005 but the terrorists who set it off were considerate and they did it on a Sunday morning when nobody was there to get hurt. [It did wake me up in the early morning and that pissed me off but I quickly went back to sleep.] One of the travel writers says you are more likely to choke on a tasty kebab than get hurt by a terrorist in Turkey. I believe him.
[+] 7 users Like Black Eagle's post
21-11-2015, 10:58 AM
(21-11-2015 05:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  We took in 750. No, not 750,000.. 750.
Mind you, we're a tiny nation of 5 million and we didn't cause the shit storm that is Syria thus creating this issue in the first place so...

ummmm ... yeah. Don't act so high and mighty. Some of us still remember Rangiriri.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
21-11-2015, 11:01 AM
(21-11-2015 10:38 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 06:10 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Turkey is in a hot spot. Close to a civil war. Terrorists everywhere. Bombs exploding all over.

I must have missed that. My wife and I love Turkey and it is one of the countries we run to when we need a good vacation. We were just there in April and we didn't see any "terrorists everywhere" or "bombs exploding all over" and we traveled all over Turkey. We did hear a bomb explode in a bank in Istanbul in 2005 but the terrorists who set it off were considerate and they did it on a Sunday morning when nobody was there to get hurt. [It did wake me up in the early morning and that pissed me off but I quickly went back to sleep.] One of the travel writers says you are more likely to choke on a tasty kebab than get hurt by a terrorist in Turkey. I believe him.

140 people have been killed in bombings this year alone. Over 500 injured. A couple big ones in July and October. The risk is higher now than years past now that ISIS is operating in the area.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
21-11-2015, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2015 01:38 PM by Full Circle.)
(21-11-2015 11:01 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(21-11-2015 10:38 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I must have missed that. My wife and I love Turkey and it is one of the countries we run to when we need a good vacation. We were just there in April and we didn't see any "terrorists everywhere" or "bombs exploding all over" and we traveled all over Turkey. We did hear a bomb explode in a bank in Istanbul in 2005 but the terrorists who set it off were considerate and they did it on a Sunday morning when nobody was there to get hurt. [It did wake me up in the early morning and that pissed me off but I quickly went back to sleep.] One of the travel writers says you are more likely to choke on a tasty kebab than get hurt by a terrorist in Turkey. I believe him.

140 people have been killed in bombings this year alone. Over 500 injured. A couple big ones in July and October. The risk is higher now than years past now that ISIS is operating in the area.

Versus how many dead in US by mass killings orchestrated by the natives?

PS looked it up, 294 deaths in first 274 days of 2015 Consider

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...reds-dead/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
21-11-2015, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2015 03:04 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(21-11-2015 01:32 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(21-11-2015 11:01 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  140 people have been killed in bombings this year alone. Over 500 injured. A couple big ones in July and October. The risk is higher now than years past now that ISIS is operating in the area.

Versus how many dead in US by mass killings orchestrated by the natives?

Inflated stats. They use stats that don't meet the definition of active shooter by the FBI. There is a difference between an active shooter (like a school shooter or library, where people are contained and have no way to escape) and a mass shooting (where 4 or more people are shot, could be domestic violence, drug violence, gang violence).

To lump gang shootings in with active shooters (which are very rare) is dishonesty. If I remember correctly the FBI has only documented 160 "active shooter" events in the last 20-30 years. An active shooter is more comparable to terrorism. The victims are usually unknown to the shooter, unlike a mass shooting where the shooter kills family or rival gang members.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
21-11-2015, 04:40 PM
(21-11-2015 10:58 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-11-2015 05:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  We took in 750. No, not 750,000.. 750.
Mind you, we're a tiny nation of 5 million and we didn't cause the shit storm that is Syria thus creating this issue in the first place so...

ummmm ... yeah. Don't act so high and mighty. Some of us still remember Rangiriri.

Considering that was British forces v Maori forces and not New Zealand forces, I applaud you for your humor but no cigar good sir.
And I would bet money on you not 'remembering' shit about the NZ Land Wars let alone about specific engagements. Big Grin

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-11-2015, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2015 05:02 PM by Full Circle.)
(21-11-2015 02:49 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(21-11-2015 01:32 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Versus how many dead in US by mass killings orchestrated by the natives?

Inflated stats. They use stats that don't meet the definition of active shooter by the FBI. There is a difference between an active shooter (like a school shooter or library, where people are contained and have no way to escape) and a mass shooting (where 4 or more people are shot, could be domestic violence, drug violence, gang violence).

To lump gang shootings in with active shooters (which are very rare) is dishonesty. If I remember correctly the FBI has only documented 160 "active shooter" events in the last 20-30 years. An active shooter is more comparable to terrorism. The victims are usually unknown to the shooter, unlike a mass shooting where the shooter kills family or rival gang members.

I wasn’t trying to be dishonest, the fact that there are mass killings in the US nearly everyday compares unfavorably with the statistics you posted when looked in the light of citizen safety. In the end a victim of mass shootings is just as dead or wounded as one from an active shooter but I looked it up anyway and found

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2014/se...0-and-2013

FBI defined active shooting incidents 160 between 2000-2013 or 11.4 incidents annually. Total casualties 1,043.

[Image: fbistats2.jpg?h=401&w=595]

[Image: fbistats1.jpg?h=323&w=595]

The upward trend of active shooting incidents in the US is nothing to take solace in. I brought up the comparison of mass shootings (including “active shooter”) to show that while any terrorist attack, in Turkey or elsewhere is horrific, a comparison to the US homegrown atrocities is not unwarranted and serves as a reminder that all atrocities aren’t commited by foreign terrorists.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
21-11-2015, 05:03 PM
(21-11-2015 04:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-11-2015 10:58 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ummmm ... yeah. Don't act so high and mighty. Some of us still remember Rangiriri.

Considering that was British forces v Maori forces and not New Zealand forces, I applaud you for your humor but no cigar good sir.
And I would bet money on you not 'remembering' shit about the NZ Land Wars let alone about specific engagements. Big Grin

I would bet that my access to water is more accessible than yours and don't involve no Maori.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
21-11-2015, 05:21 PM
Hmmm Nurse vs Izel. .. though call.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post