Turkey to abolish evolution-teachings in schools.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2017, 02:17 PM
RE: Turkey to abolish evolution-teachings in schools.
(21-07-2017 02:27 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  The USA doesn't teach evolution in schools, as a result of the Scopes Monkey Trial.
Um... no.

Pretty much every basic biology course in nearly all public high schools in the US teach about evolution.

The Scopes trial only applied to Tennessee. It was used as a precedent by other states, to attempt to pass anti-evolution laws, but only 13 states attempted that, and only two succeeded (Arkansas and Mississippi). Those laws were overturned decades ago, although some states still require a "warning" label on textbooks, advising that "evolution is only a theory".

But it is taught, all over the US, and has been for 60-80 yearsm, depending on where you are.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
27-07-2017, 12:05 AM
(26-07-2017 02:17 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(21-07-2017 02:27 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  The USA doesn't teach evolution in schools, as a result of the Scopes Monkey Trial.
Um... no.

Pretty much every basic biology course in nearly all public high schools in the US teach about evolution.

The Scopes trial only applied to Tennessee. It was used as a precedent by other states, to attempt to pass anti-evolution laws, but only 13 states attempted that, and only two succeeded (Arkansas and Mississippi). Those laws were overturned decades ago, although some states still require a "warning" label on textbooks, advising that "evolution is only a theory".

But it is taught, all over the US, and has been for 60-80 yearsm, depending on where you are.

Lol, seriously? A warning label? That's tragically hilarious.

Do they put warning labels on sandwiches too?

"This is only two pieces of bread with some salad inbetween"

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-07-2017, 01:04 AM
[Image: uD5HmfB.jpg]

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
27-07-2017, 06:21 PM
(27-07-2017 12:05 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Lol, seriously? A warning label? That's tragically hilarious.
If only it were a joke.

Quote:Do they put warning labels on sandwiches too?
Shhh!

Don't give them any ideas. They're not good with ideas.

--
Dr H

[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
28-07-2017, 02:00 AM
(27-07-2017 12:05 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  some states still require a "warning" label on textbooks, advising that "evolution is only a theory".

[Image: giphy.gif]

Will they ever learn what a Theory is? FFS Facepalm

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
28-07-2017, 03:09 AM
Lol right. It may as well say, "Warning: some people don't understand science or words used in a scientific context. Your teacher is probably one of them."

28-07-2017, 04:22 PM
(28-07-2017 03:09 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Lol right. It may as well say, "Warning: some people don't understand science or words used in a scientific context. Your teacher is probably one of them."

"WARNING: Gravity is only a theory. Please remain in you seats at all times, and grip the sides firmly."

--
Dr H

[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
29-07-2017, 03:42 AM
The warning isn't even correct within its own idiot bubble. It should say, "The Theory of Evolution is only a theory". Of course, knowing the difference between evolution and TTOE is expecting too much from creationists.