Turkey embarrasses the fuck out of the US.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2015, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2015 05:57 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Turkey embarrasses the fuck out of the US.
(22-11-2015 08:35 AM)BnW Wrote:  The lone wolf scenario is probably inevitable. I'm shocked it hasn't happened already.

ummm ... Ted Kaczynski, Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, David Koresh, James Holmes, Dylann Roof, Adam Lanza, John Allen Muhammed and Lee Boyd Malvo, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, Seung-Hui Cho, Jeffrey Dahlmer, David Berkowitz, Zodiac Killer, Charles Manson and many others. Very few of the recent terrorist attacks were not done by lone wolfs.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-11-2015, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2015 01:49 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(22-11-2015 01:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 08:35 AM)BnW Wrote:  The lone wolf scenario is probably inevitable. I'm shocked it hasn't happened already.

ummm ... Ted Kaczynski, Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, David Koresh, James Holmes, Dylann Roof, Adam Lanza, John Allen Muhammed and Lee Boyd Malvo, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, Seung-Hui Cho, Jeffrey Dahlmer, David Berkowitz, Zodiac Killer and many others. Very few of the recent terrorist attacks were not done by lone wolfs.

Some of those wouldn't qualify as lone wolf terrorism because they weren't doing it in support of a group or cause. Some of them would, by definition I suppose. Serial killers and mass shooters wouldn't fit the definition. Perhaps Dylan Roof would since he did it in the name of white supremacy.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
22-11-2015, 05:09 PM
(22-11-2015 05:40 AM)izel Wrote:  I feel like I have to say something now Smile. First I'd like to remind you that we are NOT at the bottom of the industrial world.

He said that Turkey is at the bottom regarding acceptance of evolution.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-11-2015, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2015 05:53 PM by GirlyMan.)

#sigh
22-11-2015, 05:58 PM
(22-11-2015 01:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

ummm ... Ted Kaczynski, Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, David Koresh, James Holmes, Dylann Roof, Adam Lanza, John Allen Muhammed and Lee Boyd Malvo, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, Seung-Hui Cho, Jeffrey Dahlmer, David Berkowitz, Zodiac Killer and many others. Very few of the recent terrorist attacks were not done by lone wolfs.

I wasn't thinking of it like that, but you make a good point. All of those people were arguably terrorists. At least no less so than the nutjobs in Paris last week (except maybe Dahmer, who did his killings without anyone knowing. I think quiet killers are a different breed). These things happen as a matter of course and we all just roll with it. Yet, for some reason, you add some brown skin people and have them yell "Allah Akbar" and suddenly everyone loses their minds. To steal the Joker meme, I guess that's just not part of the plan.

Do people feel better if their loved ones are murdered by a non-Islamic terrorist? I doubt it. So, why is this where we draw the line?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
22-11-2015, 06:13 PM
(22-11-2015 05:58 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 01:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ummm ... Ted Kaczynski, Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, David Koresh, James Holmes, Dylann Roof, Adam Lanza, John Allen Muhammed and Lee Boyd Malvo, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, Seung-Hui Cho, Jeffrey Dahlmer, David Berkowitz, Zodiac Killer and many others. Very few of the recent terrorist attacks were not done by lone wolfs.

I wasn't thinking of it like that, but you make a good point. All of those people were arguably terrorists. At least no less so than the nutjobs in Paris last week (except maybe Dahmer, who did his killings without anyone knowing. I think quiet killers are a different breed). These things happen as a matter of course and we all just roll with it. Yet, for some reason, you add some brown skin people and have them yell "Allah Akbar" and suddenly everyone loses their minds. To steal the Joker meme, I guess that's just not part of the plan.

Do people feel better if their loved ones are murdered by a non-Islamic terrorist? I doubt it. So, why is this where we draw the line?

For me, its the addition of yet another problem. It's like damn, not only do I have to worry about getting struck by lightning, tornadoes, car accidents, cancer, looney mass shooters, and the occasional home invasion robbery, now this jihad shit too? Can I just have some time not worrying about what or who is going to kill me? I think we've become numb to the random shit that can kill us. Jihadists on our own soil? That's new so its making headlines.

22-11-2015, 06:55 PM
(22-11-2015 06:13 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Can I just have some time not worrying about what or who is going to kill me?

Is this something you actively think about? If this really concerns you eat more veggies and less red meat. If you smoke, stop. If you drink, stop.

I have a high stress job and I spend a decent amount of time commuting on a train - a perfect target TYVM - to the biggest target on the planet. And, I honestly don't think twice about the implications. My main concern is how I can drop a few pounds without giving up any of my preferred foods or drinks (and, so far I've not figured that out).

We're all going to die. Hopefully it's after a long and happy life but not everyone is lucky. But, you are far more likely to die just driving home from work than any of the other things you mentioned. So, why worry about it?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
22-11-2015, 07:28 PM
(22-11-2015 06:55 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 06:13 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Can I just have some time not worrying about what or who is going to kill me?

Is this something you actively think about? If this really concerns you eat more veggies and less red meat. If you smoke, stop. If you drink, stop.

I have a high stress job and I spend a decent amount of time commuting on a train - a perfect target TYVM - to the biggest target on the planet. And, I honestly don't think twice about the implications. My main concern is how I can drop a few pounds without giving up any of my preferred foods or drinks (and, so far I've not figured that out).

We're all going to die. Hopefully it's after a long and happy life but not everyone is lucky. But, you are far more likely to die just driving home from work than any of the other things you mentioned. So, why worry about it?

Honestly I've had a fear of death for as long as I can remember. I've always attributed it to my atheism. This life is all I have, and once it's gone its gone forever. It's not an easy burden. I've lost sleep laying in bed many times in my life, pondering death. I actually fainted in the shower once about 5 years ago. No joke.

22-11-2015, 08:17 PM
(22-11-2015 06:57 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 05:40 AM)izel Wrote:  I feel like I hate to say something now Smile. First I'd like to remind you that we are NOT at the bottom of the industrial world. You could have said that 10 years ago, today we have one of the fastest growing economy in the world. We are far from a "brink of a civil war" do we agree with everything our politicians do? Absolutely not. But civil war because we disagree with Erdo─čan's policy? Get real... Do I wanna see 2 million Arab's running around my streets? Absolutely not. But neither do I wanna see this
[Image: humanity_washed_up_ashore_jpg_cf.jpg]

I don't care his nationality or religion, you can not possibly tell me seeing this image does not break your heart? Yes we too are scared of being a victim of the terror horror just like the rest of the Europe and the world. But we're not gonna live in a bubble are we now?

You are right, of course. The children are the real victims. It's sad they suffer. I can't help but think of my own children, especially my 15 month old son.

While I understand that these refugees are fleeing terrible conditions, I also don't want the risk that comes with them. It puts me in a difficult position to choose which side to take. I see the photo you posted of the dead child that washed ashore. It is truly sad. But the ISIS fuckers show no compassion when it comes to children. They've buried children alive. Crucified children in front of their parents for stupid "crimes" like failing to fast during Ramadan. Little kids just want some food and they crucify them and make their parents watch. They lock kids in cages and let them starve to death. They blow up schools. And the beheadings. Shit is sick.

So fuck them. They're never going to stop until one side is dead. So let's get it over with. Let's put massive amount of troops on the ground and take them out. I know Obama won't do it, but hopefully the next president will. And if they want to fight on American soil, so be it. I think they underestimate us. They might kill some of us but it won't be as easy as other places they've done this shit. I don't think these ISIS fuckers understand the actual firepower owned by the average American. It will only take a few attacks on American soil like what happened in Paris and you'll have 75 million rednecks in pickup trucks patrolling the streets. Probably be a mass exodus out of America by Muslims because they won't feel safe.

"While I understand that these refugees are fleeing terrible conditions, I also don't want the risk that comes with them. It puts me in a difficult position to choose which side to take."

I have kids too, 3 of them. I disagree that there's a choice to be made.
Millions of innocent civilian families running for their lives because people are being slaughtered. Of course you take the risk. You take the fucking risk. I know it's naive of me but I thought if nothing else I learned as a child was true, surely the one thing would be that the United States of America is a nation of bravery...of courage. But I look around and find myself drowning is a sea of pathetic cowards. It's disgusting. We spend more money on our military than any other country in the world. We constantly brag about how we are the biggest and the baddest. We already have a strict system in place to check these refugees out. If one happens to trickle through, you don't think we can take them? It's a small risk to take compared to the benefit of saving the lives of innocent civilian families. 10,000 is really a pathetic number but people are against even that.

Apparently the French are supposed to be the cowards but in the face of an attack they've vowed to take in more refugees.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 8 users Like Losty's post
22-11-2015, 09:18 PM
See that's just it, isn't it? No one seems willing to take any risk at all. When did this type of cowardice become acceptable?? I hear these people say that it's too dangerous to take in refugees because there's a risk........FUCK! Yeah, and you take that fucking risk for fucks sake! The minuscule risk you are actually taking is NOTHING. Not compared to the lives it saves.

The worst of it is the incredulous stance I see with some parents. This high and mighty, "MY ONE JOB IS TO PROTECT MY CHILDREN" bullshit. Your job is to prepare your kid to be an adult human. That means when people are suffering, you help, even if there's a risk. You teach your kids to mitigate the risk as best you can, and accept that you might get shot in the face. That's called being brave. (Knowing how to balance risk and bravery is obvious, so shut it Dodgy )

So yes, you take the risk. Yes, even though your kids are special little snowflakes. Then you teach your kids -by example- how to be a decent person.

Ok. Now rant done. Maybe.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 7 users Like Stark Raving's post