Turkey to abolish evolution-teachings in schools.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2017, 04:40 AM
Turkey to abolish evolution-teachings in schools.
Just read that Turkey has moved to eliminate the evolution teachings from schools and is placing emphasis on jihad-teachings.
And that is a NATO-ally. No good.....
Yet they still want to be part of the EU, blackmailing the EU to unleash many more refugees into the continent.
They must be a special kind of stupid??
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ron NL-S's post
21-07-2017, 05:03 AM
RE: Turkey to abolish evolution-teachings in schools.
Yeah, this is atrocious. They are regressing towards the dark ages with this kind of nonsense. Adults scared of their children learning about reality and using the brains. How pathetic.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-07-2017, 06:05 AM
Well obviously..

Everyone knows the planet was found fully formed in the navel of a giant earwig at four-thirty one Vroonday afternoon....

Signed

Thrashbarg
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
21-07-2017, 06:21 AM
Germany already abandoned its airbase in Incirlik, due to pressure by the Sultan.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
21-07-2017, 07:17 AM
[Image: giphy.webp]

URRGHHHH, bloody hell.

What a load of shit. Facepalm

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
21-07-2017, 07:20 AM
I always knew that Turkey's government were all turkeys!

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
21-07-2017, 08:41 AM
Ugh, I fear for our friend (s) over there.
21-07-2017, 02:27 PM
(21-07-2017 04:40 AM)Ron NL-S Wrote:  Just read that Turkey has moved to eliminate the evolution teachings from schools and is placing emphasis on jihad-teachings.
And that is a NATO-ally. No good.....
Yet they still want to be part of the EU, blackmailing the EU to unleash many more refugees into the continent.
They must be a special kind of stupid??

The USA doesn't teach evolution in schools, as a result of the Scopes Monkey Trial.

The Kemalist (secular) establishment has rounded up over 50,000 Muslims belonging to or believed to belong to the Gulenist movement so I would not jump to conclusions.

I am in a Turkish controlled area and it is still illegal to teach from the Koran here although it is a Muslim country. The local Grand Mufti, was arrested last week by Erdogan and later bailed. He's the head of the state religious department.

What I feel may be going on is that Turkey is trying to gain control of Islam, rather than leaving it to private institutions and Imams to teach. Turkey is still very much a secular society. What has happened over the years is that the poor, uneducated Arabic Muslims in the central and southern regions have made advances in wealth and status. They then get jobs, get into politics and start "taking over". This has scared the Kemalists, which is why there have been coup d'etats over the years. The Junta then redraft the constitution and start again but the same thing keeps happening.

Kemalists have been very worried about Erdogan but he has always been a glove puppet of the USA and Erdogan's former allies, the Gulenists, are part of the US effort to influence Islam. They developed a very bad reputation in Turkey and became very disliked. I've had people say to me that however bad Erdogan is, the Gulenists are worse and we see how they operated when they staged last years coup. They act like a secret society and advance their own to high levels in government and industry. They are Islamists so they don't respect the rule of law and they locked up a lot of Kemalist Generals several years ago who were released shortly before the coup.

Erdogan's party, despite being Islamic, is an offshoot of a secularist party and Turkish friends are now making comments to me that they are noticing a shift by Erdogan towards secularists. The changes in the constitution to place more power in the Presidency is a way of preventing the parliament from being dominated by Muslims and I think, believe, that whatever is taught in Turkish schools will likely be a very much toned down version of Islam if it gets off the ground.
[+] 1 user Likes Deltabravo's post
21-07-2017, 02:42 PM
My wife live in Saudi for many years and wore a full face veil. From what she has told me and what I have picked up from others, the reason Muslim women wear head scarves and veils has nothing to do with "piety". They wear them because they have dyed hair and so much makeup on that they'd be arrested if they didn't cover up. My wife said that, when she got on a plane from Saudi back to the UK, all the Arabic women queued up at the toilets so they could get changed into Western clothes and everyone on the plane then got drunk. One guy I met here told me that Arabic women tease men by putting on very heavy eye makeup, to such an extent, he said, that he was sexually aroused by it.

What the problem is in places like Turkey, is not Islam as some kind of terrorist organization. The problem is that a huge portion of the population are just plain ignorant and uneducated and if not controlled, will elect whoever their Imam tells them to. If Turkey does not exercise state control over Islam, there's no "church" and no "pope" so any Jihdist type could get elected in the right circumstances, particularly with the Gulenist's support. Their modus was to conceal their identity until they achieved powerful positions, and then they staged a coup. So, who's more dangerous? Erdogan is a cynical political operator. He has been quoted as saying that democracy is a good thing as long as it takes you where you want it to. But, he may have the same attitude towards Islam.
24-07-2017, 03:43 PM
(21-07-2017 02:42 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  ... a huge portion of the population are just plain ignorant and uneducated and if not controlled, will elect whoever their Imam tells them to ...

That's how it works in the U.S. It put trump in the WH.